Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515861 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2016, 10:47:06 AM »

what color is your Sky? You do realize that they are VERY likely contracted employees right now.... too funny.

Hahahaha

I have to agree.  

I'm sure they have much sweeter deals than that last crop of revolving door guys, but I'd be shocked to hear they are not, at base level, hired hands.  Albeit with a bit more say (as in, more than zero) that the last batch of guys had.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2016, 10:56:50 AM »

LoL chill out boys. I never said that is what I thought had happened. That is what I want to happen. And to be honest that would really make things great for the future. It won't happen though.

No reason for Axl to do that. They are like you said hired guns... but it is kinda lame it is viewed by people like that.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2016, 11:46:45 AM »

I never gave a shit like some did about these guy's feelings, or how it was important to me that they mended their friendship.  I don't know these people.

I only care in so much that while I assume this is driven largely by money, you do hope there is at least some aspect of fun to this whole thing.  I don't think any of us want to see any of them up there with no interaction and all but rolling their eyes at it all.  Like they can't believe they are doing this.

If they are spending some time together beforehand, I think that's a positive.

Yeah I agree, I think the live experience for us will be different if you look at the two possible situations:

- Axl and Slash are friendly with each other again. They interact more on stage, they think it's fun to play the songs and have a good time. It will bring out the best performance they can give.

- Axl and Slash really aren't friends again but are doing this for the money. They go through the motions on stage, but there's no real chemistry to be observed.

To me, it matters if they are friends again or not.

I dont belive in nr.2. That would be a tragedy...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2016, 12:24:29 PM »

Yeah I agree, I think the live experience for us will be different if you look at the two possible situations:

- Axl and Slash are friendly with each other again. They interact more on stage, they think it's fun to play the songs and have a good time. It will bring out the best performance they can give.

- Axl and Slash really aren't friends again but are doing this for the money. They go through the motions on stage, but there's no real chemistry to be observed.

To me, it matters if they are friends again or not.

I dont belive in nr.2. That would be a tragedy...
There's a famous quote that I've always attributed to Groucho Marx that Axl himself has paraphrased during shows:  The secret of success is sincerity. Fake that and you?re in.

They're entertainers.  I'm sure by now they've mastered the art of faking sincerity of being friends with people they actually dislike.  It's part of the business.  This rejoining scenario is probably no different.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »

LoL chill out boys. I never said that is what I thought had happened. That is what I want to happen. And to be honest that would really make things great for the future. It won't happen though.

No reason for Axl to do that. They are like you said hired guns... but it is kinda lame it is viewed by people like that.

It is NOT lame. I take offense to people that think they know why the band broke up.....you were blaming Axl and saying he should apologize....you have no clue what went on but Axl has to apologize? Or, maybe, just maybe, three grown men came to the table, talked, ALL had their say and decided it was time to cash this motherfucker in!

I was just being a prick. However, I do believe 1. Axl ain't giving up the name. 2. I have no clue what their actual deal is but they will all be highly compensated if this Mothership gets off the ground. hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2016, 12:51:09 PM »

Yeah it is LAME as fuck that people view Slash and Duff back in the band as "hired guns"

You're fucking nuts if you think that isn't right.

They clearly made Gn'R what it is.

But don't damn me
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2016, 01:03:15 PM »

Izzy and Axl had no say in what Gnr is? Really? The guys who started the band and wrote the songs....again...what color is your sky?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2016, 01:22:20 PM »

They're entertainers.  I'm sure by now they've mastered the art of faking sincerity of being friends with people they actually dislike.  It's part of the business.  This rejoining scenario is probably no different.

If that's the case, this whole thing is all about the money.

Since there's no real money in releasing music, I guess we can kiss the possibility of Axl/Slash/Duff songs goodbye as well.

A bit sad really.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »

I think we get a few new songs.....if you are going to go big, go the whole way.  Shocked

right? I am sure they know that....

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2016, 02:18:45 PM »

Yeah it is LAME as fuck that people view Slash and Duff back in the band as "hired guns"

It's more that we know how Axl is.

If you think there is a high probability that he ruled it all water under the bridge and brought them all back as equal partners, well...I don't share that view.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »

what color is your Sky? You do realize that they are VERY likely contracted employees right now.... too funny.

Hahahaha

I have to agree.  

I'm sure they have much sweeter deals than that last crop of revolving door guys, but I'd be shocked to hear they are not, at base level, hired hands.  Albeit with a bit more say (as in, more than zero) that the last batch of guys had.

If not for the obvious gag order(s), I might disagree.  Or maybe it's more that they understand how fragile this whole thing is, and they're nervous they may say something may be taken the wrong way by the powers that be.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:22:53 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2016, 02:42:33 PM »

Izzy and Axl had no say in what Gnr is? Really? The guys who started the band and wrote the songs....again...what color is your sky?

Dude you need to learn what context is. Your take what I say out of context a lot. It's pretty annoying.

Slash and Duff not alone of course not. Axl and Izzy had a massive part in that idiot.

Your sky? What?

Viewing Slash and Duff as hired guns is stupid. Period. They were a large part of what Guns was and is.

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »

It's more that we know how Axl is.

If you think there is a high probability that he ruled it all water under the bridge and brought them all back as equal partners, well...I don't share that view.

No no no no no.

I don't think that is waht happened. That is what I WANT and waht should happen.

Omg fuck people

But don't damn me
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2016, 02:56:29 PM »

Hahahaha

I have to agree.  

If not for the obvious gag order(s), I might disagree.  Or maybe it's more that they understand how fragile this whole thing is, and they're nervous they may say something may be taken the wrong way by the powers that be.

The entire operation may be precarious, no harm in taking precautions IMO- and the shows are selling out, so all is well.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »

No no no no no.

I don't think that is waht happened. That is what I WANT and waht should happen.

Omg fuck people

Very well, I'll amend.

What you want is a god damn fantasy where we all live in gumdrop houses on lollipop lane and you need to wake the hell up to the reality we all live in with this guy and how he operates.

Better?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: February 15, 2016, 03:10:14 PM »

Hahahaha

I have to agree.  

The entire operation may be precarious, no harm in taking precautions IMO- and the shows are selling out, so all is well.

And I would agree.  I just find it odd that (other than maybe Led Zep) they're about to embark on the most wanted reunion in rock history and NO ONE has anything to say about it.  Undecided
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #396 on: February 15, 2016, 03:18:24 PM »

What is there to say at this point? The shows are selling out. I would rather them be quiet, rehearse, and do an amazing show. As former NY Giants head coach, Tom Coughlin, would say: "Talk is cheap. Play the game".
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #397 on: February 15, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »

Dude you need to learn what context is. Your take what I say out of context a lot. It's pretty annoying.

Slash and Duff not alone of course not. Axl and Izzy had a massive part in that idiot.

Your sky? What?

Viewing Slash and Duff as hired guns is stupid. Period. They were a large part of what Guns was and is.

I never said I viewed them as hired Guns...just busting your balls.

You don't really know what the fuck you are talking about. It's pretty annoying. Last I checked, 1991 was 25 years ago....been there and done that.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2016, 04:20:54 PM »

No no no no no.

Omg fuck people

Very well, I'll amend.

What you want is a god damn fantasy where we all live in gumdrop houses on lollipop lane and you need to wake the hell up to the reality we all live in with this guy and how he operates.

Better?

Dx and i don't often agree...but when we do...i buy shots of patron.

Shots all around.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #399 on: February 15, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »

If that's the case, this whole thing is all about the money.

Since there's no real money in releasing music, I guess we can kiss the possibility of Axl/Slash/Duff songs goodbye as well.

A bit sad really.
Totally disagree.  Even if they all hate each other, it doesn't necessarily mean the rejoining is all about the money.

Why can't it be all about love of the music and love of the GNR brand itself?

Every day people all over the world put their personal differences aside to work toward a common goal.

New GNR music can very well be that common goal behind this rejoining ...... and the money!!!  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: