Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:24:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is this forever or just a farewell tour?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this forever or just a farewell tour?  (Read 5993 times)
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 04:33:50 PM »

I'm not sure what to expect. Either wouldn't surprise or shock me.

1. They split after a nice short term reunion. Sure it can happen. Maybe it's a final farewell and leaving on good terms.
2. They stay together and put out new material.
3. They just tour from time to time playing old stuff. That is less likely to me. I think the guys in the band are constantly creating new stuff. I'd doubt very much a day goes by that Slash doesn't write a riff or Axl doesn't write some new stuff.

Either way, I'm hoping I can see them on stage again. Honestly, I'm okay with either thing. Whatever happens. They don't owe me anything. I would've liked to see the Beatles or Zeppelin on stage. That's life. Still enjoy the shit out of their music tho.
ben9785
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 04:44:58 PM »

I'd say it's "for now" and see how it plays out depending on how well they play together, their personal matters, public response etc.

Only question would be what comes next for Axl, should this lineup be a short term engagement, or come to an end for any other reason. Obviously very early to think about, but I expect if this reported hybrid lineup is true, that this is a continuation rather than an ending.
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 06:54:58 PM »

I see it as the retirement tour they've had ups and downs but yea theyve earned it for AFD alone in my eyes so lets enjoy it for it is,middle aged men hopefully enjoying themselves one last time.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »

My first hypothesis is a sort of "Axl/Duff/Slash celebration tour", maybe a 2 disc "best of", then everyone (speking of the 3 guys) on his own way.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »

I'm sure most of us hope it's going be a long term thing, of course.

Some are fearing that it's just a cash grab tour and a nostalgia trip, but I don't see it. First of all, the lineup seems to include Richard, Chris and Frank. If it would be a cash grab I'm sure they would have asked Steven or Matt to join, and would they have said no? And if someone is really expecting GN'R trying to do some "Ritz 88" rerun, why would they have Chris onboard?

If it would be only for the money, they would have made this a bigger thing already, I'm sure.

I really hope they are able to find the magic that will result in fantastic new music (emphasis on the word new).

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 10:05:35 AM »

Anybody ever noticed Todd being great?! 😉😜
"By now you will have been privy to news that is hardly unexpected yet wholly exciting nonetheless. God knows it never seemed to be that carefully kept a secret. For a long time now we Conspirators have been personally made aware that the regrouping of one of the most important brotherhoods in music history was underway. That thing that everyone had wished for but never thought possible was quietly (and not so quietly) cooking under our very noses. To be in this close of proximity to a history of Rock N Roll moment occurring has been nothing short of incredible. With Myles returning to a new chapter of Alter Bridge the door has opened for any number of circumstances and the semi-reunion of Guns N Roses is one of the most exciting byproducts thereof."
As Slash?s bro I think this is a very exciting and important chapter for him to embark on. I support him wholeheartedly to dive into this experience but as his friend I would support him if he decided to walk away from music and live amongst Buddhist monks in Nepal. That?s what bros do. How it affects me really isn?t the point. This thing is bigger than all of us. I think it is a healthy thing for the individuals involved as well as the great gift they are giving to the world. I ccept that gift thankfully. And how exactly does this affect me? Well, to be honest we have all known for a long time that 2016 was going to be a year with not much public activity in the SMKC camp. We still have every intention of entering the studio to record SMKCIII in May and some form of release following in 2017. In music, as in life, things change all the time. For me I have taken on a number of projects that as usual I wish there were at least two of me to see through.

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »

Anybody ever noticed Todd being great?! 😉😜
"By now you will have been privy to news that is hardly unexpected yet wholly exciting nonetheless. God knows it never seemed to be that carefully kept a secret. For a long time now we Conspirators have been personally made aware that the regrouping of one of the most important brotherhoods in music history was underway. That thing that everyone had wished for but never thought possible was quietly (and not so quietly) cooking under our very noses. To be in this close of proximity to a history of Rock N Roll moment occurring has been nothing short of incredible. With Myles returning to a new chapter of Alter Bridge the door has opened for any number of circumstances and the semi-reunion of Guns N Roses is one of the most exciting byproducts thereof."
As Slash?s bro I think this is a very exciting and important chapter for him to embark on. I support him wholeheartedly to dive into this experience but as his friend I would support him if he decided to walk away from music and live amongst Buddhist monks in Nepal. That?s what bros do. How it affects me really isn?t the point. This thing is bigger than all of us. I think it is a healthy thing for the individuals involved as well as the great gift they are giving to the world. I ccept that gift thankfully. And how exactly does this affect me? Well, to be honest we have all known for a long time that 2016 was going to be a year with not much public activity in the SMKC camp. We still have every intention of entering the studio to record SMKCIII in May and some form of release following in 2017. In music, as in life, things change all the time. For me I have taken on a number of projects that as usual I wish there were at least two of me to see through.

awesome  peace
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:31:35 AM by RnT » Logged

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »

I think it depends on how it goes. If it works for them, they do more shows. If it doesn't, I can see them at this stage of their lives, amicably separating and go on to do whatever it is they do. I don't think this particular reunion is the death knell of Guns N Roses if it doesn't work out. If the band once again loses Slash and Duff for whatever reason and Axl wants to carry on, he will and most who have been here the last 15+ years will be right along with him.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »

Personally, I don't mind, just knowing they managed to sort things out between themselves is good enough for me. Anything else is just a bonus. Cheesy

#warmandfuzzyinside

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »

If it is a farewell tour, and who knows, I'm glad its with Slash and Duff.

Might as well just enjoy it while we can.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: