Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:35:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515933 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #400 on: February 15, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »

Why can't it be all about love of the music and love of the GNR brand itself?

Why now all of the sudden then, 20 years later?

Personally I think this wouldn't come together unless Axl and Slash started talking again and worked out their differences. They are friends again.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »

lol

I don't know what I'm talking about. Alright. That's pretty great actually.

And yes DX... what I want is everything to be cool and chill. Whatever it takes to get NEW music from the guys and re-releases of older stuff and unrealeased stuff. Whatever it takes to make it all happen ya know. Whatever is best.

What I've said in this thread recently makes a lot of sense... if all the smart ass clowns would just stay at the circus... they know who they are.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #402 on: February 15, 2016, 04:44:13 PM »

Why now all of the sudden then, 20 years later?

Personally I think this wouldn't come together unless Axl and Slash started talking again and worked out their differences. They are friends again.
We'll probably never know why after all these years this rejoining is happening.

My point is that it's probably not an all or nothing thing either.  It could be a combination of reasons...friendship/money/music/brand.  It could be the stars are properly aligned.  It could be a sign of the apocalypse.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #403 on: February 15, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »

It is probably money/time to get back together in general. I guess?

They can make a bunch of money together if they do this properly.

But don't damn me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #404 on: February 15, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »

Lord Henry Mountcharles confirms that there will be no Slane this year

Guns N' Roses, AC/DC and Coldplay fans shouldn't give up all hope, though!

http://www.hotpress.com/Slane/news/Lord-Henry-confirms-that-there-will-be-no-Slane-this-year/16884552.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #405 on: February 15, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »

Thanks! Will update..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2016, 06:44:39 PM »

Lord Henry Mountcharles confirms that there will be no Slane this year

Guns N' Roses, AC/DC and Coldplay fans shouldn't give up all hope, though!

http://www.hotpress.com/Slane/news/Lord-Henry-confirms-that-there-will-be-no-Slane-this-year/16884552.html

/jarmo

Thanks, shared this Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2016, 08:32:06 PM »

For those interested. Eddie Money said at Mygnr that Axl and Slash met a few times in recent weeks.

There were some people asking him about it and that was his answer
I just can't understand how people trully thought they hadnt met yet.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2016, 12:08:00 AM »

For those interested. Eddie Money said at Mygnr that Axl and Slash met a few times in recent weeks.

There were some people asking him about it and that was his answer
I just can't understand how people trully thought they hadnt met yet.
Would be completely ridiculous if they had not. The first show is less than a month away.
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2016, 07:40:46 AM »

With the Mexico show sold out so quick I wonder if they will do an all stadium tour in Europe like Illusions.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #410 on: February 16, 2016, 08:51:56 AM »

LoL chill out boys. I never said that is what I thought had happened. That is what I want to happen. And to be honest that would really make things great for the future. It won't happen though.

No reason for Axl to do that. They are like you said hired guns... but it is kinda lame it is viewed by people like that.

It is NOT lame. I take offense to people that think they know why the band broke up.....you were blaming Axl and saying he should apologize....you have no clue what went on but Axl has to apologize? Or, maybe, just maybe, three grown men came to the table, talked, ALL had their say and decided it was time to cash this motherfucker in!

I was just being a prick. However, I do believe 1. Axl ain't giving up the name. 2. I have no clue what their actual deal is but they will all be highly compensated if this Mothership gets off the ground. hihi

Agreed. Axl will always own the name... so in a sense whoever plays in GNR going forward will be to his choosing...

but I think all 3 are cashing in on these ticket sales pretty close to equally.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2016, 09:07:01 AM »

Personally I think they just agreed to be professional partners again, for the money and also for the fans of course. They dont need to play Frisbee at weekends as long as they respect each other on stage and honor their agreements.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #412 on: February 16, 2016, 09:09:14 AM »

Yeah technically it will be his choosing... but it shouldn't be.

If I remember... they all started Guns N' Roses as 5 dudes back in the day. The AFD is technically Guns N' Roses. Axl just threw a fucking cry child fest to get the name basically.

I do not in any way respect that he owns the name. Slash and Duff are his = in the name. Not in a legal and technical way of course, but when it comes down to it...

They are.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #413 on: February 16, 2016, 09:13:31 AM »

Yeah technically it will be his choosing... but it shouldn't be.

If I remember... they all started Guns N' Roses as 5 dudes back in the day. The AFD is technically Guns N' Roses. Axl just threw a fucking cry child fest to get the name basically.

I do not in any way respect that he owns the name. Slash and Duff are his = in the name. Not in a legal and technical way of course, but when it comes down to it...

They are.

And if the two of them were smarter, they'd still have a stake in the name.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #414 on: February 16, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »

Wrong...

They were both pretty fucked up. Numerous books and sources have stated from various places (besides Axl himself obviously) that he basically wouldn't continue or go on unless they signed.

So they in a poor mental state and with a killer drinking habit and heroin habit did it. They shouldn't of... but it wasn't because they are stupid and wanted to give it away right?

Think about that for minute. Why would they want to sign away the name to the singer? That makes 0 sense. They clearly were foced into it.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #415 on: February 16, 2016, 09:34:15 AM »

Wrong...

They were both pretty fucked up. Numerous books and sources have stated from various places (besides Axl himself obviously) that he basically wouldn't continue or go on unless they signed.

So they in a poor mental state and with a killer drinking habit and heroin habit did it. They shouldn't of... but it wasn't because they are stupid and wanted to give it away right?

Think about that for minute. Why would they want to sign away the name to the singer? That makes 0 sense. They clearly were foced into it.

Sounds like you need to believe that for your own reasons.

Which, not only doesn't have much application in the real world, it doesn't erase what happened.

They foolishly signed their rights away.  These are grown men, both who had representation.  It's a shame that's how it went down, but it's hard to pity them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2016, 09:38:30 AM »

Wrong...

Come clean... you can't expect anybody to argue with you about this stuff anymore right?  You are having a laugh?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #417 on: February 16, 2016, 09:43:14 AM »

LoL...

Just annoying that this is all Axl's call because he was a child about it 20+ years ago. That's all lol

It doesn't really matter though.

But don't damn me
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #418 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:52 AM »

Wrong...

Wrong.

Why is it wrong? Because the legal system wouldn't actually work that way, or allow that to happen...and the actual dates and times of contract modification refute it.

If you still believe the "I'm not going on stage unless you give me the rights the the name" story...well, that's 100% on you. It's totally, 100%, demonstrable fiction.  And we've hashed and rehashed why that is ad nauseum in recent years.  You can LOOK AT THE CONTRACT that has been publicaly posted in other places, and the dates it was modified on.  It. Could. Not. Have. Happened.

Also, when executing any type of contract modification, there is a cooling off period that allows the parties to rescind their signatures if they are having second thoughts.  Guess what? Slash and Duff did not back out. It's at least 72 hours, but can be as long as 30 days.

In addition, in the above fictitious scenario...Slash and Duff would have been acting under duress.  All they would have to do is take it to court and it would be overturned in a heartbeat. Note that never happened.  They signed the documents WELL after the "show in question" took place, and they never contested it, or said they were pressured into signing the documents.

They made a bad business decision...thinking (incorrectly) that there was no way that they would ever dissolve the partnership/"fire" Axl/satisfy the terms which would lead to Axl getting the name.  They were wrong. It's that simple.  And then stories were told, scenarios were spun, and justification was invented to try to save face.  Or, maybe they were so screwed up, that's the way they remember it...which is fine, but not right.

If you choose to believe otherwise..that's fine.  And I'm not going to argue the issue any further...but there are reasons why people think you're living in a fantasy world right now. There are DEMONSTRABLE, FACTUAL, ACTUAL things that refute that scenario as not only being plausible, but being at all possible.  You should probably at least know why, if you didn't already.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2016, 09:54:06 AM »

All well said, pilferk.

Thorned Rose is hardly the first one to lean on some fiction, coupled with some sort of vague "that's not how it should be" type rationale to explain away how it all went to hell.

But you make that argument NOW??  Both guys are back and happy days are here again.

Who gives a shit what happened in 1995?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: