Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:06:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 486449 times)
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2016, 09:38:42 PM »

For the love of God, where did the Chicago July 4 date rumor come from?  That's where I live!

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2016, 10:24:16 PM »

Has there been any other mention about dates at Giants (MetLife) Stadium? I know that it was stated they were working on a date when the news broke out that they would reunite. I'm just wondering if anything else has been stated.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »

For the love of God, where did the Chicago July 4 date rumor come from?  That's where I live!

Was wondering that myself. Spirit?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2016, 10:54:44 PM »

Eddie Money.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2016, 10:59:29 PM »

Eddie Money.

Thanks, just saw the post.  Two shows at Soldier Field.  Holy crap that's ambitious.  Obviously awesome if true!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2016, 10:29:52 AM »

Anyone else figure Axl pulled out from JKL because there really weren't any need for promotion at that time. Coachella had probably sold out 75% already during the summer sale. When the remaining tickets were released in the beginning of the year, history tells us these will sell out no matter what.

Knowing Axl, he would probably rather save his public appearances until it really matters, it didn't at that time.

With stadium dates supposedly coming up, and should be believe sources, the North American tour could stretch as far as mid-September, I figure there will be a major nationwide PR-campaign to go with it. An Axl appearance at a talkshow makes way more sense once such a big tour gets announced. To boost it even more, maybe a Axl/Duff/Slash appearance would do the trick.

Looking at some rumored dates, we are talking about stadiums, some places with an option for 2nd nights in said stadiums, we're talking about an amount in the vicinity of 100,000+ tickets in one city. The power of reuniting the key players of GN'R is great, but I think they'll need some serious promotion to back this up. It will be very interesting and exciting to see what unfolds next.

For us, the real upside to this (promotion) is the good possibility of many new interviews with the guys and Axl in particular. We will buy tickets no matter what.

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »

Makes sense, Spirit. But also it could be that some things weren't ready to be announced yet at that time.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2016, 10:41:41 AM »

Makes sense, Spirit. But also it could be that some things weren't ready to be announced yet at that time.

Yes, there's the thing about the line-up.

Personally, I think they are pushing the fact that Axl, Slash and Duff are back together because this will sell the most tickets. I think the rest of the line-up is solidified, and has been from even before the initial announcement.

No offense to Richard, Chris, Frank and Dizzy, but if there lies an uncertainty in the air as to who completes the line-up, people thinking there might be a chance the likes of Izzy is also on board, it will also sell more tickets. I think the whole thing has been thoroughly thought out to gain the most curiosity out of people.

If Axl showed up on Kimmel, denying to answer questions about the line-up, it would be awkward.

The question then is, once the whole tour is announced, will they still wait to give the complete line-up officially? If interviews are to be scheduled, I think all must be revealed. But, seeing Axl, Slash and Duff together on the same couch, that'll sell out the stadium right there and then. Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »

Yes, there's the thing about the line-up.

Personally, I think they are pushing the fact that Axl, Slash and Duff are back together because this will sell the most tickets. I think the rest of the line-up is solidified, and has been from even before the initial announcement.

No offense to Richard, Chris, Frank and Dizzy, but if there lies an uncertainty in the air as to who completes the line-up, people thinking there might be a chance the likes of Izzy is also on board, it will also sell more tickets. I think the whole thing has been thoroughly thought out to gain the most curiosity out of people.

If Axl showed up on Kimmel, denying to answer questions about the line-up, it would be awkward.

The question then is, once the whole tour is announced, will they still wait to give the complete line-up officially? If interviews are to be scheduled, I think all must be revealed. But, seeing Axl, Slash and Duff together on the same couch, that'll sell out the stadium right there and then. Smiley

Even for a reunited GNR, if they're planning something as ambitious as a full on multi-date stadium tour, PR/marketing/interviews are a must.  Which has me super curious as to how and where it will happen.  I guess simply doing live appearances could replace interviews, should Axl just not want to answer questions regarding how he was able to get past his issues with Slash.
Annie
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »

Damn that's my weekend to work, and it will be very hard to find a switch!
 crying
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2016, 01:05:51 PM »

crying

If the rumor comes through, I can imagine there will be shows around that weekend (+- some days) that isn't too far from Chicago.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2016, 01:14:13 PM »

One new rumored date added. Thanks again to Eddie.

Sweetness is a virtue
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2016, 02:09:52 PM »

crying
Time to quit that job!

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »

Eddie Money is posting about Midwest U.S. and Canada shows in July. I don?t see them touring both North America and Europe in the same month

I never put much stock in the Euro dates based on all the original rumors of a 25 date Stadium Tour of the US which I would guess is going to take a month an a half to 2 months at least, and when getting to the North East US would make much more sense being in late June-July than in May where weather can be much more hit or miss.

BUT it wouldn't be that hard to bounce back and forth because a lot of these shows in Europe are festivals, so they would't have to worry about shipping over a full stage setup... and potentially allows them to stretch out the US dates with quick hops to Europe in-between. We'll see though when GnR officially announces something.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2016, 02:21:34 PM »

Eddie Money is posting about Midwest U.S. and Canada shows in July. I don?t see them touring both North America and Europe in the same month

I never put much stock in the Euro dates based on all the original rumors of a 25 date Stadium Tour of the US which I would guess is going to take a month an a half to 2 months at least, and when getting to the North East US would make much more sense being in late June-July than in May where weather can be much more hit or miss.

BUT it wouldn't be that hard to bounce back and forth because a lot of these shows in Europe are festivals, so they would't have to worry about shipping over a full stage setup... and potentially allows them to stretch out the US dates with quick hops to Europe in-between. We'll see though when GnR officially announces something.

Yeah, the overlapping of rumored dates we're now seeing makes it look like some sources are less credible (as expected really).

But, as you say, if they choose to do some festival dates in Europe it is probably doable. They could take a two-week break from the US tour to pop over the Atlantic and to 3-4 dates without the hassle of setting up their own stage. However, most festival line-ups are close to being completed, so chances of seeing GN'R on the bills are less and less for each day.

Sweetness is a virtue
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2016, 02:34:58 PM »

Wouldn't really class this even as a rumour, but Download Festival in UK has a 'Massive' announcement coming at 8pm.

The three headliners have been announced hence why I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but would be cool if something had been worked out for GNR to appear around the rumoured US dates.
GazT
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2016, 02:46:43 PM »

First post here... I'm a long time GNR fan and reader of this forum, which I found also fun for the banter!

Calcy, it's a long shot that GNR will be at Download BUT if I remember rightly in 2010 Them Crooked Vultures were scheduled to headline the Friday night until AC/DC became available and took the top spot.  Andy Copping always said a reformed GNR would be his dream band to book... so fingers crossed!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2016, 02:49:44 PM »

8pm UK is in 10 mins, let's see. Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2016, 02:53:06 PM »

The only thing I could see happening is Rammstein moving down to 2nd billing on the Friday. That's if GN'R is somehow included in this announcement.

Sweetness is a virtue
GazT
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »

Spirit, I think thats the only possibility too. Rammstein festival gigs are 10 a penny and not a headline act for a festival as big as Download IMO.  Worth noting Motorhead were scheduled for Fri, so that leaves them short of one big name band.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: