Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:42:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7  (Read 164629 times)
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2016, 07:04:01 PM »

So I got a ticket on Stubhub; I got this particular ticket because it was supposedly available for download today (some of the others said "by" April 3rd). Anyway, I go to download my ticket today (rather excitedly, I must say) and now it says it won't be available until March 15th. I never dealt with Stubhub before, but I thought that was pretty shitty. The woman there assured me I have nothing to worry about, go ahead and make all my travel plans awhile. Anybody here ever get screwed by Stubhub?

Electronic Ticket's aren't being issued to people until at least March 11, it said after buying them.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »

I was just on a chat with Stubhub. She said if the seller backs out, they would either find me a comparable (or better) ticket, or give me a full refund. Same deal if the ticket isnt valid for some reason at the door; they can get me an electronic ticket or have one brought over from their Vegas office. I feel a little better. Time to start pricing plane tickets!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2016, 07:09:31 PM »

So I got a ticket on Stubhub; I got this particular ticket because it was supposedly available for download today (some of the others said "by" April 3rd). Anyway, I go to download my ticket today (rather excitedly, I must say) and now it says it won't be available until March 15th. I never dealt with Stubhub before, but I thought that was pretty shitty. The woman there assured me I have nothing to worry about, go ahead and make all my travel plans awhile. Anybody here ever get screwed by Stubhub?

Electronic Ticket's aren't being issued to people until at least March 11, it said after buying them.

Ahh...  That makes sense. I wish they wouldnt have put today's date. I was excited to hold it in my hand (although I much prefer a "real" ticket)

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »

Ahh...  That makes sense. I wish they wouldnt have put today's date. I was excited to hold it in my hand (although I much prefer a "real" ticket)

Yeah for sure! I haven't collected tickets in a long time. Found my old ticket stash a while back, great memories!
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »

I know, right? I found a stash in an old photo box (remember physical photos?!?) from '93-'94, some shows I forgot about. Brought back some good memories. Not quite the same saving a piece of paper. Oh well, I'm sure this show will provide some awesome memories!!! Looking forward to meeting up with some of you in Vegas! I think I speak for everyone here when I say these shows can't come soon enough!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »

I've gotten used to the electronic tickets but I still prefer going to the ticket outlets and getting the actual tickets for the shows.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Annie
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »

I've gotten used to the electronic tickets but I still prefer going to the ticket outlets and getting the actual tickets for the shows.

me too! Cool
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #447 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »

I've used StubHub before for some pricey tickets. I didn't have any problems, I just made sure to turn up early in case there were any issues.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #448 on: January 25, 2016, 08:35:01 PM »

me too! Cool

That feeling of accomplishment just made the show that more bad ass. \m/
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2016, 07:00:20 PM »

I heard many conspiracy theories that the bands and promoters are often the scalpers, holding back the release of tickets to the public while they guage demand. If public demand is high during the initial on-sale, magically a volume of tickets slide over to secondary sites at inflated values. Anybody buy into that theory?

Well. I know for a fact that for Michael Jackson's O2 shows in London AEG themselves sold tickets on the secondary market/reseller site Viagogo for inflated prices. I would definitely not be surprised if they would try to pull something off like this too. But then again, for MJ, officially the highest ticket category did cost only 75 GBP. Here the tickets are expensive from the get go.

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »

I heard many conspiracy theories that the bands and promoters are often the scalpers, holding back the release of tickets to the public while they guage demand. If public demand is high during the initial on-sale, magically a volume of tickets slide over to secondary sites at inflated values. Anybody buy into that theory?

I don't think any version of Guns N Roses would ever do that to fans.

I can not speak for other bands.

I would guess bands that make "music" would never do such a thing, but bands who produce a "product" might.

Well. It's not really the band's decision how the promoter sells the tickets. They get a set fee per show. How that fee comes together and is generated is the promoter's problem. And obviously the band in this case don't give a shit, as shown in the outrageous ticket prices. They are not committed to keep it fair and affordable for fans.

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #451 on: January 29, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »

So, what songs ? that they'll realistically play ? will be first time performed by Slash since 1993?

Estranged is one I guess.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #452 on: January 29, 2016, 08:38:12 AM »

So, what songs ? that they'll realistically play ? will be first time performed by Slash since 1993?

One of the coolest things about the first show will be the set list... it will be a complete surprise... well everything will be if they don't do any press!

Will there be a CD song? Will there be a song from back in the day that Axl hasn;t played in forever (like Pretty Tied Up...would be sick). Maybe something from Slash's catalogue... even if its just a solo or something... will Izzy or Steven be there...can't wait!

I still just can't believe this has happened...it's heavy for me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #453 on: January 29, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »

Slash has played a lot of GNR songs with the conspirators the last few years... but Estranged is not one of them.

Off the top of my head I know he's done most of Appetite, Civil War and YCBM.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #454 on: January 29, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »

Slash has played a lot of GNR songs with the conspirators the last few years... but Estranged is not one of them.

So let's see...

Estranged
November Rain? (excluding Super Bowl performance)
Yesterdays
14 Years
Don't Cry
KOHD?

From Lies, without going back checking set-lists, I assume Slash has done Patience and Used To Love Her.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:46:29 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2016, 09:07:05 AM »

Also have to consider both the makeup of the band he plays with and the fact that Slash has mentioned before about a song being "a little too Axl"

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2016, 09:08:45 AM »

Also have to consider both the makeup of the band he plays with and the fact that Slash has mentioned before about a song being "a little too Axl"

Oh yeah...for sure. Estranged and NR definitely fall in to that category.

Now that I think about it the Conspirators did a really good job with Double talkin Jive too.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »

Does Slash do WTTJ without Axl?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2016, 09:28:29 AM »

yes, frequently.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2016, 09:31:44 AM »

Yeah a few times I think... Myles doesn't sing it tho... I think its Todd Kerns, the bass player who sings Jungle... he DOESN'T do a great job at it lol

There is a YOU TUBE of one performance of it somewhere in South America... the crowd went ape shit.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: