Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515589 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #480 on: February 17, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »

So...it looks like we will be getting the summer NA dates all together, for the most part.  I wonder when we can expect the tour announcement.  Think they'd wait until after Vegas, or is that cutting it too close?
If April 30th weekend in Dallas is legit that's cutting it way too close to start in April/May.

Not sure, the April 20 Foro Sol date went on sale yesterday.

That's still over 2 months away. I'm just saying we are getting dangerously close to the rumored Dallas date to announce it and put tickets on sale. If the date turns out to be true it has to be announced next week and put on sale that weekend. If we get into March and still no announcement that rumored date won't happen imo. It will be a later date. For shows at such big venues i think you need to announce them and sell the tickets at least 2 months prior.

Ok, I thought you meant we were already too close for an April 30 date to be announced.

If the US shows sells as well as the Mexico dates, they won't need it to be 2 months on the market. But going by normal practices, I also assume an announcement very soon if they are to add more dates in April.

Las Vegas sold about 35-40,000 tickets in a heartbeat, so that looks good for the US.
Yeah i am just saying we are getting very close to too close. I think they can announce it next week and put it on sale first week of March. Any later i'd say forget about that specific rumored date.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #481 on: February 17, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »

I didn't see you were responding to the suggestion of an announcement after Vegas.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:40 PM »

So...it looks like we will be getting the summer NA dates all together, for the most part.  I wonder when we can expect the tour announcement.  Think they'd wait until after Vegas, or is that cutting it too close?
If April 30th weekend in Dallas is legit that's cutting it way too close to start in April/May.

That's still over 2 months away. I'm just saying we are getting dangerously close to the rumored Dallas date to announce it and put tickets on sale. If the date turns out to be true it has to be announced next week and put on sale that weekend. If we get into March and still no announcement that rumored date won't happen imo. It will be a later date. For shows at such big venues i think you need to announce them and sell the tickets at least 2 months prior.

Ok, I thought you meant we were already too close for an April 30 date to be announced.

If the US shows sells as well as the Mexico dates, they won't need it to be 2 months on the market. But going by normal practices, I also assume an announcement very soon if they are to add more dates in April.

Las Vegas sold about 35-40,000 tickets in a heartbeat, so that looks good for the US.

True, but Vegas is a different animal than most other US cities.  People are more inclined to fly into Vegas for a weekend and attend a show rather than Dallas or Seattle, or another city.  Not to say that other US cities won't sell well...but I think we still have to play it out a bit.

Not to mention that Vegas are the FIRST shows!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »

True, but Vegas is a different animal than most other US cities.  People are more inclined to fly into Vegas for a weekend and attend a show rather than Dallas or Seattle, or another city.  Not to say that other US cities won't sell well...but I think we still have to play it out a bit.

Yes, but it's quite an increase from the past years for GN'R.

The 2012 Vegas residency sold 25,975 out of 29,490 tickets. Going by how quickly T-Mobile Arena sold out, I think they could've added many more dates and sold them out as well.

Even if the market isn't quite as fruitful in other US cities, I think we'll see the same tendency.

Sweetness is a virtue
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »

Yes, but it's quite an increase from the past years for GN'R.

The 2012 Vegas residency sold 25,975 out of 29,490 tickets. Going by how quickly T-Mobile Arena sold out, I think they could've added many more dates and sold them out as well.

Even if the market isn't quite as fruitful in other US cities, I think we'll see the same tendency.

Of course it's an increase.  Axl and Slash together will do that.  However, if management is trying to gage tickets sales for future commitments (possibly number of shows in certain markets, or stadiums vs arena's, etc) than I think they will have a better idea after a different US City goes on sale.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2016, 05:40:52 PM »

That's why i think they'd need tickets on sale a good two months in advance at least for most US cities if in fact they're doing football stadiums. So the Dallas rumored date is getting almost at the point of too close.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #486 on: February 17, 2016, 05:42:15 PM »

Personally i am hoping for May or later for Dallas. I am already going to the Springsteen show April 5th at AAC.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #487 on: February 17, 2016, 05:43:36 PM »

I didn't see you were responding to the suggestion of an announcement after Vegas.  ok
Yep Smiley the only point i was trying to make is that we're almost too close. Not there yet but another week or so and we will be too close.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »

Productions & Marketing Companies To Conduct Surveys In Chile Recital For GNR, Options Venues:

- Club H?pico
- Movistar Arena
- National Stadium
- Atlethic Track National
- Hangars Suricato (Ex-Aerodrome Cerrillos)

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »

I listened to Todd Kearns on Trunks podcast today.( I am a Conspirators fan) As expected .. Todd didn't spill about anything, but Eddie did say that he asked Slash manager again about press and he was told there won't be anything prior to the first shows.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2016, 06:28:24 PM »

So no press conference or anything like that until after the Vegas and possibly Coachella and the Mexico shows?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2016, 06:35:30 PM »

So no press conference or anything like that until after the Vegas and possibly Coachella and the Mexico shows?

That's what it's looking like.

Eventually they are going to have to answer some questions ...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #492 on: February 18, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »

Are there usually any festival press conferences before Coachella?

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #493 on: February 18, 2016, 07:00:03 PM »

Maybe they're using this time to come up with a really cool (fake) story and answers for public consumption about how this rejoining came about.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #494 on: February 18, 2016, 07:08:20 PM »

Maybe they're using this time to come up with a really cool (fake) story and answers for public consumption about how this rejoining came about.  hihi

LOL!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #495 on: February 18, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »

That's what it's looking like.

Yep eventually they'll have to go on a late night talk show or something.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #496 on: February 19, 2016, 08:08:23 AM »

You don't need to do press to answer questions.
You can put out a press release with some quotes from the band members and that's it.... It's been done in the past.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #497 on: February 19, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »

You don't need to do press to answer questions.
You can put out a press release with some quotes from the band members and that's it.... It's been done in the past.  Smiley

/jarmo

Well I meant eventually Slash and Duff are going to do interviews again. Unless they are on gag order until the end of time.  hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #498 on: February 19, 2016, 08:24:19 AM »

Well I meant eventually Slash and Duff are going to do interviews again. Unless they are on gag order until the end of time.  hihi

For GN'R or for their other projects?
I wouldn't be surprised if they did less press for GN'R than they're used to.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #499 on: February 19, 2016, 08:49:45 AM »

For GN'R or for their other projects?
I wouldn't be surprised if they did less press for GN'R than they're used to.

/jarmo

Sure. For GNR... they don't need it to move product or tickets.

The perception is that they are under strict order not to speak to anybody regarding GNR... I am just curious if that will remain until the tour starts? after the tour? for the end of time? Guess we will have to see.

If in the future they are out pushing the Conspirators or the Hollywood Vampires... and the guy or gal inevitably asks about GNR...is the answer always going to be next question? 

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: