Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7  (Read 164649 times)
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #540 on: February 07, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »

Is anybody here would like to share a room in any hotel in Vegas for the weekend?

i'm interested in considering that
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #541 on: February 09, 2016, 03:46:31 AM »

Anyone have any tickets for Fridays show? I'm looking for three or four if possible. PM me with a price/location of the seats if you can. Thanks.
Annie
« Reply #542 on: February 09, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »

I can't believe it's only 2 months away, so excited! beer beer
OTT
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #543 on: February 10, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »

You guys think this will be the first show they play? Have money put away for the first one. Just nervous about a date being added before Vegas after I book flight etc
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #544 on: February 10, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »

You guys think this will be the first show they play? Have money put away for the first one. Just nervous about a date being added before Vegas after I book flight etc

It's advertised as such, so it looks like it.

I think, if any show is added before this, it will be a very small gig.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #545 on: February 10, 2016, 05:17:58 PM »

It's advertised as such, so it looks like it.

I think, if any show is added before this, it will be a very small gig.

Yeah it looks that way.  I'm hoping they don't do some small club show before these.  It is being advertised as the first time they'll be on stage together.
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #546 on: February 11, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »

I was on Vacation in Venezuela when tix we t on sale. Wifi at the hotel sucked!!! Couldn't get tix. But today I decided to book my flight and hotel 4/7-4/11. $700 flying out of Providence RI... Alone. If anyone has a GA FLOOR tix available please lmk. Here's my email    JBAT81@ME.COM
OR PM here. I can't miss this!!!!!!
See you all there and they should obviously start the show w Jugle and then Coma... lol

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #547 on: February 11, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »

Yeah it looks that way.  I'm hoping they don't do some small club show before these.  It is being advertised as the first time they'll be on stage together.

So long as the entire band has rehearsed together before then, Axl included, I don't think its a big deal if they don't do a warm-up show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #548 on: February 11, 2016, 03:28:17 PM »

So long as the entire band has rehearsed together before then, Axl included, I don't think its a big deal if they don't do a warm-up show.

I would rather Axl go to zero rehearsals and have his first time playing with the band be on April 8th.  More spontaneous.  I believe the Vegas shows might technically be the warm up shows.  For selfish reasons I hope they are the first shows since I will be there. hihi
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:30:55 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #549 on: February 11, 2016, 03:37:47 PM »

I would rather Axl go to zero rehearsals and have his first time playing with the band be on April 8th.  More spontaneous.  I believe the Vegas shows might technically be the warm up shows.  For selfish reasons I hope they are the first shows since I will be there. hihi

You may be correct about their purpose.

But HELL NO, I don't want that to be the case, that he does no prep with the band.  Like it or not, they are going to be judged on those first shows.  Their shit has to be tight.

I want this to be as successful as possible, on every level.  That is my #1 priority.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2016, 04:10:43 PM »

But HELL NO, I don't want that to be the case, that he does no prep with the band.  Like it or not, they are going to be judged on those first shows.  Their shit has to be tight.

I want this to be as successful as possible, on every level.  That is my #1 priority.

Yeah, they've been getting judged since "Appetite" came out.  There is no changing peoples minds at this point.  There are people that love them, and people who think they are shit.  I don't think the band gives a shit either way what people might think of them.

I was joking around, I'm sure the band will be prepared for these shows, but they shouldn't feel any added pressure.  Their mark on the history of music is undeniable at this point.  These instant sellouts at higher than usual ticket prices only confirm what we have all known for a while.  No matter what kind of negative shit people with agendas might spew about the band, this band is important to a lot of people.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #551 on: February 11, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »

The official announcement of the Las Vegas shows included the following:

LAS VEGAS (January 19, 2016) ? History will be made in April when Guns N? Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N? Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9.

"What an honor to work with the biggest name in rock n' roll as part of the opening celebration of T- Mobile Arena,? said Bobby Reynolds, Vice President of Booking, AEG Live. ?Guns N' Roses choosing to return to the stage in their full glory, on the Las Vegas Strip to open T-Mobile Arena is rock n' roll history. This is going to be an awesome event and not to be missed." ?What better city than Las Vegas ? the Entertainment Capital of the World ? to see Guns N? Roses play together for the first time in 23 years,? said Dan Quinn, General Manager of T-Mobile Arena. ?The T-Mobile Arena was designed to host iconic events such as this, and we will provide guests with an incredible experience as they enjoy this historic show.?

Seems like it would be false advertising if they did shows before Las Vegas.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #552 on: February 11, 2016, 04:49:23 PM »

Yeah, that wording is pretty over the top.  Might have to honor that.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #553 on: February 11, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »

This is just a long shot, but looking at this line:

"... the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip."

Foreshadowing of a PPV?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #554 on: February 11, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »

I switched my hotel reservation from MGM Grand to HRH... got a good offer on a HRH Suite.  Granted it's off-strip, though not that far of a taxi ride to the arena.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #555 on: February 11, 2016, 06:16:13 PM »

I can't believe it's only 2 months away, so excited! beer beer

Only 56 Days From NOW !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #556 on: February 11, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »

I switched my hotel reservation from MGM Grand to HRH... got a good offer on a HRH Suite.  Granted it's off-strip, though not that far of a taxi ride to the arena.

That's where Im staying, I just happen to like the HRH, always have.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2016, 08:57:52 AM »

I know a lot of us may lose their minds before April!! lol I have traveled a few times to see the band and I have supported what ever line up has come along. Never mattered to me if there was a reunion. But now that it is happening I couldn't be more stoked! Grin Also can't freaking wait to meet some of my dearest on line GNR friends! It always amazes me the people you come in contact with simply because you share a favorite band. Thank you GNR!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #558 on: February 12, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »

Good choice. That's where I'm at, and it's where I'd be even if my room wasn't comped.  Being off-strip keeps some of the riff-raff out. Smiley
Buckeye
Opening Act

« Reply #559 on: February 12, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »

Easy ways around this if the band were inclined... you just call the show(s) before Vegas private warm-up rehearsals instead of public concerts.  It's just a matter of the wording.  Obviously the statement in the press release isn't literally true - the band is or will "regroup" before Vegas in their practice space, and those insiders who drop in on these practices "will see Guns N? Roses play together for the first time in 23 years" before Vegas.  Basically the press release is just marketing hype - the band can find a way to do whatever they want.

The official announcement of the Las Vegas shows included the following:

LAS VEGAS (January 19, 2016) ? History will be made in April when Guns N? Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N? Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9.

"What an honor to work with the biggest name in rock n' roll as part of the opening celebration of T- Mobile Arena,? said Bobby Reynolds, Vice President of Booking, AEG Live. ?Guns N' Roses choosing to return to the stage in their full glory, on the Las Vegas Strip to open T-Mobile Arena is rock n' roll history. This is going to be an awesome event and not to be missed." ?What better city than Las Vegas ? the Entertainment Capital of the World ? to see Guns N? Roses play together for the first time in 23 years,? said Dan Quinn, General Manager of T-Mobile Arena. ?The T-Mobile Arena was designed to host iconic events such as this, and we will provide guests with an incredible experience as they enjoy this historic show.?

Seems like it would be false advertising if they did shows before Las Vegas.

Slash once played my Les Paul (pic to the left) & the bass used on "Better" is literally on my living room floor. 

Was at the first and last shows of the Bumblefoot era: 5/12/06 NYC & 6/7/14 Vegas
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: