Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 486009 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2016, 07:18:50 PM »

If it is Guns at Reading/Leeds festival, I'll find it difficult, as day tickets aren't going on sale for a while yet, and there's no chance in hell I'd spend a moment more at that god awful festival than strictly necessary, let alone a whole weekend! A truly dire event these days- and used to be one of the best.

I share your sentiments! Also I reckon I'm about 4 decades older than their target demographic these days.  Embarrassed

If it's any kind of indication to those not in the know just how truly shit the Leeds festival is, I live in Leeds and love Guns and still wouldn't go see them there. In fact there are very few places I wouldn't rather see them, even if it meant a few hours travel.

I had a quick look on the efestivals Reading forum- pretty much everyone posting there seems to hate GNR, with lots of people saying they might even sell their ticket if they got announced! I guess the organisers must be at least a little bit aware of what their demographic think of certain bands and take that into consideration when booking acts. Given all of that, they'd probably be better off at another UK festival, or doing their own show somewhere.

I've seen the same on many occasions through the years with GN'R but, when the festival comes around, you see a packed crowd where 99% of the people have a good time.

First time they did Leeds- fantastic. Loved it so much.
Second time they did Leeds- the crowd were as flat as can be.

I blame a lot of that on the huge change in the type of people that go to that event now really. Festivals largely consist of piss-poor crowds in my view these days. They don't seem to attract genuine music fans much anymore. I really think they'd be better off doing their own shows in the UK. Atmosphere would be miles better.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »

Just seen a copy of the Metro newspaper, out today in the UK. They have the Reading announcement in it - it's Foals and Disclosure double headlining.

Which of course leaves one more day to be announced. The wait continues on this one then.......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »

When's the next one? About a month?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2016, 07:43:11 PM »

Last year the headliners were announced in November of the previous year, at the beginning of February and at the end of February. I'd say about another month then for the last one yeah.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »

Thanks for the exclusive!

Foals and Disclosure was nearly confirmed already right? So, no big surprise there.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2016, 09:05:37 PM »

Haha! No worries! Yeah they were strongly rumored anyway.

Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2016, 08:08:32 AM »

If it is Guns at Reading/Leeds festival, I'll find it difficult, as day tickets aren't going on sale for a while yet, and there's no chance in hell I'd spend a moment more at that god awful festival than strictly necessary, let alone a whole weekend! A truly dire event these days- and used to be one of the best.

I share your sentiments! Also I reckon I'm about 4 decades older than their target demographic these days.  Embarrassed

If it's any kind of indication to those not in the know just how truly shit the Leeds festival is, I live in Leeds and love Guns and still wouldn't go see them there. In fact there are very few places I wouldn't rather see them, even if it meant a few hours travel.

I had a quick look on the efestivals Reading forum- pretty much everyone posting there seems to hate GNR, with lots of people saying they might even sell their ticket if they got announced! I guess the organisers must be at least a little bit aware of what their demographic think of certain bands and take that into consideration when booking acts. Given all of that, they'd probably be better off at another UK festival, or doing their own show somewhere.

I've seen the same on many occasions through the years with GN'R but, when the festival comes around, you see a packed crowd where 99% of the people have a good time.

First time they did Leeds- fantastic. Loved it so much.
Second time they did Leeds- the crowd were as flat as can be.

I blame a lot of that on the huge change in the type of people that go to that event now really. Festivals largely consist of piss-poor crowds in my view these days. They don't seem to attract genuine music fans much anymore. I really think they'd be better off doing their own shows in the UK. Atmosphere would be miles better.

I was at Reading in 2010 and I agree with your assessment of the crowd. There were so many jerks there that night. I hope GNR don't play there again.

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
14.2.2017 - MCG, Melbourne
3.12.2022 - MCG, Melbourne
17.9.2023 - Atlant
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »

Muse, Foo Fighters, Guns N' Roses favourites for final Reading and Leeds headline slot

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/91054#Vh9xciSVPfHyyzor.99

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2016, 04:48:10 PM »

Muse, Foo Fighters, Guns N' Roses favourites for final Reading and Leeds headline slot

Is any betting shop taking bets? Nowadays you can bet on anything so why not about this peace

(For those who don't know maximum bets in these are kept small and any insider couldn't cash in but it's good fun for the others.)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2016, 05:12:47 PM »

Is any betting shop taking bets? Nowadays you can bet on anything so why not about this peace

(For those who don't know maximum bets in these are kept small and any insider couldn't cash in but it's good fun for the others.)

It's in the link.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2016, 08:20:56 PM »

It's in the link.

My bad Angry

I thought the info I needed as such was already given in the headline. I should've known better to click because of the wording rant
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2016, 04:21:32 PM »

Don't know if it's credible, but the Hellfest Facebook account posted that GN'R won't be playing Europe in 2016...

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2016, 04:31:14 PM »

Don't know if it's credible, but the Hellfest Facebook account posted that GN'R won't be playing Europe in 2016...

AEG in the UK had an offer in place as of a couple of weeks ago. No mention of the above.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »

AEG in the UK had an offer in place as of a couple of weeks ago. No mention of the above.

Could be based on old information then. Hellfest have already announced their headliners, right? So, they might not have stayed updated on the different bands' touring situations.

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2016, 04:44:18 PM »

Could be based on old information then. Hellfest have already announced their headliners, right? So, they might not have stayed updated on the different bands' touring situations.

I am not sure, but I think Hellfest is more linked to Livenation than AEG, so I cannot see how they would know anything
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »

I am not sure, but I think Hellfest is more linked to Livenation than AEG, so I cannot see how they would know anything

Not sure how the promoter situation are to be internationally, but Billboard has previously reported that both Live Nation and AEG are to have shows (in the US I assume, being Billboard).

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2016, 04:53:38 PM »

Not sure how the promoter situation are to be internationally, but Billboard has previously reported that both Live Nation and AEG are to have shows (in the US I assume, being Billboard).

AEG and GNR are a thang. http://www.aeglive.com/artists/view/104253/guns-n-roses

Livenation will probably only feature where it is a necessity on a stadia basis, I would think
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »

Yeah, check the article I posted just now.

Seems to be a collaboration for stadiums.

For Europe, AEG doesn't have venues for all countries do they?

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2016, 05:03:09 PM »

No.

Lots of facilities in Sweden and the US, some in Germany, Brazil, China and the UK. Others in Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Turkey, and Belguim.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2016, 05:04:41 PM »

No.

Lots of facilities in Sweden and the US, some in Germany, Brazil, China and the UK. Others in Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Turkey, and Belguim.

Not sure how it works, but I figure Live Nation probably will be involved if they're to play say Norway.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: