Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Impressive media strategy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Impressive media strategy  (Read 10175 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 09:16:20 PM »

I'm so excited, having flashbacks to 1991  beer
And to think I didn't even know GNR existed until 1992.  hihi
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 09:22:38 PM »

Agreed all around, the rollout of this has been excellent.  This stuff is hard work and very difficult to execute properly, so it's really a great testament to the abilities, judgment and work ethic of the management and promotional team.   beer
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 02:58:13 AM »

they must have really been rolling their eyes when they saw people saying things about how ax was retiring or other certain types of remarks/criticisms/rumors knowing what they knew since however long they did.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 03:21:07 AM »

Some people just leap on to others angst and allow this thought process to be "their" norm.... Some people need to learn that TB have been on the inside looking at previous management and the error of their ways. Why wouldn't they hit a home run, score a touchdown, or what ever orgasmic conclusion you want to use. TB are all about the welfare of the man, Happy Ax-man =  Happy show fans  ok

WELL DONE TB
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:26:22 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 04:08:49 AM »

Have to agree with this, it has been a great strategy with all the build-up and little hints they've given during the last months. The only thing I find a little weird is that they only show Axl, Slash and Duff on the Las Vegas teaser video, but I guess there is a reason behind it.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 04:31:33 AM »

I guess cause the world doesnt care if fortus plays rythm or frank plays the drums. People wanna see axl, slash and duff and to them, thats guns n roses
Thats why its promoted as such

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 04:37:39 AM »

I guess cause the world doesnt care if fortus plays rythm or frank plays the drums. People wanna see axl, slash and duff and to them, thats guns n roses

I guess I'm not part of this world then.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 06:01:51 AM »

I hope they release a list of touring dates so people can plan getting along to a show.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 07:29:18 AM »

It's a great opportunity for a PR strategy. And remember: all this in January, 4 months before their 1st gig. Wonder what else we'll have in this timeframe. Smiley

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 08:53:30 AM »

I'm curious on why they are only showing Axl, Slash and Duff..,Perhaps the other band members haven't been finalized? Otherwise I feel  they should show the entire band..
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:12 AM »

I'm curious on why they are only showing Axl, Slash and Duff..,Perhaps the other band members haven't been finalized? Otherwise I feel  they should show the entire band..

I just think they are selling the idea of the 3 of them reuniting.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 09:09:47 AM »

Very few would even know them.  You can't even rule out a shot of Richard would be assumed to be Izzy.

I love all these articles that say "...still no word on the involvement of Izzy Stradlin or Steven Adler".  As if they would not be in the ad if they were involved.  Think a few steps ahead before you say stuff, folks.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Continental_Drift
Headliner

MaoAxl (98-12)

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 09:32:07 AM »

I just think they are selling the idea of the 3 of them reuniting.

Agreed- plus perhaps being deliberately coy/mysterious a la Ron (Hammerstein '06) to inject some further mystery/buzz to the discussion (among "diehards" anyway). I could be way off (it is GNR after all!)- but announcing pre-Coachella Vegas shows indicates to me they have a pretty good idea what's going to go down- and with whom though. beer

#GnFnR
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »

I actually like the new guys meaning Frank, Richard and Chris but the reality is the BIG 3 thats what everyone is going to center on. for anyone who wants izzy and steven izzy is probably not in full time maybe make an appearance here n there Accept it and Steven honestly i could go either way if he showed up for a song or two fine if none at all not going to lose sleep over it. Its Axl, Slash n Duff our version of the BIG 3
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:57 AM »

Surprise Factor Others Members

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 04:49:39 PM »

What I would do next....

Get Steven and Izzy to play on a couple of songs at the Vegas show. Media will go crazy, announce full tour, sell out!

Hope they get to Europe this summer x
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 06:25:22 PM »

Could be many reasons.
Like you said, the final plans might not be known yet. Or they're just keeping some things secret.

Yes, yes, I've said it before. But there's always been a certain element of mystery surrounding GN'R.
Which is cool, but some just find annoying because they can't know everything at once.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »

What I would do next....

Get Steven and Izzy to play on a couple of songs at the Vegas show. Media will go crazy, announce full tour, sell out!

Hope they get to Europe this summer x

Would get more exposure at Coachella though.  And if there is a stream of it, all the more so.

If you are the other 3, you can bring Izzy and Steven out.  The play a few songs.  And then you can say to the fanbase...there, you got it, alright?  So let's move on now.

Everyone wins.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 07:43:14 PM »

On a LA sports radio show on ESPN Max and Marcellus they were talking about GNR reunion at coachella and asked 2 others guys Axl or Plant. One said Axl easily other said Plant. Nice that hip hop sports guys put Axl right there with Plant. Shows the impact Axl has made.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 08:01:12 PM »

Could be many reasons.
Like you said, the final plans might not be known yet. Or they're just keeping some things secret.

Yes, yes, I've said it before. But there's always been a certain element of mystery surrounding GN'R.
Which is cool, but some just find annoying because they can't know everything at once.  hihi

/jarmo

I have no complaints about anything they've done since this all dropped.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: