Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:58:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 486864 times)
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1500 on: July 13, 2016, 11:58:20 AM »

It will be EPIC!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1501 on: July 13, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »

It will be EPIC!

Wait...Faith no More is gonna open for them?!? AGAIN??!!  Tongue  rofl

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1502 on: July 13, 2016, 12:05:52 PM »

It will be EPIC!

Wait...Faith no More is gonna open for them?!? AGAIN??!!  Tongue  rofl

It's not a bad idea! Hahah
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1503 on: July 13, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »

After the recent WSJ article, Live Nation made this statement to Fortune:

?Guns N Roses? Not in This Lifetime Tour is an unqualified success. Not only is it the #1 rock tour of the summer, it will be one of the top grossing tours of 2016 and one of the most successful reunion tours of all time. At six shows into the tour, it has already grossed more than $100,000,000 in ticket sales. Live Nation expects to surpass 1 million tickets sold and we congratulate the band on this monumental achievement.?

I assume the $100 mill gross is the total so far, for all shows up to and including San Diego.

I don't want to resurrect this zombie topic, but I came across a stat, today, that I though people might find interesting.

In 1992, when GnR were the biggest band in the world, touring with the 2nd biggest band in the world, and an up and coming band with an insanely popular hit currently on rock radio.....at Arrowhead Stadium in KC, ON A FRIDAY NIGHT....they sold 36k tickets (84% capacity which was, at the time, 43,500) and made under a million bucks. That was one of only 3 domestic shows that managed under a million...and one of 4 shows under 90% sold.

I think it's safe to say, if the WSJ had done even a modicum of research, they could have found that (since I stumbled across it on Wikipedia when looking up some info from the GnR/Metallica/FNM tour), and realized that...hey...maybe KC isn't GnRs HUGEST market, historically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses/Metallica_Stadium_Tour#Tour_dates

Wink  OK, I'll let this go back to zombie mode if people want, and we can celebrate the South American dates! EU/UK..you are NEXT! Wink

Together again,
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1504 on: July 13, 2016, 12:32:35 PM »

One side note: the official GNR Twitter account posted this:

Actually, it won't be Fall here in the south hemisphere, but Spring. Tongue

They also posted a short video in Portuguese for the Brazilian market:

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/753263749583278080

After the recent WSJ article, Live Nation made this statement to Fortune:

?Guns N Roses? Not in This Lifetime Tour is an unqualified success. Not only is it the #1 rock tour of the summer, it will be one of the top grossing tours of 2016 and one of the most successful reunion tours of all time. At six shows into the tour, it has already grossed more than $100,000,000 in ticket sales. Live Nation expects to surpass 1 million tickets sold and we congratulate the band on this monumental achievement.?

I assume the $100 mill gross is the total so far, for all shows up to and including San Diego.

I don't want to resurrect this zombie topic, but I came across a stat, today, that I though people might find interesting.

In 1992, when GnR were the biggest band in the world, touring with the 2nd biggest band in the world, and an up and coming band with an insanely popular hit currently on rock radio.....at Arrowhead Stadium in KC, ON A FRIDAY NIGHT....they sold 36k tickets (84% capacity which was, at the time, 43,500) and made under a million bucks. That was one of only 3 domestic shows that managed under a million...and one of 4 shows under 90% sold.

I think it's safe to say, if the WSJ had done even a modicum of research, they could have found that (since I stumbled across it on Wikipedia when looking up some info from the GnR/Metallica/FNM tour), and realized that...hey...maybe KC isn't GnRs HUGEST market, historically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses/Metallica_Stadium_Tour#Tour_dates

Wink  OK, I'll let this go back to zombie mode if people want, and we can celebrate the South American dates! EU/UK..you are NEXT! Wink
I understand that it's only logical from a business point of view to NOT ASSUME that every show would be sold out. Its just impossible. The WSJ article implying  that the tour is not getting at least a decent ROI is just bad journalism.

Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #1505 on: July 13, 2016, 12:33:50 PM »

Good find Pilferk. Even 27k on the 2nd Chicago show is good! Didn't they need 20k to break even? Whatever the number was for KC it's 2 sold out arena shows! How many hard rock pr metal bands right now can sell out Arenas!?HuhHuh Add to that, w basically no opening act?Huh GNR is doing great!!! Just ask any other band...

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1506 on: July 13, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »

I understand that it's only logical from a business point of view to NOT ASSUME that every show would be sold out. Its just impossible. The WSJ article implying  that the tour is not getting at least a decent ROI is just bad journalism.

Agree, 100%.

And basing that implication on, basically, sales at ONE show in a venue where, historically, at the height of their popularity, on a weekend night, with 2 other HUGE bands who were likewise very popular, they STILL weren't selling out the venue is even worse journalism.

Together again,
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #1507 on: July 13, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »

Agree, 100%.

And basing that implication on, basically, sales at ONE show in a venue where, historically, at the height of their popularity, on a weekend night, with 2 other HUGE bands who were likewise very popular, they STILL weren't selling out the venue is even worse journalism.

All of this could have been avoided if WSJ would have had journalistic integrity and contacted the tour promoters LiveNation first and got their side of the story first. The fact that WSJ ran their story before even contacting LiveNation shows that it has no credibility and is complete horse shit.
But, nonetheless, the WSJ perpetuates the stereotypes and puts the "idea" out there in the world and then LiveNation's clarification only sounds like a clean up job.
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #1508 on: July 13, 2016, 12:53:26 PM »

OH MY FUCKING GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Been waiting 5 years for them to return to Chile, since they didn't play here on their last South American tour.
2010 and 2011 were awesome, but this time it's going to be in a stadium, so I expect it to be a totally different beast  drool drool
See you there fellow gunners beer beer
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:55:40 PM by asdf gunner » Logged

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1509 on: July 13, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »

Agree, 100%.

All of this could have been avoided if WSJ would have had journalistic integrity and contacted the tour promoters LiveNation first and got their side of the story first. The fact that WSJ ran their story before even contacting LiveNation shows that it has no credibility and is complete horse shit.
But, nonetheless, the WSJ perpetuates the stereotypes and puts the "idea" out there in the world and then LiveNation's clarification only sounds like a clean up job.
Well, they did had the outstanding idea to first get MSL's comments. hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1510 on: July 13, 2016, 01:03:05 PM »

Agree, 100%.

Well, they did had the outstanding idea to first get MSL's comments. hihi

I seriously want to find the author of that article, walk into their office, and burn their journalism degree.

Together again,
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #1511 on: July 13, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »

OH MY FUCKING GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Been waiting 5 years for them to return to Chile, since they didn't play here on their last South American tour.
2010 and 2011 were awesome, but this time it's going to be in a stadium, so I expect it to be a totally different beast  drool drool
See you there fellow gunners beer beer

It looks like they left enough room for a second show in Chile, also River Plate.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1512 on: July 13, 2016, 02:04:32 PM »

Santiago Of Chile, Saturday, October 29 @ National Stadium, Official Event ->

https://www.facebook.com/events/1382532505095377

Producer: DG Medios & The FanLab

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1513 on: July 13, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »

I guess all the #ComeToBrazil posts on GNR social media were worth it!  rofl

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1514 on: July 13, 2016, 02:35:07 PM »

1st Date In Southamerica, Lima/Per? @ Monumental Stadium @ October 27

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1515 on: July 13, 2016, 05:17:14 PM »

Seems like the Rio de Janeiro venue is still not confirmed. Its now changed to TBA.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1516 on: July 13, 2016, 05:57:48 PM »

Seems like the Rio de Janeiro venue is still not confirmed. Its now changed to TBA.

Fingers crossed for a free concert at the copacabana beach because i'm BROKE!  rofl rofl rofl

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1517 on: July 13, 2016, 06:05:22 PM »

This tour is huge sucess...A it's great to see packed stadiums in US or 30k per show...
BUt as You can see Acdc tour in US have 10k people per show and arens didn't be packed
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #1518 on: July 13, 2016, 07:47:04 PM »

Yes!!! That's great news! I hope to see them in Sao Paulo!

When do the sales start?  beer

If they're ever gonna release a Blu Ray out of this tour, I hope it's from Argentina - River Plate stadium. Even though I'm brazilian, the Argentinian crowds are just fucking insane

ACDC's Live At River Plate Blu Ray might have the best crowd even on a Rock n Roll show.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:49:03 PM by Eduardo » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1519 on: July 13, 2016, 08:00:44 PM »

Yes!!! That's great news! I hope to see them in Sao Paulo!

When do the sales start?  beer

If they're ever gonna release a Blu Ray out of this tour, I hope it's from Argentina - River Plate stadium. Even though I'm brazilian, the Argentinian crowds are just fucking insane

ACDC's Live At River Plate Blu Ray might have the best crowd even on a Rock n Roll show.

Yeah that ACDC show is fun to watch. The crowd is silly.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: