Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:38:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?  (Read 32834 times)
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 12:22:13 PM »

I'm not willing to live with the results of having Adler up there for a full show.  no
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2016, 12:24:13 PM »

I?d rather take my chances with the guys responsible for AFD-UYI?s existence than have safe, reliable, session artists(regardless of how talented they may be) in their place just to keep the gravy train rolling. Would actually be surprised if Slash and Duff really agreed to an Izzy, Steven, Matt-less GN?R.

If it?s a comeback, or a reunion of GN?R, then put GN?R up there on stage and live with the results.

Fortus, Pitman and Frank may be popular choices on this board, but you?d be hard pressed to find someone on the street who knows these people exist, never mind take them over the classic lineup.

While I agree with you to an extent.... Axl doesn't...

He's not going to can guys who have been with him for all this time who didn't quit on him...especially when you consider the baggage Steven brings and Izzy just simply doesn't want to fully commit to it.

I think there's at least a chance the 5 play coachella together... which would be really cool....and izzy can help out int he studio and show up from time to time.

Then the other guys slide back in.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:26:53 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2016, 12:24:50 PM »

As far as Steven is concerned, if they were all comfortable with him he would have played a role in one of the many projects they worked on in the past, but he didn't... Snake Pit, VR, Loaded, the list goes on and on... no one has worked with him since he was bounced in 1990 (few random one off's excluded)... but none of them were the biggest concert the band has played in decades.

Agree with all of this, big time.

That bit in bold is always my answer to people telling me that Steven was so awesome.  Really?  Then how come he's done fuck all in 25 years?  And I don't just mean in general, which is true enough.  Even his own boys don't ring him up.  That's not telling?

I hear as many Chinese Democracy songs on the radio as I do Adler songs, so I guess you could say the same about Axl.

It?s not what they?ve done since, but what they accomplished together way back when.
Would be cool to see the classic lineup back on stage again, when it seemed forever unlikely.

Close to no one aside from maybe their mothers and a few people on this board will be paying any attention to Frank, Richard, and Pitman.

Sure GN?R went on after Izzy left, but you could have fooled the majority of the fan base from a creative standpoint.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2016, 12:26:54 PM »

I'm not willing to live with the results of having Adler up there for a full show.  no

Could have Adler/Sorum.
If those two can't get you through a tour, it's probably not meant to be.
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »

Could have Adler/Sorum.
If those two can't get you through a tour, it's probably not meant to be.

Sure, put the training wheels on Adler and we'll be fine  Tongue
Annie
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »

I really don't understand the love for Adler. I really don't. If the band lets him play a few songs then good for them for throwing him a bone. I think he will just end up biting everybody in the ass no matter how small or large his involvement.
He will gravel for a small bit and then just want more and more. nothing the band does for him will be good enough.
Frank is a GREAT drummer and a great person.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:03:06 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2016, 12:57:58 PM »

Adler can still play and play well. I love his style much more than Sorum's style.

Just give him a deal. When he fucks up hes gone. And will be banished forever. He does deserve a chance at this though.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Annie
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »

Adler can still play and play well. I love his style much more than Sorum's style.

Just give him a deal. When he fucks up hes gone. And will be banished forever. He does deserve a chance at this though.
WHY? I don't think he deserves a chance at all. It's the band's decision and if they want to do it I will support their decision. But I really hope he's not at a show that I attend.
Princess Leia
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2016, 01:17:31 PM »

WHY? I don't think he deserves a chance at all. It's the band's decision and if they want to do it I will support their decision. But I really hope he's not at a show that I attend.

It is the band?s decision if they want him or not. But Adler was there in the early days because he wanted to give the band a chance. He believed in the band and his then bandmates He helped the band to build something big out of nothing. He is the one playing drums in the band?s most popular album.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »

Adler and Sorum always acted like backstabbing pricks, since they got kicked out of GNR. maybe that's why they seem to be out of favour.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2016, 01:23:02 PM »

And you want to risk that?

These Coachella shows are basically make or break for the future of this band.  How can you introduce any sort of variable to the mix that might sink you?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »

These Coachella shows are basically make or break for the future of this band.  How can you introduce any sort of variable to the mix that might sink you?

Axl is a risk as well. We know how they may react. Even the smallest thing could pissed him off. We still don?t know how the state of his voice is at the moment. We don?t know if he might messed up NR lyrics
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »

The Adler thing: At best he's negotiating for 2-3 song guest sopt.  It's a non-risk for the band, and makes them all look great by including him. And if he goes off the rails? Frank can play literally everything.

As far as having him back full time? Give me a break. They guy can play 1 out of 4 albums worth of music. There's literally no way he's THE drummer, under any circumstances. End of story.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »

Would be noble if GNR offered him some guest appearances but I think he would find a way to fuck them up.

He is a walking liability.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2016, 01:32:48 PM »

Axl is a risk as well. We know how they may react. Even the smallest thing could pissed him off. We still don?t know how the state of his voice is at the moment. We don?t know if he might messed up NR lyrics

There is NO comparing Axl to Adler- that is laughable and a grasping maneuver on your part.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2016, 01:33:59 PM »

Would be noble if GNR offered him some guest appearances but I think he would find a way to fuck them up.

He is a walking liability.

I can't even rule out he might show up under the influence.

Which he could blame on nerves, or what have you.  Hardcore addicts rarely struggle for excuses.

Then where are you?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »

The Adler thing: At best he's negotiating for 2-3 song guest sopt.  It's a non-risk for the band, and makes them all look great by including him. And if he goes off the rails? Frank can play literally everything.

As far as having him back full time? Give me a break. They guy can play 1 out of 4 albums worth of music. There's literally no way he's THE drummer, under any circumstances. End of story.

He played on AFD, Lies, and demoed the majority of, if not all of UYI.
So he can play the 4 albums that 99.9% of GN'R's fanbase gives a shit about.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2016, 01:35:01 PM »

There is NO comparing Axl to Adler- that is laughable and a grasping maneuver on your part.

Very different kind of risks.  I have zero belief Axl would show up blasted out of his mind, in no condition to perform.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »

"if not all of UYI"??

Better double check those liner notes.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2016, 01:36:34 PM »

Lol. Yeah, dude. And I'm sure he remembers ALL OF IT.  hihi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: