Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 118968 times)
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #480 on: January 08, 2016, 07:46:45 AM »

Howard Stern talked about the GNR Coachella news the other day. He wants to interview, who doesn't these days. I think it'd be a great interview though someday, if they choose to go that route. Howard offers his guests hour long plus interviews with no commercials to speak their minds. I'd love to hear it.  peace

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwWR8iiMaMg

Publicado el 7 ene. 2016
Howard and Robin discuss Guns N' Roses reuniting for Coachella

hihi
I remember VR doing one with Howard year back and Roger Waters did a cool interview with him.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #481 on: January 08, 2016, 12:21:08 PM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/phenomenal-ticket-sales-for-guns-n-roses-no-trickery-fuel-talk-of-third-residency-classic-lineup-reunion/

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #482 on: January 08, 2016, 12:27:14 PM »

I merged your post here because it relates to the announcement.

I know you were saying that people knew already in 2014 that there would be a reunion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #483 on: January 08, 2016, 01:34:25 PM »

I merged your post here because it relates to the announcement.

I know you were saying that people knew already in 2014 that there would be a reunion.

/jarmo

Ok

Tnx
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2016, 05:14:41 AM »

Thought this was an interesting interview, the key take out is that he says that Izzy has been writing with GNR 'recently'. I can only assume he is still in contact with some of the old band?? I know Izzy was unhappy that he was fired back in the day. Not entirely flattering towards Axl but it doesn't seem mean spirited more a reflection that Ax was a bit of a handful back in the day.

Anyway definitely some interesting insights into the old band, some points relating to the reunion and some of the potential pitfalls going forward.

https://soundcloud.com/kym-gibbs/allen-niven-guns-n-roses-mgr-in-studio-01-08-20016#t=0:00

overmatik
« Reply #485 on: January 09, 2016, 05:39:50 AM »

If Izzy is indeed writing with them it means that this is not going to be just a cash grab nostalgia tour and that they intend on releasing new music. A new GNR album written by those four guys would be great and much better than even a tour of the AFD lineup.  peace
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #486 on: January 09, 2016, 05:41:50 AM »

If Izzy is indeed writing with them it means that this is not going to be just a cash grab nostalgia tour and that they intend on releasing new music. A new GNR album written by those four guys would be great and much better than even a tour of the AFD lineup.  peace

Agree completely. I am more than happy with Richard playing live but Izzy in the mix as a writing partner and potentially recording is a serious step up. As much as I love Axl and Slash they both have incredible talent but I really think they benefit when Izzy is involved.
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #487 on: January 09, 2016, 05:58:15 AM »

Interesting interview!  ok

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #488 on: January 09, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »

Thought this was an interesting interview, the key take out is that he says that Izzy has been writing with GNR 'recently'. I can only assume he is still in contact with some of the old band?? I know Izzy was unhappy that he was fired back in the day. Not entirely flattering towards Axl but it doesn't seem mean spirited more a reflection that Ax was a bit of a handful back in the day.

Anyway definitely some interesting insights into the old band, some points relating to the reunion and some of the potential pitfalls going forward.

https://soundcloud.com/kym-gibbs/allen-niven-guns-n-roses-mgr-in-studio-01-08-20016#t=0:00

By no means was Izzy "fired back in the day".

Hell has frozen over.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #489 on: January 09, 2016, 07:09:28 AM »

I meant Izzy mentioned being unhappy that Niven was fired if I recall correctly.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #490 on: January 09, 2016, 07:21:10 AM »

I meant Izzy mentioned being unhappy that Niven was fired if I recall correctly.

Oops, my bad. A non-native speaker with a strong hangover apparently can't always get everything right... Smiley

Hell has frozen over.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #491 on: January 09, 2016, 08:14:33 AM »

It's interesting to me that so many come to this forum and share opinions but don't seem to take notice of the actual news we are given. Richard did an interview that was filmed where he spoke about working through material for the next album. He stated that some was stuff Slash had done. He then did an interview where he said 2016 was going to be a great year and a "plan" was in place & yet everyone is wondering whether this is a "cash & grab your" etc etc.

There are facts are out there.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #492 on: January 09, 2016, 08:52:39 AM »

It's interesting to me that so many come to this forum and share opinions but don't seem to take notice of the actual news we are given. Richard did an interview that was filmed where he spoke about working through material for the next album. He stated that some was stuff Slash had done. He then did an interview where he said 2016 was going to be a great year and a "plan" was in place & yet everyone is wondering whether this is a "cash & grab your" etc etc.

There are facts are out there.

I guess because band members have spoken many times about things that never seem to come to fruition that we don't automatically view it as fact. Plus referencing work on songs involving Slash was thought to be on very old material whereas it now seems plausible this is rederring to new stuff? Either way there was no factual confirmation of Izzy writing for GNR in recent times. This interview is not proof but it bodes well.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2016, 09:32:01 AM »

The interview didn't really take into account the last 6 years where Axl has pretty successfully toured the world and taken GN'R to places that it had never been before like India.

The damage control stuff ain't the same as the 90's. And I'm no expert but the business of touring has shifted a lot since the steel wheels tour (89). Tours used to be a tool to push record sales now the tour is the money maker so I feel his comments on that side of things are possibly a bit dated.

With regards to Izzy writing do you think that the stuff Duff & him were doing was for possible GN'R releases?
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2016, 09:35:07 AM »

How much were tickets for Coachella by the way?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #495 on: January 09, 2016, 10:42:17 AM »

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/heres-how-this-whole-guns-n-roses-reunion-will-go-down

This is actually really quite funny.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #496 on: January 09, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »

Will this festival be streamed or broadcast ed in some way?

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #497 on: January 09, 2016, 11:00:52 AM »

The interview didn't really take into account the last 6 years where Axl has pretty successfully toured the world and taken GN'R to places that it had never been before like India.

Yeah. But many of these interviews are so one sided.
Didn't take into account the fact that the guy was a producer for Great White and was pretty much trying to promote them using GN'R's popularity....

I expect that we'll see more interviews like this from people who were once involved with GN'R decades ago...

Will this festival be streamed or broadcast ed in some way?

Nothing has been confirmed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #498 on: January 09, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »

Didn't take into account the fact that the guy was a producer for Great White and was pretty much trying to promote them using GN'R's popularity....

/jarmo

did know he was Great White's producer, but didn't know he tried to promote them through
Guns success...did you read it somewhere or Axl told to U maybe? would explain why Axl
& Duff apparently didn't trust the guy...

anyway if Izzy is really in, that's great news

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #499 on: January 09, 2016, 12:46:31 PM »

did know he was Great White's producer, but didn't know he tried to promote them through
Guns success...did you read it somewhere

Slash's book mentions it (yes, I know, ironic).
But if you don't believe that, there's also people like Ross Halfin (the photographer): This was the first time I photographed them West Hollywood 1987. I'd avoided doing them as their manager Alan Niven was a New Zealand hustler who imported records. All Alan cared about was Great White his other quite dreadful band.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: