Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:44:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Setlist predictions / dreams / wishes for 2016
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist predictions / dreams / wishes for 2016  (Read 29419 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2016, 04:22:28 PM »

I think it's safe to say that if Izzy, Steven etc. take part, it's going to be restricted to guest spots. And that's fine. Better they put on a long show with all the songs we love, rather than an hour and a half AFD5 nostalgia fest, for 50 yr old fans to dump their collective muck to.

It sounds like you think GN?R would be in some way handicapped if Izzy and Steven were involved.
You realize that the only albums they don?t play on are the Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy, right?
The two albums that have been all but forgotten by the majority of GN?R?s fanbase.

I personally would love to hear some Spaghetti songs thrown in, and I?m sure there?s someone out there that would like to hear some Chinese era material, but you must realize we are very much in the minority.

I will be in Vegas, and enjoy myself regardless if Izzy/Steven are there, but it would certainly be more enjoyable to see the total package up on stage.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2016, 04:23:48 PM »

I think his point was that if it was the AFD5, it would be a more AFD heavy setlist and a shorter show.

I pretty much agree.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2016, 04:25:50 PM »

I think it's safe to say that if Izzy, Steven etc. take part, it's going to be restricted to guest spots. And that's fine. Better they put on a long show with all the songs we love, rather than an hour and a half AFD5 nostalgia fest, for 50 yr old fans to dump their collective muck to.

It sounds like you think GN?R would be in some way handicapped if Izzy and Steven were involved.
You realize that the only albums they don?t play on are the Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy, right?
The two albums that have been all but forgotten by the majority of GN?R?s fanbase.

I personally would love to hear some Spaghetti songs thrown in, and I?m sure there?s someone out there that would like to hear some Chinese era material, but you must realize we are very much in the minority.

I will be in Vegas, and enjoy myself regardless if Izzy/Steven are there, but it would certainly be more enjoyable to see the total package up on stage.

Don't get me wrong, I too will be in Vegas and will loose my mind if Izzy or Steven come out for a guest spot(s). I'm just saying I can't see Steven on songs like Coma, Breakdown, YCBM, Estranged, Pretty Tied Up (just to name some.).  The only one he could maybe play is Civil War. And those are all songs I'm hoping the big 3 dust off together.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »

It's so Easy
Live and Let die
Better (Richard on Lead)
*Axl talks about current lineup
You Could Be Mine (ladies a gentlemen, Frank Ferrer)
Catcher In The Rye
Slash/Richard duo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Chinese Democracy (classic 2002 version)
November Rain
Nightrain
Street Of Dreams
Raw Power
Yesterday's
There Was A Time

Encore:
Rocket Queen
Patience
Estranged
Paradise City

You want to see a GNR show without Welcome To The Jungle?

I shake my head at these sometimes...but that has to take the cake!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2016, 05:26:22 PM »

If Axl tries to pull off Coma.....no way in hell!

Sticking to my gut feeling....Izzy will be involved more than people think....too much cash to be had and maybe only one bite at the reunion apple. Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2016, 05:35:30 PM »

It's so Easy
Live and Let die
Better (Richard on Lead)
*Axl talks about current lineup
You Could Be Mine (ladies a gentlemen, Frank Ferrer)
Catcher In The Rye
Slash/Richard duo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Chinese Democracy (classic 2002 version)
November Rain
Nightrain
Street Of Dreams
Raw Power
Yesterday's
There Was A Time

Encore:
Rocket Queen
Patience
Estranged
Paradise City

You want to see a GNR show without Welcome To The Jungle?

I shake my head at these sometimes...but that has to take the cake!
I forgot to put that in. But, I wouldn't really mind if they took it off for a few shows. I know a lot of fans are casual who only listen to a few songs so it's a important song to keep people interested.

Honestly, I my opinion ("dream" set list) there is a lot of songs I like better than jungle

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2016, 05:37:20 PM »

They don't play Jungle and you got a riot on your hands....literally. Those tickets are pretty expensive.  hihi

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2016, 05:39:13 PM »

This is probably the worst set list possible:
0. NOT Welcome To the jungle
1. Guitar solo
2. Rant
3. My world
4. Piano solo
5. 10 minute intermission
6. Never Gonna give you up
7. Axl Rant
8. Dizzy Reed bongo solo
9. The asshole song (2002)

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »

If Axl tries to pull off Coma.....no way in hell!

Sticking to my gut feeling....Izzy will be involved more than people think....too much cash to be had and maybe only one bite at the reunion apple. Undecided

He could probably do coma. If there was a time is "the hardest fucker we do" then I'm sure they can pull it off.

-HugeAxlfan
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »

Coma would be harder than TWAT....hands down...just my 2.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2016, 05:47:03 PM »

They used to say 'Coma' was a bitch with all the tempo changes.

But every live version I have, and I have 3 of the 4, they crush it.  Sounds really good.  Band and Axl.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2016, 05:49:33 PM »

Band would be fine....the outro for Ax would be tough at his age.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2016, 05:50:42 PM »

Band would be fine....the outro for Ax would be tough at his age.

Yeah, perhaps.

But even back in the day, he did that part pretty much stand still.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »

They used to say 'Coma' was a bitch with all the tempo changes.

But every live version I have, and I have 3 of the 4, they crush it.  Sounds really good.  Band and Axl.
That Live Era b-side did have a fuck up. If I remember correctly, Gilby hitting a wrong chord (no wonder with so many changes). Tongue

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2016, 06:58:59 PM »

Coma would be harder than TWAT....hands down...just my 2.

They're both bitches for different reasons.

TWAT- Insane guitar solo, long screams, crazy keyboard

Coma- insane guitar solo, a shit ton of lyrics, tempo change

Also locomotive is probably pretty hard, but these two are harder

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2016, 07:02:04 PM »

I think a lot of people want to hear CD songs and TSI. Honestly, I bet the setlist will be similar considering they are not making a completely new band, just adding two new members.

A reunion would be if they kicked out everyone and got old members, in this case a few people wanted to leave to work on other bands, so Axl needed two new members. Bam, you got slash and duff. Not really a full blown 1987 reunion, which is fine by me because I don't really give a shit about that. I hope Axl brings CD with slash solos, and hopefully soon.

-HugeAxlfan
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »

I think a lot of people want to hear CD songs and TSI. Honestly, I bet the setlist will be similar considering they are not making a completely new band, just adding two new members.

A reunion would be if they kicked out everyone and got old members, in this case a few people wanted to leave to work on other bands, so Axl needed two new members. Bam, you got slash and duff. Not really a full blown 1987 reunion, which is fine by me because I don't really give a shit about that. I hope Axl brings CD with slash solos, and hopefully soon.

Really?

I dont know ANYONE (off these boards, in real life) who would subscribe to this opinion.

Roll Eyes
coolranchdressing
Opening Act

« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2016, 08:33:54 PM »

A fan favourite (including mine) is Estranged...would be nice to hear
I would love a good ol' rand from Axl

I wonder if the jumbo trons would display hot ladies prior to the show like years before

I hope no drum solos...
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2016, 09:21:40 PM »

Really?

I dont know ANYONE (off these boards, in real life) who would subscribe to this opinion.

Roll Eyes

Well yes, most casual fans off boards setlist would probably look like this:

Jungle
It's so easy
Sweet Child O' Mine
KOHD
November rain
Patience
Civil War (maybe)
Better (maybe)
Estranged
Don't Cry
Paradise City

-
A lot of people are missing out on really good songs that are underrated. Example: Most songs off of CD, a few on TSI, most of UYI. Of course people only give a lot of songs only one chance and coming to the conclusion the whole album sucks.

In reality (my opinion) no GNR album is bad.

-HugeAxlfan
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »

Really?

Roll Eyes

Well yes, most casual fans off boards setlist would probably look like this:

Jungle
It's so easy
Sweet Child O' Mine
KOHD
November rain
Patience
Civil War (maybe)
Better (maybe)
Estranged
Don't Cry
Paradise City

-
A lot of people are missing out on really good songs that are underrated. Example: Most songs off of CD, a few on TSI, most of UYI. Of course people only give a lot of songs only one chance and coming to the conclusion the whole album sucks.

In reality (my opinion) no GNR album is bad.

^^ Fair call. I have a lot friends who follow music and specifically guns who will not have a bar of CD but they love all of appetite and Illusions, as well as TSI. . I'm not for telling people what they can and cant like... but i reside firmly in the basket of my like for guns stops before CD. Thats just my personal opinion. And im not bagging out anyone who loves CD... or wants CD stuff in their set list for these shows. I'd prefer other stuff getting a run well before CD, stuff that doesnt always get played, and with Slash n Duff back, id like to see right next door to hell, yesterdays,  dust n bones, Perfect crime... the list goes on...

That's just me though.   
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: