Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515826 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »

Nashvegas would be sweet.....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: February 13, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »

Hot off the press from one of my facebook friends http://www.wlup.com/2016/02/11/report-guns-n-roses-to-play-2-dates-at-soldier-field-over-4th-of-july-weekend/

GN'R at Soldier Field July 2 & 3?
Annie
« Reply #362 on: February 13, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »

Hot off the press from one of my facebook friends http://www.wlup.com/2016/02/11/report-guns-n-roses-to-play-2-dates-at-soldier-field-over-4th-of-july-weekend/

I hope so! Does anybody have any idea about ticket prices for these shows?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »

On one hand you have the Vegas shows as reference, on another you have the Mexico shows.

It will probably be something in-between, close to what was suggested in Billboard, with tickets prices topping out in the $250-$275 range.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Annie
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »

On one hand you have the Vegas shows as reference, on another you have the Mexico shows.

It will probably be something in-between, close to what was suggested in Billboard, with tickets prices topping out in the $250-$275 range.

Thanks I'm going to try and get tix for some of the doctors I work with so I wanted to give them an estimate. Not going to go crazy with VIP on these shows since it's a stadium and not an arena. And we are all too old for GA. hihi How much were the Mexico shows?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »

Thanks I'm going to try and get tix for some of the doctors I work with so I wanted to give them an estimate. Not going to go crazy with VIP on these shows since it's a stadium and not an arena. And we are all too old for GA. hihi How much were the Mexico shows?

I don't have any real info on this, it was just my assumption..

For Mexico I believe the most expensive tickets were US $150.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »

Thanks! Just looking for an estimate. So lower level seats will probably be in the $300 range.
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2016, 10:56:57 PM »

For Mexico I believe the most expensive tickets were US $150.

That's right, the most expensive ticket is $ 153 USD at current exchange rates,
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2016, 11:08:52 PM »

In the span of one headline and a single, 5-sentence paragraph, they mention the band's name 4 times, and spell it differently each time:

Guns N' Roses
Guns in Roses
Guns 'N' Roses
Guns 'n' Roses
Princess Leia
« Reply #369 on: February 15, 2016, 04:25:55 AM »

For those interested. Eddie Money said at Mygnr that Axl and Slash met a few times in recent weeks.

There were some people asking him about it and that was his answer
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #370 on: February 15, 2016, 09:04:51 AM »

For those interested. Eddie Money said at Mygnr that Axl and Slash met a few times in recent weeks.

There were some people asking him about it and that was his answer

Very encouraging, if accurate.  I like it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #371 on: February 15, 2016, 09:42:01 AM »

There seems to be this thought there is radio silence because people are scared that somebody will say something that will set something or someone off.

There is no way to know how sturdy or genuine the relationship is ... My fingers are crossed that everything goes smoothly all summer and GNR involves Slash and duff until they all hang em up.

So if no press = all things go well .. It might not be my preference for now ... But I'm all for it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #372 on: February 15, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »

I never gave a shit like some did about these guy's feelings, or how it was important to me that they mended their friendship.  I don't know these people.

I only care in so much that while I assume this is driven largely by money, you do hope there is at least some aspect of fun to this whole thing.  I don't think any of us want to see any of them up there with no interaction and all but rolling their eyes at it all.  Like they can't believe they are doing this.

If they are spending some time together beforehand, I think that's a positive.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #373 on: February 15, 2016, 10:24:03 AM »

I never gave a shit like some did about these guy's feelings, or how it was important to me that they mended their friendship.  I don't know these people.

I only care in so much that while I assume this is driven largely by money, you do hope there is at least some aspect of fun to this whole thing.  I don't think any of us want to see any of them up there with no interaction and all but rolling their eyes at it all.  Like they can't believe they are doing this.

If they are spending some time together beforehand, I think that's a positive.

Yeah I agree, I think the live experience for us will be different if you look at the two possible situations:

- Axl and Slash are friendly with each other again. They interact more on stage, they think it's fun to play the songs and have a good time. It will bring out the best performance they can give.

- Axl and Slash really aren't friends again but are doing this for the money. They go through the motions on stage, but there's no real chemistry to be observed.

To me, it matters if they are friends again or not.

Sweetness is a virtue
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #374 on: February 15, 2016, 10:30:26 AM »

Personally I want UYI tour all over again!!!

Not in the frequency of course no one could ever top that tour, but I mean in the songs and the feel. They weren't really cool with eachother then and tolerated eachother mostly. The shows were mostly good when Axl came out on time. THe chemistry was still there though.

So it is kinda like a in between. I'd take that.

Personally I would love for them to be friends and hang out and release older stuff... Axl give Duff and Slash a minority in the name again.. say I'm sorry for being a dick about forcing them out. etc...

That would be a huge huge brige for them all to cross. Imagine that. Axl meets with those 2 dudes in private and says look man... I'm sorry I kept fucking around with Huge and other things back then. I'm sorry I forced you guys to sign that stupid shit. I'll retain 51% and you and Duff are more than welcome to the other 49%. I'll keep most control but you guys will have a say. I'm sorry brothers.

They hug, talk it out. Life is good. I think that would really really make a massive difference.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #375 on: February 15, 2016, 10:30:44 AM »

But why?

If we got great shows out of it, it would really detract from the experience if you found out later that the only time they spend together is onstage?

To me, the performance is everything.  So long as you give the fans a top notch show, what you do or don't do in your time offstage will not affect anything, in my view.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #376 on: February 15, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »

But why?

Because of the reason I gave.

I think them being friends again will have influence on how they perform on stage.

Sweetness is a virtue
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2016, 10:43:11 AM »

Not in the frequency of course no one could ever top that tour, but I mean in the songs and the feel. They weren't really cool with eachother then and tolerated eachother mostly. The shows were mostly good when Axl came out on time. THe chemistry was still there though.

Personally I would love for them to be friends and hang out and release older stuff... Axl give Duff and Slash a minority in the name again.. say I'm sorry for being a dick about forcing them out. etc...

That would be a huge huge brige for them all to cross. Imagine that. Axl meets with those 2 dudes in private and says look man... I'm sorry I kept fucking around with Huge and other things back then. I'm sorry I forced you guys to sign that stupid shit. I'll retain 51% and you and Duff are more than welcome to the other 49%. I'll keep most control but you guys will have a say. I'm sorry brothers.

They hug, talk it out. Life is good. I think that would really really make a massive difference.

what color is your Sky? You do realize that they are VERY likely contracted employees right now.... too funny.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2016, 10:44:13 AM »

I get what spirit is saying. I hope are friends too... it will just make it all so much better.

Personally as long as I get a UYI era type performance I'm happy.

good vocals, killer guitar.

I would love some sort of Skin N' Bones like set. Hell anything would be great. I'd almost take a average show just to see them.

Getting Axl and Slash together is the true "feel" or essence of the band on the surface. they are much more than that, but Axl is a very very good and very very unique frontman. His style is unprecedented. Slash's look and vibe is also unique. Neither of them are quite what they were in 1993... but who is 20+ years later?

As long as the show is "good" I'll be thrilled.

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2016, 10:46:18 AM »

what color is your Sky? You do realize that they are VERY likely contracted employees right now.... too funny.

Oh it is blue.

I know what is going on, but I'm just saying that would be great right? It would bury a lot of BS, and give them back something they never should of signed over.

I know they are technically "hired guns" just like Matt, Gilby and everyone else has been. He owns the name. Anyone in the band after him is a "hired gun".

Which is pretty fucking sad to be honest. I don't view it that way in a technical term.

I look at it as the "real band" is back.

But don't damn me
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: