Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?  (Read 32683 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2016, 01:37:30 PM »

Remember 95-99% of the fans have never heard of Frank or seen him play.

WTF are you talking about. That's ridiculous.
Millions of FANS did see GN'R on tour 2006-2014. Frank has been in the band over 10 years.

It's not ridiculous.

The sheer number of people paying attention to GNR again after 20 years is absurdly high.

These people could not tell you one thing about recent line-ups, save who WASN'T in them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2016, 01:38:55 PM »

For God's sake, Frank is drumming. Source: Frank. Frank telling people at other gigs he's doing it. Frank heading to L.A. for rehearsals. Frank.

drool

Agreed, although I wouldn't be surprised at some guest appearances from Adler.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2016, 01:39:11 PM »

He played on AFD, Lies, and demoed the majority of, if not all of UYI.
So he can play the 4 albums that 99.9% of GN'R's fanbase gives a shit about.

"if not all of UYI"??

Better double check those liner notes.

No need. I said he demoed the majority, if not all of UYI.
He was there for the creation of the songs. Sorum came in later and did his thing.
Never said Adler ended up on the final tracks.
But he was involved in the creation of GN'R's 4 most popular albums.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2016, 01:43:53 PM »

Adler can still play and play well. I love his style much more than Sorum's style.

Just give him a deal. When he fucks up hes gone. And will be banished forever. He does deserve a chance at this though.

And you want to risk that?

These Coachella shows are basically make or break for the future of this band.  How can you introduce any sort of variable to the mix that might sink you?

Axl is a risk as well. We know how they may react. Even the smallest thing could pissed him off. We still don?t know how the state of his voice is at the moment. We don?t know if he might messed up NR lyrics

There is NO comparing Axl to Adler- that is laughable and a grasping maneuver on your part.

Yeah, that's hilarious.  I would love to see even as a prank to have management approach the Coachella promoters saying, "Look, I know you're nervous about about Axl, him being a wildcard and all, so he's out, we're getting someone else to sing, maybe Adam Lambert."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »

Would be noble if GNR offered him some guest appearances but I think he would find a way to fuck them up.

He is a walking liability.

I can't even rule out he might show up under the influence.

Which he could blame on nerves, or what have you.  Hardcore addicts rarely struggle for excuses.

Then where are you?

I agree, he is not reliable and a giant hazard on several fronts-
Not only for the addiction/relapse issues, but because he is prone to media manipulation and says the most regrettable things. And he did sue the band- not once, but twice.

I can't see where anything except a few well-monitored  guest appearances make any business sense at all.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2016, 01:46:10 PM »

Adler can still play and play well. I love his style much more than Sorum's style.

Just give him a deal. When he fucks up hes gone. And will be banished forever. He does deserve a chance at this though.

And you want to risk that?

These Coachella shows are basically make or break for the future of this band.  How can you introduce any sort of variable to the mix that might sink you?

Axl is a risk as well. We know how they may react. Even the smallest thing could pissed him off. We still don?t know how the state of his voice is at the moment. We don?t know if he might messed up NR lyrics

There is NO comparing Axl to Adler- that is laughable and a grasping maneuver on your part.

Yeah, that's hilarious.  I would love to see even as a prank to have management approach the Coachella promoters saying, "Look, I know you're nervous about about Axl, him being a wildcard and all, so he's out, we're getting someone else to sing, maybe Adam Lambert."

Haha- sure, nobody would mind if he was replaced with someone like- Myles Kennedy  hihi

Axl is irreplaceable in GNR.

"Shut the fuck up."
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »

The classic lineup all has a history of drug/alcohol dependency, so they are all at risk of relapsing.
I think it would best best if they commissioned the members of Fugazi to play as Guns N? Roses to help minimize this risk.
Plus it would save promoters a ton of money, so hopefully they could pass those savings down to us.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2016, 01:49:05 PM »

Brendan Canty is the best drummer of the lot, anyway.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »

The classic lineup all has a history of drug/alcohol dependency, so they are all at risk of relapsing.
I think it would best best if they commissioned the members of Fugazi to play as Guns N? Roses to help minimize this risk.
Plus it would save promoters a ton of money, so hopefully they could pass those savings down to us.

As I stated previously, it is not only the risk of Adler relapsing, it is him running his mouth or hitting them with yet another Lawsuit- he has done that twice already.

An unnecessary risk that doesn't have to be taken.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2016, 01:54:18 PM »

As I stated previously, it is not only the risk of Adler relapsing, it is him running his mouth or hitting them with yet another Lawsuit- he has done that twice already.

Can anyone here really say with any certainty he would not run to the press complaining about even a reduced role?

I know some of you think he would just be happy with anything, but I'm not sure I see it that way.  He often waxes poetic about the "magic" the 5 of them made.

Can you tell me he would not be on Twitter saying how awesome it was to play on 3 songs...then 30 seconds later another tweet about how he knows "the real fans" would rather he be up there the whole time.   

Followed by another tweet 20 minutes later saying he didn't mean anything buy it, how he loves Frank, etc.

That's who this guy is, people.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »

He was already running his mouth a few months back during that Eddie Trunk interview, where he scoffed at the idea of Dizzy joining the original five, and referred to Frank as "their nameless drummer". Not to mention, villainizing Slash & Duff. He's just...such an idiot. Here he was, trying to sell himself, while bashing two members that Axl obviously cares about, and making Slash & Duff sound like a couple of dicks.

A walking disaster and liability if there ever was one. He will be beyond LUCKY if they let him play a couple songs with them.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2016, 01:57:51 PM »

Well my plan kills two birds with one stone.
Hiring Fugazi to play as Guns N? Roses not only absolves them of the risk of relapse, it also shields them from any legal action Steven chooses to take, because he?d actually be suing Fugazi.

They could mix in some Fugazi songs, I guess they?d actually be covers, and also have Ted Nugent make a guest appearance, because he?s never indulged in drugs or alcohol.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »

Even if it were true that every brings the same risk that Adler does (and it's not), the issue is balancing risk with reward.  Why take a risk on someone who brings little to the table?  Axl, Slash and, to an extent, Duff, are mainstream draws.  There's a financial windfall associated with their participation.  Nobody but a very small percentage of the fanbase cares if Adler is in.  Granted, I happen to be part of that small percentage, so long as it's just a few songs in selected shows.

Exactly right.

Annie
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2016, 02:09:18 PM »

Can anyone here really say with any certainty he would not run to the press complaining about even a reduced role?

I know some of you think he would just be happy with anything, but I'm not sure I see it that way.  He often waxes poetic about the "magic" the 5 of them made.

Can you tell me he would not be on Twitter saying how awesome it was to play on 3 songs...then 30 seconds later another tweet about how he knows "the real fans" would rather he be up there the whole time.   

Followed by another tweet 20 minutes later saying he didn't mean anything buy it, how he loves Frank, etc.

That's who this guy is, people.
Exactly. Any kindness that is shown to Adler by GNR will come back and bite them in the ass. he has never let go of the past and is willing to sell his soul for ANY attention. In the long run whatever they do for him WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »

Even if it were true that every brings the same risk that Adler does (and it's not), the issue is balancing risk with reward.  Why take a risk on someone who brings little to the table?  Axl, Slash and, to an extent, Duff, are mainstream draws.  There's a financial windfall associated with their participation.  Nobody but a very small percentage of the fanbase cares if Adler is in.  Granted, I happen to be part of that small percentage, so long as it's just a few songs in selected shows.

Exactly right.

I also agree with George.

Another point: When it comes to old-school fans returning now, Izzy seems to be important to many. I've seen a few articles and many raises a question if Izzy is involved, very few has Adler as a deal breaker if not included.

But: Slash is (bar Axl) the biggest draw anyways, so I think we're talking about 10-20% of the fanbase who is concerned about anyone else outside of those two.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »

I?ve seen the light.
Adler shouldn?t be involved because Adler says mean things, and mean things make me very sad.
Welcome to the reunion, Frank. And Rich. And Pitman.
Allow me to introduce you to Slash, the person whom you are reuniting with after all these years.
Oh, how the fans have longed for this day.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2016, 02:22:51 PM »

I?ve seen the light.
Adler shouldn?t be involved because Adler says mean things, and mean things make me very sad.
Allow me to introduce you to Slash, the person whom you are reuniting with after all these years.

So, like, when someone gives you an awesome gift, are you one of those spoiled kids who goes "Aww man, a really wanted a....."? Cuz that's how you sound here.  Like a kid who needs everything exactly the way you want it for it to have any merit.
Annie
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2016, 02:23:47 PM »

I?ve seen the light.

So, like, when someone gives you an awesome gift, are you one of those spoiled kids who goes "Aww man, a really wanted a....."? Cuz that's how you sound here.  Like a kid who needs everything exactly the way you want it for it to have any merit.
no, I think that pretty much sums up Steven Adler.
 He will NEVER be truly pacified with a few guest spots. NEVER!
 I can understand the band wanting to be generous and noble. there is a lot of nostalgia for some folks.
But it will end up biting GNR in the ass.
 Word to the motherf**er, straight outta the CTA!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:28:47 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »

I?ve seen the light.

Why have the real thing, when you can have this cheap imitation, at an over inflated cost?

I?m just having a little fun here, boss.

Is it exciting news that Slash is going to be on stage with Axl again?
Absolutely.

Do I see it as a true GN?R reunion?
No, because it simply is not a true GN?R reunion.

If it were, I would be there.
And I may be there even with this half assed version they?re slinging.
Because not unlike yourself, I am a sucker.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »

It's your super hardcore inside baseball type fan who is THAT concerned with Adler.

To the masses, Slash coming back is miracle enough.  Duff is an added bonus.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: