Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank Ferrer: Everything You Need to Know About the Guns N? Roses Drummer !!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank Ferrer: Everything You Need to Know About the Guns N? Roses Drummer !!!  (Read 3873 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« on: January 12, 2016, 08:51:58 PM »

Frank Ferrer 101: Everything You Need to Know About the Guns N? Roses Drummer

Guns N? Roses fans are thrilled that Slash and Duff McKagan are ready for a reunion with Axl Rose, but they?re not the only guys in the group?s current version of the band. With that in mind, here?s a look at some highlights from the career of drummer Frank Ferrer.

Ferrer released his first major-label recordings with the Beautiful, a New York-based band that gigged throughout the late ?80s and early ?90s while putting out a pair of releases through the Warners subsidiary Giant. Following that group?s dissolution, he joined up with the Psychedelic Furs offshoot Love Spit Love, where he first met his future GNR bandmate Richard Fortus ? and when the Furs reunited in 2000, he joined Fortus as part of the group?s touring lineup, performing with them for the better part of the ensuing decade. Although Fortus quickly went on to join Guns N? Roses shortly after the Furs reunited, his association with the band ? and with Ferrer ? continued, both at reunion gigs and via their own side project, the new band the Compulsions. While juggling ongoing commitments to other acts, they managed to cut a full-length Compulsions LP, titled Beat the Devil, in 2011. That creative partnership came in handy for Ferrer in 2006, when drummer Bryan ?Brain? Mantia took a leave of absence from GNR. Given that he?d worked extensively with Fortus ? and had also played with Guns bassist Tommy Stinson ? Ferrer was a natural choice for Mantia?s replacement, and although the gig was supposed to last for only a couple of weeks, he was an official member by the end of the year. Ferrer has remained busy during downtime between Guns commitments, performing with an eclectic array of artists that includes Tool and Perry Farrell as well as Wyclef Jean and the German pop singer Nena (also a former employer of Fortus?). Meanwhile, he and Fortus have continued to tighten their own musical bond, with Ferrer joining Fortus? all-star rock collective Dead Daisies for a 2013 tour and an EP the following year.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-frank-ferrer/?trackback=fbshare_top_flat_3

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »

this is the kind of guy you want in your band. super professional musician, reliable, no bs about him, not a million other things going on and therefore in a position to put guns first... hes yer man. plus he looks like a big teddy bear.

matt sorum- gnarly poodle
steven adler- robert plants long lost brother
bryan mantia- insect man (praying mantis?)
frank ferrer- big teddy bear

just playing around. they are all handsome dudes.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:05:18 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 09:57:51 PM »

GNR 4Ever Good Musics

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 10:08:08 PM »

Good music indeed! Cheers old boy  beer

DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:06:25 PM »

I've been playing drums for 18 years. I will say this: Frank is a solid drummer. Super solid.

However Brain was a super good drummer. Great style for GN'R. Matt was one of the reasons I picked up drumsticks. And Josh Freese is my favorite drummer of all time. Would've loved to have seen him live with GN'R. That would've been epic.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 11:17:39 PM »

I've been playing drums for 18 years. I will say this: Frank is a solid drummer. Super solid.

However Brain was a super good drummer. Great style for GN'R. Matt was one of the reasons I picked up drumsticks. And Josh Freese is my favorite drummer of all time. Would've loved to have seen him live with GN'R. That would've been epic.

Brain Mr. Brownstone Version 2002  love Funky Style, Amazing !!

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 03:04:07 AM »

i think its amazing axl managed to land artists like josh freese and buckethead. those guys are the geniuses of geniuses.

frank seems so jolly. he must be great to have around. he looks like the kind of guy youd never have a disagreement with. not that i know him, but he just looks that way to me. hes a nice guy, i can smell it.

DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 07:22:47 AM »

Frank does seem like a really cool guy. It's always nice when you like the people you have to work with. Beats the shit out of the alternative!!!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 08:43:02 AM »

I thought Frank was Brains drum tech....,
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 08:51:26 AM »

i think its amazing axl managed to land artists like josh freese and buckethead. those guys are the geniuses of geniuses.

frank seems so jolly. he must be great to have around. he looks like the kind of guy youd never have a disagreement with. not that i know him, but he just looks that way to me. hes a nice guy, i can smell it.

It's TRUE !!!

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:09 AM »

this is the kind of guy you want in your band. super professional musician, reliable, no bs about him, not a million other things going on and therefore in a position to put guns first... hes yer man. plus he looks like a big teddy bear.

matt sorum- gnarly poodle
steven adler- robert plants long lost brother
bryan mantia- insect man (praying mantis?)
frank ferrer- big teddy bear

just playing around. they are all handsome dudes.

hihi
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »

I love that he was in Love Spit Love. Great band!

But yes, Frank is a great drummer and plays as good as Sorum or Adler. Very intense. He plays the older material greatly.

I'd be just fine if he's the drummer for the reunion.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: