Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Line-up theory
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Line-up theory  (Read 3389 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: January 16, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »

Thought about this scenario.

What if Guns N' Roses officially from now on is Axl, Slash and Duff. Period.

If they record new music, different drummers may be used on different tracks, maybe both Richard and Izzy plays on the same album, but different songs and so on. The three consistent guys on all tracks will be Axl, Slash and Duff.

For live shows they are free to compose different line-ups of both newer and older members depending on the other people's schedules and nature of the tour. They are considered touring members.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »

I don't think so. GN'R is not Nine Inch Nails.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:14:18 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 05:25:35 PM »

NIN is one person though.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:30:31 PM »

If they record new music, different drummers may be used on different tracks, maybe both Richard and Izzy plays on the same album, but different songs and so on. The three consistent guys on all tracks will be Axl, Slash and Duff.

For live shows they are free to compose different line-ups of both newer and older members depending on the other people's schedules and nature of the tour. They are considered touring members.

You could be correct.  We have no idea what was negotiated behind the scenes to make this a reality, so who knows?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »

It just dawned on me while looking at the user profiles of the band members on Nightrain. I'm not saying it's definitely done deliberately, but this is how the members are titled:

Duff is a Guns N Roses member.
Slash is a Guns N Roses member.
Axl Rose is a Guns N Roses member.
Richard Fortus has been a member of this site for 4 years.
Frank Ferrer has been a member of this site for 4 years.
Dizzy has been a member of this site for 4 years.
Chris Pitman has been a member of this site for 4 years.

It could of course be a temporary thing before a final official line-up is announced, but I was thinking... why not this "3 man band" possibility.

I should add that in the past Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Chris had the same title as Axl, Slash and Duff now have.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »

I would be very curious to know the new business relationship of Axl, Slash and Duff..
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 05:52:58 PM »

I can't see a reason why Dizzy (26 years in the band) , Pitman (18 years in the band), Fortus (15 years in the band) and Ferrer (9 1/2 years in the band) should be downgraded to be touring members. That's senseless.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 05:56:18 PM »

Yeah, but that would be the only difference.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:38:24 PM by Sosso » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »

I can't see a reason why Dizzy (26 years in the band) , Pitman (18 years in the band), Fortus (15 years in the band) and Ferrer (9 1/2 years in the band) should be downgraded to be touring members. That's senseless.

Well if they are employees they are not band members...   That's how I look at it.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 06:13:06 PM »

Well if they are employees they are not band members...   That's how I look at it.

In addition, not to disrespect, but if any of those guys were out or only part time..it would NOT cause one less person to show up for the concerts
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 06:47:22 PM »

In addition, not to disrespect, but if any of those guys were out or only part time..it would NOT cause one less person to show up for the concerts

That's very true

Even though I think Pittman brings a good sound to the band.  I don't think there are too many extra tickets sold with his name on the bill
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »

Yeah, but that be the only difference.

It's quite big.

Sweetness is a virtue
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 10:30:45 PM »

"Guns N' Roses" is Axl Rose only. Slash and Duff are now players in "Guns N' Roses."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: