Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?  (Read 32695 times)
Annie
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2016, 10:55:23 AM »

My issue with Steven is that as well as being mouthy his addictive personality is a huge risk.  Mr Brownstone sums it up perfectly

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
Said a little better than before

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better

\so you can see that if he did 1 song per show he'd want to do 2 and so on, then if he did a whole show he'd be bummed at not do this song or that song. I'm fearful of not being able to contain the Genie once its out of the lamp.
Exactly.  Stevie is addicted to attention even more than drugs and alcohol.  Why else would he go on a celebrity rehab show.  He is only keeping quiet right now cuz he is so desperate to be included.  If he is not included he will bitch.  If he is included he will want more and more for the spotlight to be on him.  The band is in a no win situation with a narcissist like him.

Gee, if only this band had an opinionated frontman that owned the name of the band and could put his foot down and require a take it or leave it deal for Steven (e.g., you play X amount of shows and/or X amount of songs).  And if only there were other drummers out there that could step in at a moment?s notice.  Then, all of this could be controlled for. 

We get it.  You don?t like Steven.  Doesn?t mean he shouldn?t get the chance to play, the extent to which could pretty easily be defined by Axl.

Nothing Axl did for Steven in the past was good enough.  Nothing he and the band will do now or in the future will be good enough.  Just my .02. If there is any weak link in this reunion it will be his involvement.   
He is a bottomless pit . Think of Frank Gallagher in SHAMELESS
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:02:52 AM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2016, 11:07:57 AM »

People download the music for free. Or listen on Spotify (often the best case scenario).
Then complain that the bands tour to make money.... 

Undecided

/jarmo

I think a lot of people saying ''Cash Grab'' mostly mean "I hope they don't do it JUST for the money''.

I think Slash and Axl live is cool and all, but Im hoping this means new music.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2016, 11:15:21 AM »

My issue with Steven is that as well as being mouthy his addictive personality is a huge risk.  Mr Brownstone sums it up perfectly

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better

\so you can see that if he did 1 song per show he'd want to do 2 and so on, then if he did a whole show he'd be bummed at not do this song or that song. I'm fearful of not being able to contain the Genie once its out of the lamp.
Exactly.  Stevie is addicted to attention even more than drugs and alcohol.  Why else would he go on a celebrity rehab show.  He is only keeping quiet right now cuz he is so desperate to be included.  If he is not included he will bitch.  If he is included he will want more and more for the spotlight to be on him.  The band is in a no win situation with a narcissist like him.

Gee, if only this band had an opinionated frontman that owned the name of the band and could put his foot down and require a take it or leave it deal for Steven (e.g., you play X amount of shows and/or X amount of songs).  And if only there were other drummers out there that could step in at a moment?s notice.  Then, all of this could be controlled for. 

We get it.  You don?t like Steven.  Doesn?t mean he shouldn?t get the chance to play, the extent to which could pretty easily be defined by Axl.

Its not I don't like Steven, its just I like GnfR's a lot more. TBH if Adler gets to play AFD material then I trust that the band have done their due diligence on him and there will be something kind of magic there, but it won't make me any less  nervous for the future of GnR. I'd take a safe punt over a romantic notion any day though...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:17:30 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »

Before I say anything else, it's obviously nice that there's interest in new music from GN'R.

But this regrouping, it's something some hoped for, for years and years. Now that it's happened, that alone isn't enough anymore? I mean, we don't know what their plans are, will they record anything together? Who knows. All we do know is that they have shows scheduled. Why not just enjoy that for a moment instead of starting this talking about how great it would be if they did other things as well....

Sorry if that offends anyone.
But if you win the jackpot on the lottery, do you start imagining how great it would've been to win even more?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better

Its not I don't like Steven, its just I like GnfR's a lot more. TBH if Adler gets to play AFD material then I trust that the band have done their due diligence on him and there will be something kind of magic there, but it won't make me any less  nervous for the future of GnR. I'd take a safe punt over a romantic notion any day though...
Exactly.  I get the nostalgia.  I really do.  I just think based on history any kindness that the band showed to Stevie only bit them in the ass.  If they want to include him for a few songs that is their choice and I will respect it.  But I will probably take a bathroom break during his performance. 
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2016, 11:41:39 AM »

Im sure Matt is out,thats what he cant speak,because the others ( duff & slash) have told him to not say anything that could be dangerous for the reunion.And he is out because Axl wants one drummer Frank Ferrer and he is studying to get Adler,becuase he deserves it at least for a few songs.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2016, 11:45:40 AM »

Hey Jarmo i couldn't agree with you more its like an addict, you feed them a little of their addiction and then they want more.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2016, 11:50:15 AM »

Before I say anything else, it's obviously nice that there's interest in new music from GN'R.

But this regrouping, it's something some hoped for, for years and years. Now that it's happened, that alone isn't enough anymore? I mean, we don't know what their plans are, will they record anything together? Who knows. All we do know is that they have shows scheduled. Why not just enjoy that for a moment instead of starting this talking about how great it would be if they did other things as well....

But if you win the jackpot on the lottery, do you start imagining how great it would've been to win even more?

/jarmo

Couldn't agree more. I am just so ecstatic this is happening...whatever happens in the future between this renewed partnership...all gravy.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

/jarmo

Well, Im just speaking for myself, but Ive been waiting for new music, long before Slash rejoined  hihi
Im not one of those reunionists  who have been waiting for 20 years for Slash to come back.
So he came back?.. woohoo !, can I Have new music pleasE?  hihi
Other people fear this ''cash grab'' not because they would be doing it for the money, but rather because if they do it for the money, it means they are not doing it for the music, because
"for the money", probably means fake, or short-lived. And that is not what we want.

But I do see what you mean, lets enjoy what we have and hope for the best.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »

/jarmo

I think people are just expressing what they hope will happen?because right now it?s unknown.  If Axl and Slash came out and said, ?we?re reuniting to tour and have no plans or intentions on creating or releasing new music? AND then people complained, I get your point.

But right now, everything is unknown.  Christ, we don?t even have official confirmation on the rest of the makeup of the band!  hihi While it?s unknown, where?s the harm in saying what you hope will happen?  It?s the same as saying you hope they tour more than Coachella, right?  Or should we all (for now) just be happy that we?re getting Coachella?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »

Or should we all (for now) just be happy that we?re getting Coachella?

I think that is what we says we should do. Live in the moment !  Grin Buddha stylee !

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2016, 12:20:43 PM »

I think people are just expressing what they hope will happen…because right now it’s unknown.  If Axl and Slash came out and said, “we’re reuniting to tour and have no plans or intentions on creating or releasing new music” AND then people complained, I get your point.

But right now, everything is unknown.  Christ, we don’t even have official confirmation on the rest of the makeup of the band!  hihi While it’s unknown, where’s the harm in saying what you hope will happen?  It’s the same as saying you hope they tour more than Coachella, right?  Or should we all (for now) just be happy that we’re getting Coachella?

I think there's a difference between hoping for more shows after a band has announced shows, compared to hoping for new songs....
In my opinion, those two aren't the same.

Now, if it was the other way around. That the news were about them recording together with no shows announced. Then the same would be true for hoping for shows.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »

All of the drummers bring a certain style that I enjoy. I've enjoyed Frank's drumming when I've seen him live on recent tours. Can I vote someone else in? How about Orestes Morfin? ha!

x
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2016, 01:00:26 PM »

I think people are just expressing what they hope will happen?because right now it?s unknown.  If Axl and Slash came out and said, ?we?re reuniting to tour and have no plans or intentions on creating or releasing new music? AND then people complained, I get your point.

But right now, everything is unknown.  Christ, we don?t even have official confirmation on the rest of the makeup of the band!  hihi While it?s unknown, where?s the harm in saying what you hope will happen?  It?s the same as saying you hope they tour more than Coachella, right?  Or should we all (for now) just be happy that we?re getting Coachella?

I think there's a difference between hoping for more shows after a band has announced shows, compared to hoping for new songs....
In my opinion, those two aren't the same.

Now, if it was the other way around. That the news were about them recording together with no shows announced. Then the same would be true for hoping for shows.  ok

/jarmo

confused  Now Im confused. hahha
So in your eyes. IF you're told music is being recording and you hope more songs are being recorded, that is ok. But hoping for shows as well is not ok ?
ANd the other way around, if shows are being announced and you hope more shows will be announced that is ok. But hoping for recordings isnt ?

I don't see the logic in that, its still wanting more than you're being told.

I'd be ok if you told me to just be content with what we are given and not get your hopes up about anything in order to remain positive. For example, We have coachella. Don't hope for anything else, just enjoy it ! because if we don't have anything else you'll complain !
That would be ok.. in an ideal world?.

in the contrary Im also ok with  people having all kinds of wishes for the band, from setlists, to hair/beard styles to songs and wardrobe. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2016, 01:46:03 PM »

Shows announced: Wishing more shows makes more sense than to wish for something that isn't related to shows.
It's all about shows. It makes sense in a way.

It's like you're invited to a barbecue, and you expect soup. You don't necessarily think soup will be served because it's a barbecue!  hihi

What I meant was that if they had announced that this regrouping is for studio work only, then I'd say the same thing.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2016, 01:54:48 PM »

I think it's okay to be cautiously optimistic about the Axl/Slash/Duff trio making new music together soon.  Especially when you consider that Axl has an album that's more or less ready to go.  Why not let them make there mark on some of the tracks, especially when you consider the fact that it would likely increase sales of the album tenfold. Axl's no dummy. He knows that, especially after Coachella sold out in an hour.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2016, 02:10:03 PM »

No problem with being optimistic. Just saying that we know what we got, and we don't know what else we might get.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2016, 02:14:03 PM »

I don't think anyone takes offense at that mindset.

But a number of us do express puzzlement over your apparent fear and distrust over simple conversation.  You are always in such a hurry to shut shit down, tell people that certain conversations should not be had.  It's odd.

The reality is that these shows aren't for 90 days.  What the hell are we supposed to in the meantime?  Sit on our hands?

People are just throwing out theories and discussing what is an exciting time for the fanbase, the most exciting time in some time, frankly.  No harm is meant by any of it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »

No problem with being optimistic. Just saying that we know what we got, and we don't know what else we might get.

/jarmo

I agree that people hinging their satisfaction or happiness as a fan on new music are almost as bad as the "Adler on drums or it's all bullshit" people.  The Axl/Slash reunion no one thought would happen is happening....That's enough for now.  Anything more is just a massive bonus.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »

I don't think anyone takes offense at that mindset.

But a number of us do express puzzlement over your apparent fear and distrust over simple conversation.  You are always in such a hurry to shut shit down, tell people that certain conversations should not be had.  It's odd.

The reality is that these shows aren't for 90 days.  What the hell are we supposed to in the meantime?  Sit on our hands?

People are just throwing out theories and discussing what is an exciting time for the fanbase, the most exciting time in some time, frankly.  No harm is meant by any of it.

Yeah, I do love a good "what if" scenario.  I'll tell ya, if GNR drops a new album with Slash and Duff on it AND tours, how is this not the best year for GNR fans since 1991?  It'd almost be too much...Almost.  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: