Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:22:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 485730 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1380 on: July 06, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »

Oh yeah- break the fucking rule! Doesn't apply to GNR
GNR never played by any body's fucking rules.

It's not that GNR fans are oblivious to such concert "rules"
It's just that this is so special we don't give a fuck.

Fuckin' A, I like it!

And that's what I'm going with!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #1381 on: July 06, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »

Other than 85% of the fans at Chicago who broke the rule and wore old and recently purchased GNR Ts- I saw a lot of fans sporting the following Rock band Ts. Below are some good options IF you want to abide by the rule:
11 Rolling Stones
8 Alice in Chains
7 Motley Crue
2 Avenged Sevenfold
2 Van Halen
2 Led Zeppelin
1 Ozzy
1 Disturbed

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1382 on: July 06, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

Other than 85% of the fans at Chicago who broke the rule and wore old and recently purchased GNR Ts- I saw a lot of fans sporting the following Rock band Ts. Below are some good options IF you want to abide by the rule:
11 Rolling Stones
8 Alice in Chains
7 Motley Crue
2 Avenged Sevenfold
2 Van Halen
2 Led Zeppelin
1 Ozzy
1 Disturbed

My other choices were Green Day, "Ride the Lightning era" (yes, vintage...or, rather...mine, but I'm that fucking old) Metallica, or....wait for it...Sgt Peppers.  I have a shit ton of others, but that's what was in the mental rotation.

I'm still leaning toward GnR.

My wife has informed me, previously, she is breaking the rule.  Her paradise city tshirt (which stretches nicely across what I consider to BE paradise city) is going to be worn.

Together again,
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #1383 on: July 06, 2016, 02:38:53 PM »

11 Rolling Stones
8 Alice in Chains
7 Motley Crue
2 Avenged Sevenfold
2 Van Halen
2 Led Zeppelin
1 Ozzy
1 Disturbed

My other choices were Green Day, "Ride the Lightning era" (yes, vintage...or, rather...mine, but I'm that fucking old) Metallica, or....wait for it...Sgt Peppers.  I have a shit ton of others, but that's what was in the mental rotation.

My wife has informed me, previously, she is breaking the rule.  Her paradise city tshirt (which stretches nicely across what I consider to BE paradise city) is going to be worn.

Oh yeah, I like your choice to break the rule. Definitely go with the GNR T. If tonight is anything like Detroit or Chicago, you will be amazed at how many GNR T shirts there are. Just an ocean of GNR brotherhood and sisterhood. All the T's create a synergy and a spirit of solidarity. It was unlike any rock concert I've ever been to in my life. The closest feeling was a Rolling Stones concert back in the early 90s. But, there is an energy and spirit and vibe at these shows that is epic and unparalleled. It's as if we are all communicating with each other without having to say a word. We all know that we are part of one of rock n roll's greatest moments and that there is peace and closure in all of our souls. As we watch 40 to 65,000 fans fill up a large stadium, we know that "our band" is finally being vindicated. The world is finally witnessing what we have always known and felt in our hearts.
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1384 on: July 06, 2016, 02:43:37 PM »

This is the first I've ever heard of the t shirt rule. I guess I've always broke the rule because I always wear a GN'R t shirt to the concert. 
Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #1385 on: July 06, 2016, 02:48:36 PM »

I'm actually sporting a Slash tee...mainly because my GN'R shirts were purchased before I added some bulk(aka got fat.). However my "Making a f$&@in' Fashion Statement" shirt from the 90's may be loose enough for comfort.  Anyone else have one of those GN'R tees?  They came with the Making of Don't Cry/November Rain VHS twin pack.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1386 on: July 06, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »

With GA/PIT tickets, you have the chance of getting up against the barricade and thus will be closest to the stage.
With that in mind, the floor seats aren't that far from the stage, and you'll probably get a better view of the whole production....

/jarmo

Thank you Jarmo.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1387 on: July 06, 2016, 03:48:32 PM »

I'm actually sporting a Slash tee...mainly because my GN'R shirts were purchased before I added some bulk(aka got fat.). However my "Making a f$&@in' Fashion Statement" shirt from the 90's may be loose enough for comfort.  Anyone else have one of those GN'R tees?  They came with the Making of Don't Cry/November Rain VHS twin pack.

I have that tee, mine is battle worn, lol so I won't be wearing that one, I'll prob, go with the DC shirt, since that will be the last show I has seen, when I go to Philly next. Then I'll wear Philly to Metlife, and second night of Metlife I'll war first night Metlife!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1388 on: July 06, 2016, 04:01:45 PM »

Looks like Zakk Wylde is one of the openers for the Phoenix show per Duff's post on Facebook.

Unless it's now canceled, Zakk has a show scheduled in Denver that day.

gnrrock, you were right. GN'R twitter has now confirmed Zakk Wylde and Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown for the Phoenix show.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1389 on: July 06, 2016, 04:29:01 PM »

11 Rolling Stones
8 Alice in Chains
7 Motley Crue
2 Avenged Sevenfold
2 Van Halen
2 Led Zeppelin
1 Ozzy
1 Disturbed

Oh yeah, I like your choice to break the rule. Definitely go with the GNR T. If tonight is anything like Detroit or Chicago, you will be amazed at how many GNR T shirts there are. Just an ocean of GNR brotherhood and sisterhood. All the T's create a synergy and a spirit of solidarity. It was unlike any rock concert I've ever been to in my life. The closest feeling was a Rolling Stones concert back in the early 90s. But, there is an energy and spirit and vibe at these shows that is epic and unparalleled. It's as if we are all communicating with each other without having to say a word. We all know that we are part of one of rock n roll's greatest moments and that there is peace and closure in all of our souls. As we watch 40 to 65,000 fans fill up a large stadium, we know that "our band" is finally being vindicated. The world is finally witnessing what we have always known and felt in our hearts.

Sadly, not at tonight's show.  We're at MetLife on the 23rd.

And yes...I'm talking about planning what I'm going to wear 17 days from now.

smoking

Together again,
Princess Leia
« Reply #1390 on: July 06, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »

Looks like Zakk Wylde is one of the openers for the Phoenix show per Duff's post on Facebook.

Unless it's now canceled, Zakk has a show scheduled in Denver that day.

gnrrock, you were right. GN'R twitter has now confirmed Zakk Wylde and Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown for the Phoenix show.

Nice! I love Zakk  Grin  I hope he can also be a guest for the L.A. shows
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1391 on: July 06, 2016, 07:34:22 PM »

Been going to rock concerts since the 70's. Never heard of this rule. Where does it come from? Who deemed it appropriate? Was there a vote? I didn't get a vote!?!?!

Fuck rules.

I'm wearing a GN'R shirt. I haven't the last 4 out of 5 GNR shows I went to, but now I'm going to. Because there's some stupid rule that says I can't.

Was there some "cool people group" who just decided it wasn't cool anymore? I'll bet it was dorks posing as cool people. Superbad style dorks!

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

In fact I'm gonna wear a shirt sent to me by an HTGTH member who was sending out GN'R shirts to fellow members out of the goodness of her heart. Damn, I can't remember her name.......was it you Little EMO Annie?

I think I may have worn it to the 2012 Camden show, the show I bought 2 tickets off of HTGTH's Sandman. Remember meeting me in a KOP parking lot for the ticket/money exchange Sandman? And then we had to meet right before the show because you got ticket upgrades? Man you were fucked up at that show Sandman!! Happy drunk you were.

Anyway, my wife even made me buy her a GN'R tank-top today to wear on the 14th.

So we're wearing our fucking shirts!!!

NOT crazy about the Nightrain shirt I just received in the mail. Not great quality and the design could've been better based on the locale-specific shirts we've seen at recent concerts.

Anyway, if you don't wear a GN'R shirt because of some unwritten bullshit chicken-shit rule, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #1392 on: July 06, 2016, 07:41:10 PM »

That's a rare one!  I wore it to the Chicago HOB show.  I waited at the underground loading dock after the show.  The band all came out by 2 AM except for DJ and Axl.  They were cool to chat with and signed the shirt.  Axl came out at 4 and signed it- meeting him was #1 on my "bucket list."  That shirt is now retired, framed, and hanging up at home.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1393 on: July 06, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »

Screw rules! I'm either wearing my AFD shirt, the bloody logo shirt, or my first Guns N' Roses shirt from 7th grade at the MetLife show. That shirt still fits me. It's a picture of the original 5. Welcome to the Jungle is on the back of the shirt. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1394 on: July 07, 2016, 07:42:46 AM »

I think we should now add an exponent to the tours name.....like Not in this Lifetime2.

Adler being on stage last night pretty much requires it.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1395 on: July 07, 2016, 08:16:42 AM »

I think we should now add an exponent to the tours name.....like Not in this Lifetime2.

Add izzy on stage with Adler and i can die happy especially if it happens at my show in Arlington.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1396 on: July 07, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »

Add izzy on stage with Adler and i can die happy especially if it happens at my show in Arlington.
And I will come from Servia to die in Argentina...lol...
andreq
Opening Act

Whore

« Reply #1397 on: July 07, 2016, 10:55:12 AM »

11 Rolling Stones
8 Alice in Chains
7 Motley Crue
2 Avenged Sevenfold
2 Van Halen
2 Led Zeppelin
1 Ozzy
1 Disturbed

I went with the Limp Bizkit tee

Rich people will travel great distances to look at poor people.
fishtifer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1398 on: July 07, 2016, 11:09:01 AM »

Hey guys, A few months ago there was an article online about the GNR reunion that had an awesome Use your Illusion era live shot of Axl wearing his leather skirt with Slash beside him, the shot was taken from behind onstage. I can't find it anywhere now and I wanted to use it for this months personal calendar since I'm seeing GNR in Toronto.

Thanks!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1399 on: July 07, 2016, 07:04:09 PM »

An interesting article about the tour planning and ticket sales.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-guns-n-roses-summer-stadium-tour-too-ambitious-1467931049?mod=e2tw

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: