Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515540 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #500 on: February 19, 2016, 09:09:04 AM »

Sure have a lot of people on my Facebook feed telling me they are going to see all sots of acts, with dates announced as far away as late August.

Sure would like to join them with some news of my own.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #501 on: February 19, 2016, 09:27:05 AM »

if they are getting $3M per show, there will absolutely be press. I hope this isn't some sticking point that's holding things up.

someone booked Axl on Kimmel for a reason. and for some reason, it got cancelled.

face time on TV adds to the excitement of the reunion, creates a buzz, provides free marketing, and sells tix. I'm sure the promoters are thinking that some stadiums will not be automatic sell-outs, so if they are paying premium $$, they need the band to do their part.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #502 on: February 19, 2016, 09:31:29 AM »

They will have to do something, I agree.

Even just a simple press release listing all the dates and who will be on stage.  That will be picked up by every outlet.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #503 on: February 19, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »

Second Mexico show is not sold out yet? booohh  Angry

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #504 on: February 19, 2016, 09:34:29 AM »

It was all but, I thought.

Weren't the only seats left sort of beside the stage?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #505 on: February 19, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »

It was all but, I thought.

Weren't the only seats left sort of beside the stage?

As far as I can tell that's the case.

Some have suggested that the sections in the rear haven't gone up for sale yet, but I have checked Ticketmaster from time to time, and sometimes there will be single seats popping up in sections further back.

To me, that suggests those sections are sold-out.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #506 on: February 21, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »

Thanks to nugdafied over at mygnr:

There's a couple childhood friends of mine on facebook that work events at Soldier Field in Chicago...Anyways, they had a little post about how fun it was going to be working the Guns N' Roses shows over July 4th weekend. These are women that would never come up with some story like that, unless, it had been mentioned at their job. So take that for what it's worth.

Sweetness is a virtue
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #507 on: February 21, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »

There's a couple childhood friends of mine on facebook that work events at Soldier Field in Chicago...Anyways, they had a little post about how fun it was going to be working the Guns N' Roses shows over July 4th weekend. These are women that would never come up with some story like that, unless, it had been mentioned at their job. So take that for what it's worth.
Some of these announcements need to be coming very soon i would think.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #508 on: February 21, 2016, 06:52:51 PM »

At this point I think it's safe to say these rumored US/Can dates are indeed GN'R dates that are on hold.

Some questions,

#1: When is the planned start of the stadium tour? If it's April, we must expect some announcement very soon. If it's later, they could wait accordingly I guess.

#2: Are they planning on announcing the whole tour at once? If so, there might still be negotiations going on for some venues, and that helps stalling the announcement.

#3: How certain are they of the market analysis? This plays in to what size venues they want to go for. Just a thought (without any qualification): Let's say they expected the second Mexico show to sell out just as fast as the first one, but now it seems it will take some extra days. It's a small detail for us, but maybe this affects their analysis in a bigger way. Maybe so much that they are looking to switch venues in some of the smaller markets (like going from a stadium to an arena). That could take some extra time.

Sweetness is a virtue
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #509 on: February 22, 2016, 12:52:17 AM »

At this point I think it's safe to say these rumored US/Can dates are indeed GN'R dates that are on hold.

Some questions,

#1: When is the planned start of the stadium tour? If it's April, we must expect some announcement very soon. If it's later, they could wait accordingly I guess.

#2: Are they planning on announcing the whole tour at once? If so, there might still be negotiations going on for some venues, and that helps stalling the announcement.

#3: How certain are they of the market analysis? This plays in to what size venues they want to go for. Just a thought (without any qualification): Let's say they expected the second Mexico show to sell out just as fast as the first one, but now it seems it will take some extra days. It's a small detail for us, but maybe this affects their analysis in a bigger way. Maybe so much that they are looking to switch venues in some of the smaller markets (like going from a stadium to an arena). That could take some extra time.
If its April i think we hear something this week.

That's a good question, i would think all at once.

That could be. I have to say if they are planning to switch to arenas in some smaller markets i hope Dallas gets switched to AAC. Getting out of AT&T stadium could be a complete nightmare especially if the Rangers are playing in town that night. You could have realistically 120,000 people trying to get out of Arlington at the same time. And that city isn't made for that kind of traffic.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2016, 06:55:39 AM »

Surely they're pushing it to announce a June/July stadium now in terms of time? Announcement would have to be in the next week or so.

I'd say it's way too late for other dates in April now, unless they're very small scale 'fanclub' warm up shows.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2016, 07:27:26 AM »

August 18th in Oakland (O.CO Coliseum), from a VERY legit source.
http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=54628.msg1544297#msg1544297
(the guy is from Oakland, too - so it might be more than just a random shot)

Princess Leia
« Reply #512 on: February 22, 2016, 08:33:32 AM »

How well you know those people? Are they trustworthy? I don't remember hearing about that forum before. Don't get me wrong I want it to be truth because it means most likely more West Coast shows in August
zombux
Legend

« Reply #513 on: February 22, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »

newgnr forum itself is legit (its history is almost as long as HTGTH), but I have no idea about the guy himself. he's not a 1st-post newbie, already saw GNR a few times based on his posts history. soooo this might be legit, maybe not - take it as it is Smiley

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #514 on: February 22, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »

Thank you!

Added to rumors.

The only thing I'm thinking about here is the tour routing. We have rumors of an east coast date in August and now a west coast one as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #515 on: February 22, 2016, 09:01:49 AM »

Yeah, not exactly a straight line route, huh?

zombux
Legend

« Reply #516 on: February 22, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »

+ rumors about EU tour by the same time. so definitely only US or EU is possible at the same time.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #517 on: February 22, 2016, 09:05:23 AM »

Thank you!

Added to rumors.

The only thing I'm thinking about here is the tour routing. We have rumors of an east coast date in August and now a west coast one as well.

The Chicago rumor is early July... It's not exactly the typical route, but they could start Mid West and circle the US sort of clockwise... That would bring them Midwest,  Northeast, Mid Atlantic, South East, Texas, Southwest, So Cal, Nor Cal, North West, Canada?

+ rumors about EU tour by the same time. so definitely only US or EU is possible at the same time.

I've never put much stock in the Euro dates unless it is a festival here or there between US dates (wouldn't require their own stage setup etc...)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:07:03 AM by C0ma » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #518 on: February 22, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »

Yeah, not exactly a straight line route, huh?

We don't really have any timeframe for the San Francisco show, so maybe they'll do the west coast last? Not counting the April dates as part of the US stadium tour.

Speaking of San Francisco, do you guys think it's probable they'll do a date there as well as Oakland? Instead of two dates at the same stadium in the area for instance.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #519 on: February 22, 2016, 09:11:28 AM »

The Chicago rumor is early July... It's not exactly the typical route, but they could start Mid West and circle the US sort of clockwise... That would bring them Midwest,  Northeast, Mid Atlantic, South East, Texas, Southwest, So Cal, Nor Cal, North West, Canada?

It could be the case.

If the Boston date is true, it'll have to be right at the beginning of August then.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: