Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 485727 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #1420 on: July 08, 2016, 03:05:09 AM »

The Wall Street Journal quoted MSL? The Wall Street Journal?

A bit out of character I must admit. Live Nation disputes all his claims though.

On another note, not 100% accurate numbers, but still some rounded numbers of attendance from the recent shows:

Kansas City had about 27,000 people grossing $3.5 mill.
Chicago had a combined attendance of 71,000 grossing $9 mill.

I would say the second Chicago show was probably 3/4 filled up which means about 40,000 for the first show and 30,000 for the second (or maybe 45,000 and 25,000).

Not all sell-outs, but these are good numbers I think.

A bit out of character? That's an understatement to say the least. I find it hard to believe that the WSJ is not capable to contact promoters, agents, Ticketmaster or StubHub in order to get information about ticket sales.

On top of that the WSJ decided to pick the worst possible source of information. Forums are not a source of official information. Forums are places where fans gather to discuss music, sports, movies, etc. Now if Axl decides to answer questions in a forum, well that's another story. But this is not the case.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1421 on: July 08, 2016, 04:50:37 AM »

I don't see the second night in Chicago as a failure. No, it didn't sell-out, but they sold 25-30,000 additional tickets for that one city.

Not at all.

Those are solid numbers.

They are great numbers.

I would have also thought there are less expenses involved in having a second night because you do not have the transport and stage set-up costs
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1422 on: July 08, 2016, 06:28:01 AM »

71,000 in Chicago. That's actually nearly 5 packed nights in an arena. Success indeed.

And 9 million bucks.  For 2 nights. On ticket sales alone?

That's fucking amazing revenue. AMAZING.

Hell, 3.5 million at Arrowhead is pretty decent.

This tour, so far, has been ridiculously successful artistically, it looks like in terms of sales and revenue, and certainly in terms of fan friendliness.

I've heard people nitpick this and that and the other thing. Fuck that, man.  We have Axl, Duff, Slash...and now a guest appearance from Steven. We have a killer setlist with songs that people have wanted to hear live for DECADES (Coma), classics, and even some CD era stuff mixed in. The band sounds fucking awesome, from top to bottom. THEY ARE GOING ON STAGE ON TIME AND EVEN EARLY!  You literally have almost every single fan complaint over the past...IDK...20 years?....addressed.

I just chuckle at the nitpicking (too many covers, not enough rasp, not enough set list changes, blah, blah, blah). I mean..you HAVE to.

Members of the media, now, are always gonna try to find something to bitch about because it gives good headline and drives clicks.  You get both sides of the equation (those that hate, and those that love and are outraged) in your traffic stream.  The tone (esp of the headline) of this article, TO ME, is evidence of that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1423 on: July 08, 2016, 06:29:46 AM »

They are great numbers.

I would have also thought there are less expenses involved in having a second night because you do not have the transport and stage set-up costs

You are thinking right.

There are a number of fixed costs that then get "divided" over 2 nights, which (ultimately) makes both shows "more profitable".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1424 on: July 08, 2016, 08:47:01 AM »

I'll wait for the Billboard and Pollstar numbers.  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1425 on: July 08, 2016, 08:50:25 AM »

The Internet will break if the five of them do a couple Appetite songs just them up there on stage.

Gotta admit seeing Steven there in the periscope last night was very heavy.

I am not a big fan of his playing but from a human being standpoint, I felt really good for him. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:16:02 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1426 on: July 08, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »

I'll wait for the Billboard and Pollstar numbers.  ok

Those will be 100% accurate of course.

But the source of the numbers given in the article is Live Nation. Those are rounded, correct numbers.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1427 on: July 08, 2016, 09:24:22 AM »

^ The problem is not with the numbers. Is the context. Also, this:

On top of that the WSJ decided to pick the worst possible source of information. Forums are not a source of official information. Forums are places where fans gather to discuss music, sports, movies, etc. Now if Axl decides to answer questions in a forum, well that's another story. But this is not the case.
It really takes away the credibility of the piece. No better than Alternative Nation, really.

SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #1428 on: July 08, 2016, 10:07:23 AM »

In the era of pop, EDM, and hip hop, for a hard rock band to be putting up these kind of numbers is amazing. We live in an era where hard rock is all but dead on a mass cultural level, GNR are putting up Byonce and Rolling Stones numbers. This is unheard of in today's musical culture. As many have already said, if this was a typical arena tour, GNR would have sold out 2 to 5 times over in all markets.
But, the most important thing is that the fans have been overwhelmingly pleased and thrilled! GNR might not ever dominate the musical culture like they did from 88 - 92/93, but they have proven they have staying power. They are pulling in numbers like only The Stones, Pink Floyd, and Springsteen do.
Also worth noting, is that the U.S. has been very challenging for GNR over the pat 15 years of touring with the new line-up; America was the most stubborn market and the most difficult to "buy in" to GNR. Based on the fan response, those concerns have been all but extinguished. The U.S. fan response has been very warm-- GNR are pulling back the stubborn die hards and the masses of casuals.

No worries . . . . GNR are back.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1429 on: July 08, 2016, 11:18:19 AM »

71,000 in Chicago. That's actually nearly 5 packed nights in an arena. Success indeed.

And 9 million bucks.  For 2 nights. On ticket sales alone?

That's fucking amazing revenue. AMAZING.

Hell, 3.5 million at Arrowhead is pretty decent.

This tour, so far, has been ridiculously successful artistically, it looks like in terms of sales and revenue, and certainly in terms of fan friendliness.

I've heard people nitpick this and that and the other thing. Fuck that, man.  We have Axl, Duff, Slash...and now a guest appearance from Steven. We have a killer setlist with songs that people have wanted to hear live for DECADES (Coma), classics, and even some CD era stuff mixed in. The band sounds fucking awesome, from top to bottom. THEY ARE GOING ON STAGE ON TIME AND EVEN EARLY!  You literally have almost every single fan complaint over the past...IDK...20 years?....addressed.

I just chuckle at the nitpicking (too many covers, not enough rasp, not enough set list changes, blah, blah, blah). I mean..you HAVE to.

Members of the media, now, are always gonna try to find something to bitch about because it gives good headline and drives clicks.  You get both sides of the equation (those that hate, and those that love and are outraged) in your traffic stream.  The tone (esp of the headline) of this article, TO ME, is evidence of that.

PREACH!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1430 on: July 08, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »

The Wall Street Journal quoted MSL? The Wall Street Journal?

A bit out of character I must admit. Live Nation disputes all his claims though.

On another note, not 100% accurate numbers, but still some rounded numbers of attendance from the recent shows:

Kansas City had about 27,000 people grossing $3.5 mill.
Chicago had a combined attendance of 71,000 grossing $9 mill.

I would say the second Chicago show was probably 3/4 filled up which means about 40,000 for the first show and 30,000 for the second (or maybe 45,000 and 25,000).

Not all sell-outs, but these are good numbers I think.

A bit out of character? That's an understatement to say the least. I find it hard to believe that the WSJ is not capable to contact promoters, agents, Ticketmaster or StubHub in order to get information about ticket sales.

WSJ is a joke nowadays.  Since Rupert Murdoch bought it, the paper has become nothing more than the New York Post with lipstick. 
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1431 on: July 08, 2016, 01:47:51 PM »

Some people need to keep things in perspective or reality.

Yeah I'll be happy with whatever they play, and I'm very excited for sure. Been waiting for this concert since the summer of 2000. Many of you longer than that even.

The consistent setlist is great in a lot of ways, but in some ways it lacks. I personally would like a more revolving setlist. They are playing "Coma" and "Civil War" live which are 2 of my favorite Gn'R songs. The CD songs from Nu Gn'R are great too. It's a great blend.

My problem with the setlist, and it is a minor one is that they just aren't playing enough UYI era songs. We're getting all the hits, which is awesome, just would like to see Dust N' Bones or Bad Obsession...

or

Don't Damn Me mixed in.

Not every night even, just randomly a couple times. Like keep a lock on 20 songs, hell keep the covers. I like how they are rotating Don't Cry and Patience out back and forth. Maybe rotate the Seeker and Out Ta Get Me out with Bad Apples and Don't Damn Me? or Maybe do it with 14 years with Duff on vocals instead of Izzy for his parts...?

Then again I'm very happy they are playing Coma, Civil War, This I Love

that is just great so just keep it in perspective. The setlist is really really good, we all just want our own personal setlist, but overall... the setlist they are playing is probably the most casual/hardcore you could ask for.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1432 on: July 08, 2016, 04:58:47 PM »

Just a thought I had ...

IF Steven is going to appear more freqently and if and when Izzy does the same ... Wouldn't it make sense to advertise that?

Ya gotta believe that would sell more than a handful more tickets...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1433 on: July 08, 2016, 05:05:48 PM »

Just a thought I had ...

IF Steven is going to appear more freqently and if and when Izzy does the same ... Wouldn't it make sense to advertise that?

Ya gotta believe that would sell more than a handful more tickets...

Well at the moment, it's a little premature.  Izzy hasn't appeared yet.  If/(hopefully) when he does, it might be Matt on guest drums since Izzy is promoting his current collaboration with Matt.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1434 on: July 08, 2016, 06:09:41 PM »

It is safe to say that at some point we'll get the AFD 5.

Can't wait.

Steven getting 2-4 songs per show would just be great. Give Frank a break anyways. Drumming is the most physical thing live.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1435 on: July 08, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »

It is safe to say that at some point we'll get the AFD 5.
Is it? I see no indication or strong rumor that Izzy is involved other than wishful thinking. Not saying aint gonna happen either.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1436 on: July 08, 2016, 08:10:30 PM »

WMMR in Philly has been given the opportunity to choose a local band for a support slot at the July 14 concert.

You can vote for the bands here: http://wmmr.com/contests/philly-band-open-guns-n-roses/

Seems you need an account there to vote though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1437 on: July 08, 2016, 08:22:17 PM »

Eddie Trunk says theres bad blood between Axl and Matt...it would be nice if Izzy and Matt joined them for some songs. Maybe in LA show who knows.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1438 on: July 09, 2016, 12:42:12 AM »

Tomorrow!!!!! Cant wait!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
anaesthetics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1439 on: July 09, 2016, 01:04:14 AM »

If there is someone who has already seen GN'R on this tour with PIT tickets, can you please explain the "getting there" part?? Was there a dedicated line for the folks with pit tickets?  After that line was allowed to enter the stadium, were there additional lines and/or checkpoints to the pit area of the field?  About how many hours did you wait in line and what kind of spot were you able to get?

I've seen GN'R once in '06 and twice in '11.  Looking forward to the show in Orlando later this month -- and exactly one month later get to see AXL/DC!! Thanks, everyone, for the reviews & photos.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: