Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wouldn't It Be Neat If...Then
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Neat If...Then  (Read 6137 times)
sky dog
Legend

« on: January 06, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »

Classic 5 played the first night of Coachella.....2nd night the first UYI lineup (Ax, Slash, Duff, Iz, Matt, Diz)....then, do the hybrid lineup with new music for a full on World Tour.....gotta think big....strike hard and fast....get everyone involved. One can dream.  hihi

There are a lot of possibilties out there which is why it is smart, for now, to withhold the full lineup for Coachella.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:43:51 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:30:49 PM »

To be honest, I would like this to be the LAST lineup of the band. I want GNR to be a band, not some kind of NIN-ish thing.

Form one solid lineup, and fight to keep it till the end. That's the advise I would give to the band.

I hope this lineup works hard to create new music and focus in the future, not in the nostalgic past. Yeah, maybe im being too naive... a good hint to know if this is what the band plans will be Coachella's setlist.

- If they add 4/5 ChiDem songs and perform a new song:  beer
- If they play 1/2 ChiDem songs and no new songs:  ok...
- If they don't play ChiDem songs:  crying

If the third option happens, I will strongly start to believe that Axl has been cursed or someone stole his soul...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:37:57 PM »

If they played Don't Damn Me

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »

...and an acoustic version of My World XD

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:01:12 PM »

...they added Loco-freaking-motive in the set and Izzy with Steven would also be there.
Then solidify this sort-of hybrid (MK.whatever) lineup for whatever maybe next.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:03:45 PM by nick6sic6 » Logged

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »

If they would play songs from every studio album, including Chinese Democracy.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 06:08:16 PM »

They need to pick a lineup and stick with it.

Toss in Adler or Izzy on occasion for some shows or encore areas.

Play minimal CD songs or play some new ones in their place or something. Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler

No matter how you swing it, those 5 dudes ARE what Guns N' Roses will always be. People shit on Steven Adler like he's some horrible drummer. I personally prefer him very much over Matt Sorum. If I was Axl, I would go with Frank, but let Adler play every night 2-3 songs. Like one in the middle to rest Frank and the encore or something else. He deserves that.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 06:08:44 PM »

And some Back Off Bitch!! Play some of the amazing songs that never got played

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 07:07:05 PM »

Nope

My feeling only is that the diehards are cool with any of the above mentioned lineups..but this whole thing hopefully is here to re-introduce a mighty force in a rock world desperately in need of it....playing with 7 different lineup combinations would be confusing for those trying to see if Gn'r is really back for good

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »

I feel it is more like a nostalgia thing...I dont expect new material or releases, Maybe some tours every once in a while for the next 5 years or something and then game over.

Todd Kerns posted a huge message on his Facebook, said that SMKC knew about the reunion for a long time and that they plan to record SMKC 3 and release around 2017. That implies that GNR wont be a full time job for Slash IMO.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »

I feel it is more like a nostalgia thing...I dont expect new material or releases, Maybe some tours every once in a while for the next 5 years or something and then game over.

Todd Kerns posted a huge message on his Facebook, said that SMKC knew about the reunion for a long time and that they plan to record SMKC 3 and release around 2017. That implies that GNR wont be a full time job for Slash IMO.

I didn't get that meaning out of that post at all  Huh

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »

I do get it. And if it's true, it's extremely sad Sad

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 09:29:37 PM »

I do get it. And if it's true, it's extremely sad Sad

Interpretations vary- I did not draw that conclusion at all.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 10:02:57 PM »

How about open with "Give me a little volume on this"/Hair of the Dog....
Gman84
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 05:48:57 AM »

That doesn't worry me because seeing how Slash is he likes to be active. If most of Spring/Summer 2016 is spent touring with Guns then he goes back to his own thing for a year then back to Guns that is probably Slash's ideal thing.  Guys like Fortus, Dizzy, Frank etc have had their own side projects going on outside of Guns for years and I don't see anything stopping Slash from doing a thing he obviously really enjoys - working with MK and the Conspirators.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:36 AM »

Todd Kerns needs to realize that the Conspirator phase of Slash's career was left in Vegas on New Years..... hihi

otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 06:43:07 AM »

To be honest, I would like this to be the LAST lineup of the band. I want GNR to be a band, not some kind of NIN-ish thing.

Form one solid lineup, and fight to keep it till the end. That's the advise I would give to the band.

I hope this lineup works hard to create new music and focus in the future, not in the nostalgic past. Yeah, maybe im being too naive... a good hint to know if this is what the band plans will be Coachella's setlist.

If the third option happens, I will strongly start to believe that Axl has been cursed or someone stole his soul...

I would be VERY surprised if they would play anything from CD. I don't think Slash's ego would let him play those songs.

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 07:09:49 AM »

I would be VERY surprised if they would play anything from CD. I don't think Slash's ego would let him play those songs.

Slash ego?Huh? im sure that will be Slash himself who wil say "Hey Axl,theres that song that you recorded in CD,i love that one,yeah Street of dreams or maybe better too,we can play it during the shows,what do you think".

If this is a stable new line up,they will do songs from all eras.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 07:40:15 AM »

Slash ego?Huh? im sure that will be Slash himself who wil say "Hey Axl,theres that song that you recorded in CD,i love that one,yeah Street of dreams or maybe better too,we can play it during the shows,what do you think".

If this is a stable new line up,they will do songs from all eras.

Probably not the song he would endorse

But I wouldn't rule out him playing on a couple of the tunes by any means
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 10:01:54 AM »

My point was here...sort of...was to say if you contract Adler for one show....give him his day in the spotlight...then you don't need to mess with him anymore as far as guest appearances, etc. Same goes for Matt...and a much lesser extent Izzy. Izzy can do 2 full shows for God's sake. Let them have a day and then move forward with the hybrid lineup for a full on tour. It's really not that complicated and you kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: