Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7  (Read 164622 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:44 PM »

So, it's $250 for all standing, or is there a front pit?

Personally, I think that's INCREDIBLY expensive. I simply couldn't afford that.

It's not cheap, but when you put it in context that this is their first show in 23 years (slash n axl).. and the demand for it.. i think its about right.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2016, 04:59:45 PM »

Yeah, $250 for GA...seats are anywhere from $79 (nosebleed) to $350.  
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2016, 05:05:01 PM »

This is why you are getting kicked out.

FFS. What's wrong with liking the hits.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »

I thought the same thing... If I wanna go with my wife it's like 550 dollars with the "service fees" or whatever. Just too much for me. I'm glad for all the fans who got to get tickets and are able to afford those, but it's totally out of my league. I'm sure it's gonna be a great show though! Enjoy everyone! peace

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2016, 05:07:05 PM »

I wish i could get to Vegas to go but traveling on a fixed income plus the tickets just isn't realistic. I'd gladly settle for the $79 tickets just to be in the building would be enough for me honestly.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2016, 05:07:13 PM »

Super excited for these shows.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »

Well, this is all very exciting.

Can't wait to have you kicked out of the show.

Are they still playing this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

This is why you are getting kicked out.
How can you kick AdZ out if he's the third guitarist??  Huh
Maybe he was only asking about that song so he can narrow down his choices for his solo.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2016, 05:10:21 PM »

I thought the same thing... If I wanna go with my wife it's like 550 dollars with the "service fees" or whatever. Just too much for me. I'm glad for all the fans who got to get tickets and are able to afford those, but it's totally out of my league. I'm sure it's gonna be a great show though! Enjoy everyone!

Yeah its probably a price singles can pay, but if you take your partner it starts to become quite expensive.. and you would add in booze and whatever else before the gig.. starts to add up.

I fall into the second category, where ive got a partner and a newborn, so that sort of cash is a lot to me right now.. 3 years ago... i wouldnt have sneazed at it.  Tongue

I'd still find the money somehow if they come to a city close to me though. Smiley
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:22 PM »

I thought the same thing... If I wanna go with my wife it's like 550 dollars with the "service fees" or whatever. Just too much for me. I'm glad for all the fans who got to get tickets and are able to afford those, but it's totally out of my league. I'm sure it's gonna be a great show though! Enjoy everyone! peace

Yeah, I'm happy for those rich people that can afford it, but it makes me sad. I knew the tour might be a bit pricey, but this is extreme. Guess it's aimed at the rich casuals, rather than the hardcore that just lead normal lives.

I know I'll probably get criticized for saying this, but that's how it is. Some things are just out of reach. I'm sad concerts by a band i've loved all my life now seem to be some of them.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm happy for those rich people that can afford it, but it makes me sad. I knew the tour might be a bit pricey, but this is extreme. Guess it's aimed at the rich casuals, rather than the hardcore that just lead normal lives.

I know I'll probably get criticized for saying this, but that's how it is. Some things are just out of reach. I'm sad concerts by a band i've loved all my life now seem to be some of them.

I'm there with u guys, that is why I told my wife I might go solo and she understands, can't afford 2 tickets, maybe one, with a lot of effort. Hopefully the tour is gonna be more affordable and this is only because is their firsts shows.
To the ones that can afford them, good! enjoy and have a blast !
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2016, 05:33:48 PM »

I think part of the thing with the prices is the location. Places like Vegas, L.A. NYC are almost always more then other cities. It's market value. Some cities things just cost more then say a smaller market city.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2016, 05:39:11 PM »

While I understand the situation with ticket prices and so on, I think it's a shame that yet another thread about something positive has so quickly turned... Sour.

People have been saying for years and decades how the band needs to get Slash and Duff back and how it will be amazing. Now it's happening and we got this.
Yes, I know it sucks that the prices aren't set so that everyone can afford the best tickets or have a chance of obtaining them. But that's life.

I also suspect that this isn't A: GN'R specific or B: The only time these issues will be brought up.

So my suggestion is for all those, who want to discuss ticket pricing and how it should be for everyone to be happy, to start a new thread preferably in The Jungle section.
Thank you.

Sorry to be such an asshole and spoiling your fun.
But I'm not interested in having any possible new threads about shows to be about ticket prices....  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2016, 05:41:59 PM »

While I understand the situation with ticket prices and so on, I think it's a shame that yet another thread about something positive has so quickly turned... Sour.

People have been saying for years and decades how the band needs to get Slash and Duff back and how it will be amazing. Now it's happening and we got this.
Yes, I know it sucks that the prices aren't set so that everyone can afford the best tickets or have a chance of obtaining them. But that's life.

I also suspect that this isn't A: GN'R specific or B: The only time these issues will be brought up.

So my suggestion is for all those, who want to discuss ticket pricing and how it should be for everyone to be happy, to start a new thread preferably in The Jungle section.
Thank you.

But I'm not interested in having any possible new threads about shows to be about ticket prices....  peace

/jarmo
Yeah it definitely isn't GNR specific. Just look at recent prices from tours last year by the stones, the eagles, fleetwood mac and Rush etc. All Similar to these prices. And like i said some of it is the location. Some cities market value is just higher then others. In places like Vegas, NYC and L.A. You are just gonna pay more then say Albany or Minneapolis or Nashville because that's the local market value. Does it suck for those who can't afford in those areas? Of course but that's just how it is.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:46:27 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2016, 05:47:12 PM »

Thank you.

/jarmo

I think it's still relevant though, We're all super-excited, and a few of us are let down by the pricing- I think it's ok to say this. There's not many people who praise GNR more than me in life. If we can't discuss the shows properly (i.e. the practicalities of actually attending etc) then perhaps this forum isn't the place for me. I don't want to pretend issues don't exist.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2016, 05:53:59 PM »

To be fair Jarmo, 99% of the posts today have been positive.

I don't think the people disappointed by the ticket prices are downplaying the excitement around the comeback. Rather just disappointed they aren't able to attend.

I also think they shouldn't totally write off attending a show this year. I think when a whole tour is announced, with 100 times more tickets in circulation, it'll get easier to get the cheapest tickets.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »

You should read what I said.

I didn't say you can't discuss the practicalities of attending. We've always done that.
That's why I post links to all kinds of information like maps, hotel info, timezone and so on in the GN'R On Tour section for each show.

If you're interested in talking about ticket prices, you're free to do so in a specific thread. Instead of every thread dedicated to a possible show.
As you might have realized, the ones going might not be that interested in whether or not somebody else isn't attending or what they think of the ticket prices....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »

I don't know if everyone has seen the trailer yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXVtLNgzGk
Pretty cool stuff!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2016, 06:00:53 PM »

I don't know if everyone has seen the trailer yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXVtLNgzGk
Pretty cool stuff!
Seen it! Very cool to see Slash and Duff in it now.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2016, 06:01:22 PM »

Yeah, it's cool.

They've added it to the official site as well. Smiley

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2016, 06:03:13 PM »

You should read what I said.

I didn't say you can't discuss the practicalities of attending. We've always done that.
That's why I post links to all kinds of information like maps, hotel info, timezone and so on in the GN'R On Tour section for each show.

If you're interested in talking about ticket prices, you're free to do so in a specific thread. Instead of every thread dedicated to a possible show.
As you might have realized, the ones going might not be that interested in whether or not somebody else isn't attending or what they think of the ticket prices....

/jarmo

But in a thread about a show isn't it a reasonable point that a few posters are making? if another gig got announced and prices were the same, I'm sure nobody would be saying it, as we'd expect it.  Some of us are just a little surprised (especially as the 7 previous times I've seen GNR tickets have been very affordable).
I'm sure people attending don't care, as they CAN afford it, but surely saying that others aren't interested in our opinions negates the entire purpose of a fan forum? We're ultimately all airing opinions and views on here- isn't that the point of a forum?

Yeah, we can open another thread about prices, but it seems totally unnecessary really. No one is being negative about the band- we're just expressing views and thoughts.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: