Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:08:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 487116 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »

Yeah, I wrote Boston although the rumor said Foxborough, and the only venue I found to be there was Gillette Stadium.

Eddie Money over at mygnr suggested that the North American tour could run as far as mid-September, with dates mainly in the weekends.

Yeah, Gillette would be the odds of favorite for a "Boston stadium show"..even though it's like 40 min-ish away from the city (and in the middle of nowhere).

And the "mostly weekends" thing is genius.  It's something I've said most bands should consider, in the past.  It REALLY does provide a decent attendance boost.  I know why some bands don't want to do it (the cost of keeping the crew on the road, without a show to offset the costs)... but, especially for a big stadium tour like is being rumored, I suspect the additional bodies in the stadium would offset the costs.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »

That would be awesome.

On a weekend, I don't care when they go on.  Still think its ridiculous going onstage at 11PM or some shit, but a lot easier to deal when you don't have to be at work like 6 hours after the concert ends.

See, I'd be totally OK with an 11 PM start time (so long as the advertised on stage for them was, say 10 PM) because, lets face it...there's going to be PLENTY of "pregaming" before the show. Wink

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2016, 02:32:04 PM »

See, I'd be totally OK with an 11 PM start time (so long as the advertised on stage for them was, say 10 PM) because, lets face it...there's going to be PLENTY of "pregaming" before the show. Wink

On like, a Tuesday though? 

I'm very fortunate to live very close to the arena/stadium complex here in Philly.  So if I bolt right after the encore, once I'm out of the lot, I'm home in 15 minutes.

But not everyone is that lucky.

So if you are going on at 11, finishing up around 2, and then you have like an hour to still get home?  With work the next morning?  Tall order.

My beef has always been that no other band asks their fans to do that.  And "if you don't like it, stay home" is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »

On like, a Tuesday though? 

I'm very fortunate to live very close to the arena/stadium complex here in Philly.  So if I bolt right after the encore, once I'm out of the lot, I'm home in 15 minutes.

But not everyone is that lucky.

So if you are going on at 11, finishing up around 2, and then you have like an hour to still get home?  With work the next morning?  Tall order.

My beef has always been that no other band asks their fans to do that.  And "if you don't like it, stay home" is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

I have, of every time I've seen GnR (and that's a whole lotta times from '88 to now) ONLY gone to work ONCE day after show (interestingly enough, the morning after the Foxboro show in '92...and I live 2 hours away and had to open the store I was working at for 6 AM).  I take the days off.  So...yeah to both, really.

Now, is everybody going to want (or be able to) do that? Probably not.  But I think that's true of any show ending after 11 PM, really.  So...in for a penny, in for a pound.

Thus why I applaud if the rumor of "mostly weekends" turns out to be true.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:00:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »

Just go on stage at 9:30 or so. How hard is that?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2016, 03:06:15 PM »

That's really not the discussion we're having...and the "why can't they be on time" or "why can't they go on earlier" is such a dead horse topic, and has been done to death for so long...I've no interest in rehashing it.

Maybe you'll find other takers, though...

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »

Like every other major band?  Who the fuck knows, but its obviously not something that's going to happen.

But if going on super late is just a dealbreaker and something that MUST happen, this weekend theory is a nice compromise, really.

Be interested to see just when they do take the stage.  Slash made it VERY clear in his book late starts were no god damn good. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2016, 03:29:31 PM »

Like every other major band?  Who the fuck knows, but its obviously not something that's going to happen.

But if going on super late is just a dealbreaker and something that MUST happen, this weekend theory is a nice compromise, really.

Be interested to see just when they do take the stage.  Slash made it VERY clear in his book late starts were no god damn good. 

He sure did.  Even when he was questioned a couple years back about how he felt about Duff playing with Axl again, he made it a point to say that they went on late, and that would have put a bad taste in his mouth.

However, if these alleged large-scale weekend shows are part of the deal, it might make going on around 10-11 seem less insane to these guys.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »

What has been the norm in the later years? Like 10-10:30?

Since there has been improvement over the past years, I think chances are good they'll keep that up.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2016, 03:41:54 PM »

What has been the norm in the later years? Like 10-10:30?

Since there has been improvement over the past years, I think chances are good they'll keep that up.

I think 10 sounds about right for the last few years....Though it was 11:45 PM when they went on during the Chicago UCAP show in '12.  I honestly don't think there's a set time standard though. 

I will say that, as a GNR fans who understands Axl's nocturnal nature, that's it's never bothered me that much.  You figure if he's waking up in the late afternoon/early evening, he's got a shit load to do be able to do what he does onstage.

I'm 30 now, but the first time I saw GNR was in 02, when I was a 17 year old kid with school the next morning. And that was Catholic high school with a 7:45 start.   hihi
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2016, 03:51:21 PM »

At this point in their careers i wouldn't get too caught up in start time because who knows how many more tours this version of gnr or any other version of gnr have left so if they went on at 1am i would be fine with that because this has been my fav band for over 20 years iv been fortunate enough to see them 3 times and any opportunity i get to see them ill take.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »

Should do what I do when we need to be somewhere, for an 8pm start (we are no more the 30 minutes from anywhere I say its a 7pm start, so Mrs Wight Gunner decides thats the time we leave.... Wink Tell Axl its a 7pm start should be good to go at 9pm  Tongue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »

You guys think we'll see the next announcement this week?

I think they will go through with the general sale of Mexico City, then announce the next date(s). Maybe a single second Mexico show first, then the US shows at a later time (sometime this month maybe).

Beyonce announced her full US stadium tour yesterday. That might give us some indication to when we can expect GN'R to move forward.

Sweetness is a virtue
sandman
Legend

« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »

I think they announce another show or 2 later this week, then the full tour announced next tuesday. Just a guess based on rumors of various dates.

Weekends only would be smart. Metallica did that on summer sanitarium in 2003, and it worked out really well. They played every fri, sat, and sun for 6 or 7 straight weeks (might have been one or two exceptions). It was great knowing your hometown show was definitely going to be on a weekend. And 4 of my friends went to a second show the following week in DC after seeing the philly show. Again, being on a weekend made that possible for them.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2016, 09:41:55 PM »

I think they announce another show or 2 later this week, then the full tour announced next tuesday. Just a guess based on rumors of various dates.

Yeah, there was a mention of an option for a second show in Mexico City, but maybe that turns out to be the rumored Monterrey show

Either that or maybe both.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »

We all work in different countries and the rumour has it you don't really have paid time off in the US confused

I couldn't care less what day a show is on. True, Saturday night is of course the best as you can start drinking on Friday afternoon and get ready for the show beer

Also, so many people nowadays work at weekends as well then having regular weekdays off. But if you really need to think about missing a show because of work simply get a better job. Or learn to stay awake a bit. Or be a little tired at work. Or take a sick day but then that's unpaid again?

But missing a show because the boss says so, guys, really?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2016, 03:12:27 PM »

But if you really need to think about missing a show because of work simply get a better job. Or learn to stay awake a bit. Or be a little tired at work. Or take a sick day but then that's unpaid again?

But missing a show because the boss says so, guys, really?

This is 100% backwards.

People can't miss work BECAUSE its not a shit job.  These are real world, big boy jobs most of us have at this stage of our life.

When we were in high school or college, and working at the fast food/restaurant/golf course...who cared?  We were dumb kids that were going to that show, hell or high water.  Fucking fire us if you have to.  Not like this is going to be our life's work, this job we took for beer and weed money.

But we aren't kids anymore.  This is real life.  Odds are, you tell the boss you can't show up the next day because you have to totally rock out, dude...that's not going to be a good look.

And once again, please tell me what other major band asks fans to risk LOSING THEIR JOB because they can't get their asses on stage at a reasonable hour?  Who?  Who is that other major band?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2016, 03:15:05 PM »

Let's not dwell on the late thing even before the tour has started...

I think chances are good this won't be a problem this time around.

Sweetness is a virtue
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2016, 03:18:28 PM »

LoL I was just saying going on at 9 or 9:30 seems pretty reasonable right?

I don't get why its this mythical thing. Regardless of when they go on I'll be happy to be there.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2016, 03:20:55 PM »

LoL I was just saying going on at 9 or 9:30 seems pretty reasonable right?

9 or 9:30 would be a miracle.  10 is probably best case scenario.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: