Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:46:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD songs you want to hear Slash jam on live
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD songs you want to hear Slash jam on live  (Read 22761 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2016, 10:19:51 AM »

Would it be awkward for Slash to play 'Sorry' considering the lyrics seem to be directed at him ("You know where to put your 'Just shut up and sing'")?

It could be about a manager though.. the label..

I think ''difference is nobody cares about you" is proof that its not about Slash.
Slash has tons of fans.. clearly a lot of people care about slash Smiley Even Axl knows that.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2016, 10:31:50 AM »

Would it be awkward for Slash to play 'Sorry' considering the lyrics seem to be directed at him ("You know where to put your 'Just shut up and sing'")?

It could be about a manager though.. the label..

I think ''difference is nobody cares about you" is proof that its not about Slash.
Slash has tons of fans.. clearly a lot of people care about slash Smiley Even Axl knows that.

I always took the Sorry lyrics as a "if the cap fits" situation, aimed at a composite of whoever is appropriate.

Personally, I'm fascinated at the possibility of Slash adding to any of the newer material live, particularly Catcher and Madagascar - but also, what about Axl singing Slash/VR/Duff songs?  Is that a possibility if they indeed tour longer sets after Coachella? If so, +1 for Fall to Pieces  ok

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2016, 10:59:49 AM »

I would like to listen to 2 CD songs top max per show, that being said I would like Slash to play:

- Street of Dreams
- This I Love
- Catcher in the Rye
- Better

peace
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »

Axl:

With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended. For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.

Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable [chinesedemocracy.com, December 13, 2008]

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2016, 01:06:29 PM »

I would be extremely surprised if they played anything other than AFD and UYI songs. I just don't see CD songs happening, sort of like rubbing it in the face of Slash when he was gone.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2016, 01:08:08 PM »

I would be extremely surprised if they played anything other than AFD and UYI songs. I just don't see CD songs happening, sort of like rubbing it in the face of Slash when he was gone.

Slash is on record saying he really liked Chinese Democracy... so who knows.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »

Better, Chinese Democracy, Sorry, and Shackler's Revenge.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »

Well he was on record saying that he was so happy to hear Axl's voice after so much time and that he sounded great... I don't think he heard the songs and went oh I wish I was a part of that record and the style of those songs.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »

Well he was on record saying that he was so happy to hear Axl's voice after so much time and that he sounded great... I don't think he heard the songs and went oh I wish I was a part of that record and the style of those songs.

It's not a style Slash would play in on a record I agree.

I just think, some songs on CD is quite close to something Slash would be comfortable playing. If the line-up indeed consists of Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Chris (+ the 3 legends), you then have a band where 5 of the 7 guys was part of an album by that band. I don't think Slash would be totally opposed to playing a couple of tunes from that album.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »

Sorry is clearly about Slash... I think that is pretty certain.

I always thought Spectacle was about Axl? Who knows?

I would love to hear him burn on This I Love

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »

In Japan 2009 Osaka (I think) Axl says before playing Sorry, that the song ISN'T about Slash.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2016, 02:40:38 PM »

I'm quite sure Scott wrote every VR lyric... and I also seriously doubt he was writing lyrics about Axl Rose.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2016, 02:55:51 PM »

Honestly, unless he's contractually obligated to do so, I don't see Slash playing any Chi Dem songs.  He might want to take a crack at This I Love, but that's really it.

I know Duff did it when he was filling in for Tommy, but that was Duff joining the Chinese Democracy touring band.  This is way different.

Now, if Slash is secretly recording on tracks that were originally conceived during the Chi Dem sessions, that's a different story.  But tracks like TWAT, Better, IRS (songs I love) I really don't think are in the cards.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2016, 04:30:55 PM »

Honestly, unless he's contractually obligated to do so, I don't see Slash playing any Chi Dem songs.  He might want to take a crack at This I Love, but that's really it.

I know Duff did it when he was filling in for Tommy, but that was Duff joining the Chinese Democracy touring band.  This is way different.

Now, if Slash is secretly recording on tracks that were originally conceived during the Chi Dem sessions, that's a different story.  But tracks like TWAT, Better, IRS (songs I love) I really don't think are in the cards.

Don't understand why so many of you think this way.  Slash will be the ONLY person on that stage who hasn't played the CD songs. Do you think he's that petty that he'll refuse to play them??  Or do you think he doesn't have the talent/range to play them??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2016, 07:55:34 PM »

Don't understand why so many of you think this way.  Slash will be the ONLY person on that stage who hasn't played the CD songs. Do you think he's that petty that he'll refuse to play them??  Or do you think he doesn't have the talent/range to play them??
Don't get it either. I don't think is that far fetched to have Slash playing GNR songs he didn't write. Nobody is saying he needs to play exactly like the album. And those so-called "industrial vibe" will sound a lot like classic GNR with Slash's tone.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »

Agree.   In fact he may relish the opportunity to put his own spin on some of those solos.

This I Love was rumored to be from the UYI days, so he may have already played a solo on that song at one point.   
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2016, 08:38:39 PM »

I would like to listen to 2 CD songs top max per show, that being said I would like Slash to play:

- Street of Dreams
- This I Love
- Catcher in the Rye
- Better

peace

Agree 2 max

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 08:45:03 PM »

I would pay a lot to see

Slash play on TWAT.  With Buckethead.   

Slash could do Robins stuff.   With special guest Bucket. 
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 09:20:22 AM »

I always felt TWAT,Madascar and SOD would have fit perfectly on UYI..But for some reason I felt Slash belonged on TIL...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2016, 09:23:29 AM »

Not far fetched for a main player/performer not playing their "replacements" material...DLR in VH, Ace/Peter in KISS, Ozzy in Sabbath......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: