Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:26:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could the reunion spark some back catalog stuff coming in the future?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could the reunion spark some back catalog stuff coming in the future?  (Read 22924 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 01:36:54 PM »

I was talking about the holy grail of GNR recordings  Grin

For some GNR fans, that would be the alt takes or demo versions of the Chinese Democracy songs.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »

For some GNR fans, that would be the alt takes or demo versions of the Chinese Democracy songs.

You are clear such a Chinese Democracy mark lol.

Yeah I'm sure it would be for some fans yes. The majority... a large vast majority of the Gn'R fanbase wants 85-96 Gn'R stuff. Point blank period.

To think anything else is just crazy. Sure we want the CD II, and the 98-2014 stuff, but we all want the older stuff first. With the original, first... famous.. legendary band that MADE us all LOVE Guns N' Roses in the first place.

Lets be real here. We all love Guns N' Roses from that first original era. It is safe to say the large majority do anyways.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »

probably, but listening to 30 years old songs again and again gets boring quite soon, no matter how great they are. any new material (and with "new" I mean not only unheard ChiDem era recordings or somewhat important gig tapes, but of course also some unheard recordings from the old era, like Rapidfire, Holywood Rose etc) would be much much better. of course, the vast majority of casual fans wants just their 5 favourite songs and doesn't care about anything else, it's logical. but as a more dedicated fan, I'm not really interested in these.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:09:29 PM by zombux » Logged

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »

Bring on the remix of a record released nearly a decade ago. Those hundreds of DAT tapes of demos done in '94-97? Screw that, man. This is the digital age. The rapper age. We need a remix.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »

Bring on the remix of a record released nearly a decade ago. Those hundreds of DAT tapes of demos done in '94-97? Screw that, man. This is the digital age. The rapper age. We need a remix.

You know.. that EDM is bigger than rap now right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »

Has anyone else lost at least a little of their fire to hear the CD II material since Slash and Duff came back?

Don't get me wrong.  If it leaked 5 minutes from now, I'd download it.  If it went on sale next week, I'd pre-order it.

I'm just sort of thinking out loud here though.  CD II was already going to be material from dudes long, long gone.  But it was at least going to be what the latest band would be touring behind (theoretically).

But as removed as the latest band was going to be to the material on that album, the current incarnation of Slash and Duff have literally no connection.  And if they, god willing, do anything new...it ain't gonna sound like CD type stuff.

Right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 05:33:44 PM »

Has anyone else lost at least a little of their fire to hear the CD II material since Slash and Duff came back?

No.
It's new GN'R material.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 05:39:56 PM »

No.
It's new GN'R material.

But of a band 3 incarnations back now.  I'd still want to hear it, as I already said.

On the other hand, maybe if you could get Slash and Duff on there somehow, maybe the label is more interested.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 05:46:34 PM »

Perhaps. But it's still a GN'R record. Smiley
So yeah, my level of interest in hearing it hasn't changed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 05:57:39 PM »

Yeah it would be great to hear anything new. For me, I'm much more interested in pre 1996  Guns N' Roses.

Always have been really more interested. The long wait for CD really burned me out. As good as CD is... I just don't want anything from that post 1998 era relaly. Not yet. Not until other stuff is put out.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 05:58:27 PM »

Perhaps. But it's still a GN'R record. Smiley
So yeah, my level of interest in hearing it hasn't changed.

I'm interested in the sense that I don't really think any more original material is likely to ever come out, but if anything is going to, this is our best bet.

So, in that sense, bring it on.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 05:58:38 PM »

This is to DX if they come out some time from now and say slash n duff are redoing chidem II would that perk your interest? obviously i have no idea what will happen but don't give up on it who knows what might happen. You certainly didn't think slash was coming back did ya?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 06:03:31 PM »

This is to DX if they come out some time from now and say slash n duff are redoing chidem II would that perk your interest? obviously i have no idea what will happen but don't give up on it who knows what might happen. You certainly didn't think slash was coming back did ya?

Shit no. 

The point I was trying to get across is operating under the premise that Slash and Duff stay onboard past this tour, or whatever it is.

If that were the case, I'm not sure how jazzed I'd be to get a collection of songs Axl did with Buckethead and Robin, done 15 years ago now.  I'd be interested in the sense that I'd be interested in anything Axl did.  But yeah, if Slash and Duff were to decide to continue on with Axl, I'd be more interested if they were involved.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 06:08:29 PM »

sometimes i think we get to involved in who wrote or made the songs. As long as we get to hear the songs thats what matters to me i don't care who initially wrote it or played on it because at this point we just want to be able to enjoy it
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »

sometimes i think we get to involved in who wrote or made the songs. As long as we get to hear the songs thats what matters to me i don't care who initially wrote it or played on it because at this point we just want to be able to enjoy it

Anything we get at this point is going to have a cast of thousands feel.  Might as well make your peace with it.  I think we have.

Only way that's not the case is if the line-up that does this tour, is suddenly SO inspired by each other...they rush into a studio and crank something out from scratch.

Not terribly likely. 

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 08:07:10 PM »

Don't get me wrong.  If it leaked 5 minutes from now, I'd download it.  If it went on sale next week, I'd pre-order it.

I'm just sort of thinking out loud here though.  CD II was already going to be material from dudes long, long gone.  But it was at least going to be what the latest band would be touring behind (theoretically).

But as removed as the latest band was going to be to the material on that album, the current incarnation of Slash and Duff have literally no connection.  And if they, god willing, do anything new...it ain't gonna sound like CD type stuff.

Right?

A remix album does nothing for me period.

Whether its CD stuff... or if axl decided to do a remix of say Appetite.. it would still do nothing for me. I have never particularly liked any remixes from any artist to be honest,  I like the songs the way they are (old stuff) but thats just my personal taste, i'd probably rather see Axl do a cover of something epic and release it, i have always though Axl's covers were better then the originals.. as for CD2 and especially the remix, i am on the record as saying i have little to no interest in listening to it for a number of reasons. If they had of released it when the guys that recorded it were still in the band, it would have been slightly easier to swallow.. but im past caring. We have a new band, with 3 (minimum) out of the classic line up and if this current version of the band records something new and releases it, id be much much much more willing and eager to get my hands on it.

To answer your last question... if the current incarnation of guns does release something... i would think it would be far removed from ANYTHING to do with CD... and that can only be a good thing IMO.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:13:41 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 08:24:49 PM »

To answer your last question... if the current incarnation of guns does release something... i would think it would be far removed from ANYTHING to do with CD... and that can only be a good thing IMO.
How would you know??
How would anyone - besides those directly involved of course - know if a new album featuring Axl, Slash n' Duff was made up of brand new songs or do-overs of material not released on CD?  Rumor has it that Slash was somehow connected to one, two or more of the CD songs.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 08:28:44 PM »

How would you know??
How would anyone - besides those directly involved of course - know if a new album featuring Axl, Slash n' Duff was made up of brand new songs or do-overs of material not released on CD?  Rumor has it that Slash was somehow connected to one, two or more of the CD songs.

I don't know... i never said i did know..... that's why i said i "think".

its an opinion. Don't get your knickers in a knot over it man.  Undecided
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 08:30:49 PM »

It's a forum.  I was joining the conversation.  My knickers are unknotted.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 08:39:51 PM »

It's a forum.  I was joining the conversation.  My knickers are unknotted.

Sounds good.

In regards to any new music... if we get 2 new songs at vegas or Coachella, my gut feeling is they will be appetite style songs.. and fairly stripped rock songs... but like i said... i dont know... its all speculation. Cant wait to see what happens though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: