Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is this forever or just a farewell tour?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this forever or just a farewell tour?  (Read 6014 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: January 05, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »

If it's forever then we are talking new music and everything,  farewell, they do coachella, football stadiums and then what?  Axl retire? Reform band again? Slash back with Myles?  Duff back doing Loaded,Walking Papers etc? 

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:15:25 AM »

One thing at a time please...you are already thinking on what will happen next!  Roll Eyes

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:19:28 AM »

One thing at a time please...you are already thinking on what will happen next!  Roll Eyes

It's a legit question.

I don't know if this is a farewell, but I do think he's now cast his lot with Slash and Duff again and will only go on as long at that is all working.

If this tour is great, there could be another one.  maybe they even do a few new songs.  Who knows?

But I think the rest of his time as a performer are with these guys.  Don't see him going back to replacement guys, yet again.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 10:34:03 AM »

It's a legit question.

I don't know if this is a farewell, but I do think he's now cast his lot with Slash and Duff again and will only go on as long at that is all working.

If this tour is great, there could be another one.  maybe they even do a few new songs.  Who knows?

But I think the rest of his time as a performer are with these guys.  Don't see him going back to replacement guys, yet again.

Because who'd want to go through that "where's Slash" shit all over again. Only this time, Axl could hardly blame anybody provoking him in the front rows with a Slash t-shirt. Smiley

Hell has frozen over.
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 10:41:12 AM »

I think this will be a forever thing for 2 reasons. Reason one is the lineup itself...if it was going to be just one tour, I think we would've seen a full reunion...the rumoured lineup of Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Pitman tells me that it's going to be a permanent thing that Izzy didn't want to commit to and Adler couldn't be trusted with. Reason 2 would be if Slash leaves the band again Axl and GNR would never recover from it a second time.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Princess Leia
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:55:47 AM »

Well I hope not. But if it is a farewell tour, so be it.  They have the right to have other plans and do other things
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 11:03:41 AM »

Based on what was being said in 2014 by people working the Vegas shows, my suspicion would be a year or two of this and then au revoir from Axl. But who knows, maybe he'll enjoy the hell out of it, the old magic comes back and he sees no reason not to continue.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 11:08:10 AM »

This has been on my mind as well.  I doubt they tagline it as farewell, but I do set it as something like an eagles reunion, in which they tour occasionally, and go back to their respective other works in between.  Perhaps we get our own 'Long Road Out of Eden' but not counting on it. 

Let me add, it would be cool if they named the tour "Not in this lifetime" Smiley
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:10:25 AM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 11:14:11 AM »

This has been on my mind as well.  I doubt they tagline it as farewell, but I do set it as something like an eagles reunion, in which they tour occasionally, and go back to their respective other works in between.  Perhaps we get our own 'Long Road Out of Eden' but not counting on it. 

Let me add, it would be cool if they named the tour "Not in this lifetime" Smiley

Or "A Cure For Cancer"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »

If it is a farewell tour I have no interest in this reunion other than checking them out on Youtube.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 11:55:24 AM »

If the chemistry and Axl?s voice work, there?s no reason for this being a farewell tour. Hopefully!

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 12:09:52 PM »

If the chemistry and Axl?s voice work, there?s no reason for this being a farewell tour. Hopefully!

I agree.

So long as Axl can still deliver, I don't see why this could not be a reliable option every few years, a tour like this.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 12:11:42 PM »

Sorry

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain    Wink
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »

I prefer to live in the NOW and right NOW this band is tasty as fuck smoking smoking smoking
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »

i think it will be forever... if it blows up again then gnr is done I think.

they are all in their early 50s now...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 02:07:08 PM »

Realistically, you've got 5-10 years tops.
Will it go that long? I actually doubt it.

I'm really hoping for new music, stuff from the vault, etc. Honestly, live, I preferred the most recent line-up to any in GN'R history save the original. Saw some killer shows with 'em. So if this is just a farewell, I'm not sure they can top what I've already seen (without new material anyway).

Forever is the wrong work though. Is it long term or short term? I think it's going to be a play it by ear thing.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 02:17:38 PM »

What we actually need from Gn'R is a actual best of with 2 new songs tacked on...

let the band pick out what "they" think are the best songs they did... 2 disc 22 songs, with 1 new song on each disc at the end. simple.

we could use unreleased and demos too... that would be incredible. I'm talking anything recorded or demo'd out from 85-96 before Slash left.

They could even do a box set of rarities and unreleased stuff 2 discs of old stuff 85-96 era and then do 2 discs of 97-2008 stuff... that would take care of everything up to CD. I know there is some cool stuff no one has heard in there.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 03:25:14 PM »

It probably all depends on the chemistry and if they are getting along by the end of the tour.

Way too much talent and "unfinished business" to ride off into the sunset if they are having a good time.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 03:27:22 PM »

Forever or farewell. How about for now? smoking
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »

If I had to choose one, I'd bet on a Farewell tour.  After everything that's happened, I still maintain this "reunion" is extremely shaky, so I can't see it lasting "forever".  And like others have said, how long do you think "forever" could last even they hailed the "reunion" under that banner?

Having said that, they're probably not going to announce it one way or the other.  They'd more than likely disappear just like they did in 1993.  That might actually be best.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: