Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:31:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515615 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #460 on: February 16, 2016, 07:37:41 PM »

Anyone else thinking it might be getting a bit late for the Dallas show on the listed date to be announced? In comparison the shows in Vegas were announced nearly 3 months in advance in a much smaller venue then AT&T stadium. If it isn't announced this week it'll be no more then 2 months and a week in advance. That's a short amount of time to sell out a stadium that holds over 100,000 people.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #461 on: February 16, 2016, 07:42:57 PM »

Anyone else thinking it might be getting a bit late for the Dallas show on the listed date to be announced? In comparison the shows in Vegas were announced nearly 3 months in advance in a much smaller venue then AT&T stadium. If it isn't announced this week it'll be no more then 2 months and a week in advance. That's a short amount of time to sell out a stadium that holds over 100,000 people.

How many would it hold once configured for a stage?  Do you happen to know?

Who has played there?  Some country act, no doubt.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #462 on: February 16, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »

It can hold upwards of 104,000. George Strait has the record for 104,793. Beyonce is going to be playing there soon. So that could get broken. The stadium is huge! The NBA all-star game had 108,713. Obviously it depends on the stage configuration but anywhere to 104,000-108,000 isn't unlikely.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #463 on: February 16, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »

Anyone else thinking it might be getting a bit late for the Dallas show on the listed date to be announced?
None of the USA stadiums have been announced yet, right? 
Maybe it's just that Dallas isn't a venue on the front end of the tour.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #464 on: February 16, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »

Anyone else thinking it might be getting a bit late for the Dallas show on the listed date to be announced?
None of the USA stadiums have been announced yet, right? 
Maybe it's just that Dallas isn't a venue on the front end of the tour.

Could be but then i'd say April 30th won't be the date. I can't see them starting much sooner then that. Next week is the last full week of February already. I'm thinking May or June.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #465 on: February 16, 2016, 08:01:09 PM »

It can hold upwards of 104,000. George Strait has the record for 104,793. Beyonce is going to be playing there soon. So that could get broken. The stadium is huge! The NBA all-star game had 108,713. Obviously it depends on the stage configuration but anywhere to 104,000-108,000 isn't unlikely.

Many artists use a center-stage or an end-stage with the sections behind the stage open. This way you can fill all the venue seats plus the pitch.

GN'R has an end-stage setup with the sections behind closed off. In a stadium this huge, the amount of seats not used far outweighs the amount of people on the pitch.

If the seating capacity is 100,000, I can imagine a GN'R setup could hold 75-85,000 maybe.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2016, 08:04:43 PM »

Could be but then i'd say April 30th won't be the date. I can't see them starting much sooner then that. Next week is the last full week of February already. I'm thinking May or June.
I meant that it seems that, besides warm up shows, the USA/NA shows tend to be more towards the end of the tours.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #467 on: February 16, 2016, 08:06:29 PM »

Many artists use a center-stage or an end-stage with the sections behind the stage open. This way you can fill all the venue seats plus the pitch.

GN'R has an end-stage setup with the sections behind closed off. In a stadium this huge, the amount of seats not used far outweighs the amount of people on the pitch.

If the seating capacity is 100,000, I can imagine a GN'R setup could hold 75-85,000 maybe.
Its 80,000 for football but obviously that goes up with the field in use. If they have none behind the stage you'd probably make up what you lost on the field. So it would definitely be 80,000+ or so.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2016, 08:08:12 PM »

I meant that it seems that, besides warm up shows, the USA/NA shows tend to be more towards the end of the tours.

Yeah, i really think it'll end up being summer before we get the stadium tour here.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #469 on: February 17, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »

Its 80,000 for football but obviously that goes up with the field in use. If they have none behind the stage you'd probably make up what you lost on the field. So it would definitely be 80,000+ or so.

It obviously depends on the size of the venue, but I think the people on the field wouldn't quite make up for the closed off sections.

If you count the whole u-bend at the one end of the stadium as 1/4 of the total seats, that's 20,000 people.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #470 on: February 17, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »

Where does the rumor of a May 29 show in Lisbon come from?

last i heard mygnr forums...

Yeah, but the rumor was for RIR Lisbon, all headliners have been announced as far as I can see.

One thing that might suggest GN'R being in the area at the time is the fact that Duff will play RIR with Hollywood Vampires on the 27th.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2016, 02:39:31 PM »

So...it looks like we will be getting the summer NA dates all together, for the most part.  I wonder when we can expect the tour announcement.  Think they'd wait until after Vegas, or is that cutting it too close?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »

So...it looks like we will be getting the summer NA dates all together, for the most part.  I wonder when we can expect the tour announcement.  Think they'd wait until after Vegas, or is that cutting it too close?

Depends...

Will the stadium tour start in April or maybe later, like June or July?

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2016, 02:45:57 PM »

I think we are all getting antsy...

I'm trying to plan my summer extracurricular activities... but I'm holding out because I need to be around for whenever they are in my hood.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2016, 03:48:15 PM »

I'm trying to plan my summer extracurricular activities... but I'm holding out because I need to be around for whenever they are in my hood.

A lot of big name summer tours went on sale in the past couple of weeks for similar stadium venues.  I would imagine that they would want to announce this sooner than later.  But as always, who really knows?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »

If April 30th weekend in Dallas is legit that's cutting it way too close to start in April/May.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »

If April 30th weekend in Dallas is legit that's cutting it way too close to start in April/May.

Not sure, the April 20 Foro Sol date went on sale yesterday.

Sweetness is a virtue
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #477 on: February 17, 2016, 04:35:40 PM »

A lot of big name summer tours went on sale in the past couple of weeks for similar stadium venues.  I would imagine that they would want to announce this sooner than later.  But as always, who really knows?
Which makes me think we're probably looking at June and later. We're almost at the point where it is cutting it too close for such large venues.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #478 on: February 17, 2016, 04:42:29 PM »

That's still over 2 months away. I'm just saying we are getting dangerously close to the rumored Dallas date to announce it and put tickets on sale. If the date turns out to be true it has to be announced next week and put on sale that weekend. If we get into March and still no announcement that rumored date won't happen imo. It will be a later date. For shows at such big venues i think you need to announce them and sell the tickets at least 2 months prior.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #479 on: February 17, 2016, 04:49:05 PM »

That's still over 2 months away. I'm just saying we are getting dangerously close to the rumored Dallas date to announce it and put tickets on sale. If the date turns out to be true it has to be announced next week and put on sale that weekend. If we get into March and still no announcement that rumored date won't happen imo. It will be a later date. For shows at such big venues i think you need to announce them and sell the tickets at least 2 months prior.

Ok, I thought you meant we were already too close for an April 30 date to be announced.

If the US shows sells as well as the Mexico dates, they won't need it to be 2 months on the market. But going by normal practices, I also assume an announcement very soon if they are to add more dates in April.

Las Vegas sold about 35-40,000 tickets in a heartbeat, so that looks good for the US.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: