Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:51:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?  (Read 32738 times)
Annie
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »

It's your super hardcore inside baseball type fan who is THAT concerned with Adler.

To the masses, Slash coming back is miracle enough.  Duff is an added bonus.
That is true. I read on another site that promoters are mainly focused on the reunion of Axl and Slash and to a lesser extent, Duff.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »

I wonder.  Steven might be happy enough with two/three song guest slots if they were a) regular enough and b) lucrative enough.  This is a guy whose entire income is based on one album, released almost thirty years ago - decent money from a tour's-worth of guest appearances might come in handy.  If it's made clear to him that it's that or nothing, he may well be able to handle it (and himself) for a few months.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:55:18 PM by Virolec » Logged

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »

Is it exciting news that Slash is going to be on stage with Axl again?
Absolutely.

Do I see it as a true GN?R reunion?
No, because it simply is not a true GN?R reunion.

All true, but this is a better line-up than we have had in 20 years.  Feels a hell of a lot more like Guns N' Roses than anything I've seen in decades.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »

I wonder.  Steven might be happy enough with two/three song guest slots if they were a) regular enough and b) lucrative enough.  This is a guy who's entire income is based on one album, released almost thirty years ago - decent money from a tour's-worth of guest appearances might come in handy.  If it's made clear to him that it's that or nothing, he may well be able to handle it (and himself) for a few months.
NO he will not. In his mind he will always resent Frank for" stealing" his rightful spot. Think of Viserys on Game of Thrones. When I was dragged to an Adler's appetite show in Washington state I could see that HE LIVES to be on stage reliving his glory days. Rick Stitch was a great front man, made the performance bearable. This is not about money for Steven. It is about wanting to be adulated.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »

matt is kinda like a machine. tight, but without any earthy n' funky feel (just listen to the "paradise city"-performance at the fm-tribute). afd has a lot of funky vibes to it & steven made that work when he was in gnr. i think brain added that - at least rudimentarily - to the mix as well. frank has a cool laid-back-feel and is pretty bonham-badass. i think he will fit perfectly (again). at the same time: adler doin 2, 3 tracks is just fine with me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:51:49 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »

The only issue I see with the "AFD 5" playing Coachella is that this will be the first time in a long time a shitload of people will be paying attention to GNR in 20 years.

And are you ready to count on Adler in such a big spot?  Would concern me.

I also think those shows set expectations for the shows that follow.  So what you put on stage, there, is very close to what you want to have on tour.  You can sneak in "special guests" for Coachella, and call them that...but if you play the AFD 5 start to finish in both those shows.....that better be what you plan to put on stage in stadiums/arenas/whatever across North America this summer. Because if it's not, THEN you'll get grumbling.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »

Why would Matt Sorum be so tight lipped if he wasn't involved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ09UaiDas0

Respect? Professionalism? Because some of his friends asked him to answer "no comment" til those actually involved decide to make an announcement (or play their first gig)?

Or that no-one is obliged to answer questions posed out in public by someone with a camera and a contact at TMZ?

Well, that's absolutely true.

But if there is some other internal motivation for doing that....other than just pure paparazzi type hatred....see my post above.

Matt's not been shy about talking to people who shove a mic in his face, before...though I agree, this situation might have been slightly different.  I think the initial question implied "Why should this be different than before".

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »

I?ve seen the light.
Adler shouldn?t be involved because Adler says mean things, and mean things make me very sad.
Welcome to the reunion, Frank. And Rich. And Pitman.
Allow me to introduce you to Slash, the person whom you are reuniting with after all these years.
Oh, how the fans have longed for this day.

So, like, when someone gives you an awesome gift, are you one of those spoiled kids who goes "Aww man, a really wanted a....."? Cuz that's how you sound here.  Like a kid who needs everything exactly the way you want it for it to have any merit.
no, I think that pretty much sums up Steven Adler.
 He will NEVER be truly pacified with a few guest spots. NEVER!
 I can understand the band wanting to be generous and noble. there is a lot of nostalgia for some folks.
But it will end up biting GNR in the ass.
 Word to the motherf**er, straight outta the CTA!

You guys are all confused.

LongGone IS Adler.  That's his HTGTH account.

FYI...as if I need to caveat: I'm joking, here...

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2016, 03:11:12 PM »

I THINK his point is that he doesn't care that Steven Adler has had a never ending drug problem or sued the band 25 years ago....

Some posters hold that stuff agaisnt him like hes the devil reincarnated...

I'd like to see him get his wish... would be fun for a few songs. He is certainly a capable drummer.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:12:46 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »

It's your super hardcore inside baseball type fan who is THAT concerned with Adler.

To the masses, Slash coming back is miracle enough.  Duff is an added bonus.

And the news that Izzy might be working with them on new material I think greases even more wheels.

Because it shows he was likely offered a role, but would much rather be a creative contributor vs a full touring member.  

And, as an aside, I would be completely awesomely cool with that setup.

Together again,
Annie
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2016, 03:14:15 PM »

I THINK his point is that he doesn't care that Steven Adler has had a never ending drug problem or sued the band 25 years ago....

I'd like to see him get his wish... would be fun for a few songs.
His wish being granted would open up an even bigger addiction problem. The high he would feel from being on stage with GNR would be stronger than crack cocaine. He will want more and more, a guest spot will never truly appease him.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »

So, even though Steven doped himself retarded over the past 25 years and can only play 50% of the tunes people want to hear, because his photo is on the back of Appetite, some simply will not be satisfied until he is full time behind the kit. Yes?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Annie
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »

So, even though Steven doped himself retarded over the past 25 years and can only play 50% of the tunes people want to hear, because his photo is on the back of Appetite, some simply will not be satisfied until he is full time behind the kit. Yes?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
And he is one of those people. hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2016, 03:18:49 PM »

His wish being granted would open up an even bigger addiction problem. The high he would feel from being on stage with GNR would be stronger than crack cocaine. He will want more and more, a guest spot will never truly appease him.

Honestly, one of my biggest concerns is Adlers health in all this.  I'm not convinced the guy could do, even if he stayed sober, a full set for a full North American tour...and (you'd think) a world tour following, and stay upright.

They guy had a stroke.  He has other ongoing health issues, which he's talked about, himself, related to his previous addiction/drug use.

Putting the guy on stage for 2 hours+ a night, over and over and over and over again? Yeah, I'm worried.

AND, on a similar note...I wonder if his health issues would cause issues getting the tour insured.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »

Look..every time his name comes up... you go bonkers on him... we all understand you despise the guy.

A lot of GNR fans would like to see him play GNR songs with Axl Slash and Duff... that's not a bad thing. His personal issues are his personal issues.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »

I want Adler involved but this is a huge undertaking and if these guys want to do it right and make sure it goes off smooth...obviously they may have concerns that Adler would implode in one way or another either himself or the tour.
I'm trying to picture having a family member who had a drug problem... you want to help them when able, but you don't necessarily want them standing on stage with your kid when he graduates.
And Adler is a family member who bottomed out and sued these guys for a million already

We'll see..but I for one couldn't blame them for excluding him
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »

I want Adler involved but this is a huge undertaking and if these guys want to do it right and make sure it goes off smooth...obviously they may have concerns that Adler would implode in one way or another either himself or the tour.
I'm trying to picture having a family member who had a drug problem... you want to help them when able, but you don't necessarily want them standing on stage with your kid when he graduates.
And Adler is a family member who bottomed out and sued these guys for a million already

I agree with all of this. Matt would be my guy... but I understand that Axl is loyal to the guys who haven't jumped ship... that spot is full.

Sprinkle in Steven for some Appetite songs once in a while... I think that would be ideal.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2016, 03:31:13 PM »

I?ve seen the light.
Adler shouldn?t be involved because Adler says mean things, and mean things make me very sad.
Allow me to introduce you to Slash, the person whom you are reuniting with after all these years.

So, like, when someone gives you an awesome gift, are you one of those spoiled kids who goes "Aww man, a really wanted a....."? Cuz that's how you sound here.  Like a kid who needs everything exactly the way you want it for it to have any merit.
 I can understand the band wanting to be generous and noble. there is a lot of nostalgia for some folks.

I will neither confirm nor deny that I am/not Steven Adler.
I do however vote for me/him.
Princess Leia
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »

Slash and Duff have also been involved in lawsuit against Axl. Look I?m not saying Adler is risk free nor that the guy should perform in every show. But I think it would be cool to see the guy as a guest from time to time on a few AFD songs
Annie
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2016, 03:43:27 PM »

I?ve seen the light.

I will neither confirm nor deny that I am/not Steven Adler.
I do however vote for me/him.
Then will you admit that you will never be truly happy with just a few guest spots?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: