Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:44:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?  (Read 32707 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2016, 03:48:22 PM »

I?ve seen the light.
Adler shouldn?t be involved because Adler says mean things, and mean things make me very sad.
Welcome to the reunion, Frank. And Rich. And Pitman.
Allow me to introduce you to Slash, the person whom you are reuniting with after all these years.
Oh, how the fans have longed for this day.

So, like, when someone gives you an awesome gift, are you one of those spoiled kids who goes "Aww man, a really wanted a....."? Cuz that's how you sound here.  Like a kid who needs everything exactly the way you want it for it to have any merit.
no, I think that pretty much sums up Steven Adler.
 He will NEVER be truly pacified with a few guest spots. NEVER!
 I can understand the band wanting to be generous and noble. there is a lot of nostalgia for some folks.
But it will end up biting GNR in the ass.
 Word to the motherf**er, straight outta the CTA!

You guys are all confused.

LongGone IS Adler.  That's his HTGTH account.

FYI...as if I need to caveat: I'm joking, here...

I will neither confirm nor deny that I am/not Steven Adler.
I do however vote for me/him.

You would have to shout it from the Toppest Mountain to convince me Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2016, 04:50:13 PM »

I?ve seen the light.
Adler shouldn?t be involved because Adler says mean things, and mean things make me very sad.
Allow me to introduce you to Slash, the person whom you are reuniting with after all these years.

So, like, when someone gives you an awesome gift, are you one of those spoiled kids who goes "Aww man, a really wanted a....."? Cuz that's how you sound here.  Like a kid who needs everything exactly the way you want it for it to have any merit.
 I can understand the band wanting to be generous and noble. there is a lot of nostalgia for some folks.

You have had far too many good posts with rational thoughts over the years to have been Steven Adler this whole time.  However, it is possible that Steven hacked this account a few weeks back when the Coachella news broke , that's when things started to get weird.   hihi
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »

I?ve seen the light.

You would have to shout it from the Toppest Mountain to convince me Cheesy

"I bet you ::inaudible:: twenty five fuckin ::inaudible:: it'll be that PIECE OF SHIT Matt Sorum..."
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »

All eyes on Axl and Slash either way....the rest is a sideshow for the masses. Tis true....that Coachella crowd won't give two shits about who the entire rhythm section is.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »

"I bet you ::inaudible:: twenty five fuckin ::inaudible:: it'll be that PIECE OF SHIT Matt Sorum..."

Yep.  One of my goto thoughts about that guy.

And that's talking about "his brother" Slash.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2016, 05:53:58 PM »

Why is this thread some in depth about this?

He's the original drummer, and had some major issues. I'm just saying that at least let the dude plays some full shows or songs at every show. It's not like hes a bad drummer and couldn't do it.

He wants this more than any of them for sure. If he's not involved in a part time way at least, then that's seriously fucked up.

I'm cool with Frank Ferrer doing drums. Or even Matt Sorum I guess, but Steven Adler is a good dude that just got so fucked up in it all man. He had some alchohol issues as recent as 2 years ago or so. Since then... for all we know he's doing well.

I would feel fairly uneasy about him getting the full time drummer gig for a tour yes. I'm saying maybe give him a shot at it, and have Ferrer or Sorum on standby. What is more likely is that Ferrer is the drummer, and that's fine, then Adler/Sorum get to play a couple shows or something. People tend to discount Adler and his contributions.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Annie
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »

Some of us just feel that his contributions were overrated. It is totally up to the band to decide if they want him involved. I just think it will cause them headaches no matter what they do.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2016, 07:19:15 PM »

Some of us just feel that his contributions were overrated. It is totally up to the band to decide if they want him involved. I just think it will cause them headaches no matter what they do.

I don't think they are overrated at all, he was a big piece of that first album. Most drummers would agree the groove of the backbone of that album is magical... My issue is essentially every day since he was removed from the band. It's similar in sports to Pete Rose... he has been given the chance to prove himself over time and he continues to fall on his face. Pete gambles to this day and while we haven't heard anything recently Steven has proven (even on an addiction reality show) that he really struggles with his demons. Also he can't keep his mouth shut...

With that said, from 1985-1988/89 he was great.
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2016, 03:31:30 AM »

I'd just want to see the AFD band play together one more time.  I'd like some closure.  I wish it could have been done at the HOF.
If this band is just getting back together, doing a cash grab of the old hits on a world tour, and not making new music then no Adler, or Izzy is a bit of a let down. 
If its just another jaunt around the world playing the same songs then why not make it a full reunion?

If this new version of the band Some new/Some old make an album together then it's another story. 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:33:09 AM by TokyoRose » Logged
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2016, 03:42:58 AM »

If this band is just getting back together, doing a cash grab of the old hits on a world tour, and not making new music then no Adler, or Izzy is a bit of a let down. 

That would be a huge let down anyways.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
overmatik
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2016, 03:50:57 AM »

The issue here is that the last major public appearance from Adler was on the HOF gig, and he was absolutely perfect there. But that was a fluke, that's not representative of what he is. That is why he doing the encores would be great, if we could have that Steven for 20 minutes every night.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2016, 05:21:47 AM »

My issue with Steven is that as well as being mouthy his addictive personality is a huge risk.  Mr Brownstone sums it up perfectly

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
Said a little better than before
I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better

\so you can see that if he did 1 song per show he'd want to do 2 and so on, then if he did a whole show he'd be bummed at not do this song or that song. I'm fearful of not being able to contain the Genie once its out of the lamp.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2016, 05:50:05 AM »

Steven doing Izzy-type appearances seems like the way to go if he's included.

Axl said so himself a couple years back, for a full, committed tour he only though Slash and Duff would be reliable enough.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:51:56 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Annie
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2016, 08:18:08 AM »

My issue with Steven is that as well as being mouthy his addictive personality is a huge risk.  Mr Brownstone sums it up perfectly

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better

\so you can see that if he did 1 song per show he'd want to do 2 and so on, then if he did a whole show he'd be bummed at not do this song or that song. I'm fearful of not being able to contain the Genie once its out of the lamp.
Exactly.  Stevie is addicted to attention even more than drugs and alcohol.  Why else would he go on a celebrity rehab show.  He is only keeping quiet right now cuz he is so desperate to be included.  If he is not included he will bitch.  If he is included he will want more and more for the spotlight to be on him.  The band is in a no win situation with a narcissist like him.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2016, 08:48:31 AM »

I saw and met Steven (well to say I met Steven is a stretch. I met a bunch of cocaine wrapped in flesh that vaguely resembled him) on the UK Adler's Appetite tour a few years back where he'd failed to pay his band, was drugged up and in the end hired a Guns tribute band to be his group when everyone else understandably bailed. And I'm pretty sure they didn't end up getting paid either.

Is that the element you want to bring into your multimillion dollar shows on which everything hinges?

Though on the other hand, just for balance, I'll present to you a comprehensive list of all the onstage and offstage fuck ups Frank Ferrer has been responsible for during his tenure with the band :

That was easy. Who would you go with?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2016, 09:39:39 AM »

That would be a huge let down anyways.

Was that your opinion on the past few years?  Which has been the exact same thing?

At least now we have a few more people that actually made the music.

Seems to me that so long as you were OK with the last 3 or so tours, you should be OK with this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »

Cash grab.  hihi

Why are bands touring? To lose money?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better

Exactly.  Stevie is addicted to attention even more than drugs and alcohol.  Why else would he go on a celebrity rehab show.  He is only keeping quiet right now cuz he is so desperate to be included.  If he is not included he will bitch.  If he is included he will want more and more for the spotlight to be on him.  The band is in a no win situation with a narcissist like him.

Gee, if only this band had an opinionated frontman that owned the name of the band and could put his foot down and require a take it or leave it deal for Steven (e.g., you play X amount of shows and/or X amount of songs).  And if only there were other drummers out there that could step in at a moment?s notice.  Then, all of this could be controlled for. 

We get it.  You don?t like Steven.  Doesn?t mean he shouldn?t get the chance to play, the extent to which could pretty easily be defined by Axl.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2016, 10:15:31 AM »

Cash grab.  hihi

Why are bands touring? To lose money?

Hahahaha

Yeah, that taunt never made any sense to me. 

Bands tour to make money.  That's pretty much the job.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2016, 10:33:25 AM »

People download the music for free. Or listen on Spotify (often the best case scenario).
Then complain that the bands tour to make money.... 

Undecided

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: