Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 10:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 119047 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #440 on: January 07, 2016, 02:33:31 PM »

Great to see that Shows are sellout...
One question:Are gnr dates sellout or whole dates are sellout?

As far as I know, they didn't sell day passes.

/jarmo

Correct.

Coachella doesn't sell day passes.  Full weekend, only.

So you can buy passes for Weekend 1 and/or weekend 2, but not any single day.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #441 on: January 07, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »

In fairness, I am old as dirt, so I am not current with this stuff.  I'm just curious what the crowd predominantly is.  Lollapalooza was mainly an indie rock crowd, at least in the beginning, but what is Coachella?  This young generation scares and confuses me.  

Millenials, primarily. 18 to 30 year olds (heavy on the 18 to 25 groups).  And a TON of celebrities.  Generally they are an appreciative and friendly audience from what I've seen.  They're a happy (sometimes chemically Smiley  ) crowd, for sure.

It has sort of a "woodstock" vibe, but with a much more commercial presence.  It's kind of hard to explain. 

It's a very different vibe than, say, Reading, Leads, or Rock in Rio, though, which seem a little more "hardcore".

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »

To all the folks asking about streaming/ppv:

Last year, Weekend 1 (at least) was apparently streamed, in it's entirety, sponsored by Tmobile, on Coachellas youtube channel.  You didn't have to pay anything.  I didn't watch, live, but the quality of the stuff they have up on the channel right now, which are supposedly taken from the broadcast, is pretty good.

We'll see what the plans are this year...hopefully similar.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #443 on: January 07, 2016, 02:57:02 PM »

Rock In Rio usually have genre specific days.
You're probably not gonna see Rihanna and GN'R on the same day for example.

Yes, Coachella does seem to be more like some European festivals. But, Governors Ball had a similar mix when GN'R headlined.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #444 on: January 07, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »

Yes, Coachella does seem to be more like some European festivals. But, Governors Ball had a similar mix when GN'R headlined.

/jarmo

Yeah, the musical mix is very eclectic....always is.  And I agree....other festivals do more "genre days".

I was more trying to get across the vibe and general demographics of the crowd.  I mean, you'll see all ages.  But you're going to see a LOT more millenials than, say...the 30 to 40 crowd. 

Together again,
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #445 on: January 07, 2016, 03:05:59 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, the musical mix is very eclectic....always is.  And I agree....other festivals do more "genre days".

I was more trying to get across the vibe and general demographics of the crowd.  I mean, you'll see all ages.  But you're going to see a LOT more millenials than, say...the 30 to 40 crowd. 

all I can say is when GNR headlined Gov ball in 2013 TONS of people were pissed and didn't want to see them. but I was there and it was amazing how Axl ended up basically taking over and everyone there rushed to the mainstage. it was quite a night and tons of fun to see them win over a few new fans.

I expect Coachella to be the same but this times its Axl, Slash and Duff now that is COOL

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2016, 03:19:23 PM »

all I can say is when GNR headlined Gov ball in 2013 TONS of people were pissed and didn't want to see them. but I was there and it was amazing how Axl ended up basically taking over and everyone there rushed to the mainstage. it was quite a night and tons of fun to see them win over a few new fans.

I expect Coachella to be the same but this times its Axl, Slash and Duff now that is COOL

Honestly, I don't think they'll face that kind of hostility from the crowd.  That crowd are, typically, a very happy bunch looking for a reason to party, not a reason to boo the acts on stage. And the "reunited" version is going to play very well for the crowd, IMHO.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2016, 03:23:50 PM »

But you're going to see a LOT more millenials than, say...the 30 to 40 crowd. 

Yeah. That's true for many festivals though. You go camping with your friends and see a bunch of bands.
Then you got festivals who've realized that there's a big market in people who don't wanna sleep in a tent...  hihi

That's basically because they've been fed the same old stories for decades and that's all they know.
Then once they saw the band with their own eyes, it wasn't what they had been told.... It was fun!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »

In fairness, I am old as dirt, so I am not current with this stuff.  I'm just curious what the crowd predominantly is.  Lollapalooza was mainly an indie rock crowd, at least in the beginning, but what is Coachella?  This young generation scares and confuses me.  

Millenials, primarily. 18 to 30 year olds (heavy on the 18 to 25 groups).  And a TON of celebrities.  Generally they are an appreciative and friendly audience from what I've seen.  They're a happy (sometimes chemically Smiley  ) crowd, for sure.

It has sort of a "woodstock" vibe, but with a much more commercial presence.  It's kind of hard to explain. 

It's a very different vibe than, say, Reading, Leads, or Rock in Rio, though, which seem a little more "hardcore".

I see, thanks, it's still possible I'll take the trek out west, hope I can swing it, would love to experience this.
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #449 on: January 07, 2016, 03:40:58 PM »

But you're going to see a LOT more millenials than, say...the 30 to 40 crowd. 

Yeah. That's true for many festivals though. You go camping with your friends and see a bunch of bands.
Then you got festivals who've realized that there's a big market in people who don't wanna sleep in a tent...  hihi

That's basically because they've been fed the same old stories for decades and that's all they know.
Then once they saw the band with their own eyes, it wasn't what they had been told.... It was fun!

/jarmo

it was a blast and cannot wait to do the same out in California

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #450 on: January 07, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »

Your post reminds me of another point.

Sometimes people ask "why would they play there?". Meaning, a festival with a totally different crowd than your usual GN'R concert.
Well, that's probably one of the reasons. Which is what festivals are pretty cool for. Lots of people get to see lots of artists they wouldn't see otherwise. Hell, some might even discover new artists they might become fans of....

It's like watching a TV series and hearing a song you like, but never heard before. So you go on iTunes and get it after...  Cool

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #451 on: January 07, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »

Not sure if this has been asked, but with Duff back in the band, does McBob introduce the band like the old days 'Of all the bands in the world, this is definitely one of them, from Hollywood, Guns N' Roses'?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #452 on: January 07, 2016, 04:08:55 PM »

Coachella is very much the "IT" festival these days it seems as well...It gets a lot of media attention... I'm sure the big three are being paid VERY handsomely for it....

I think it's perfect... great start to this whole... whatever you want to call it reunion..regrouping..whatever.

Hopefully they just kill it those two nights... and it will just be the start of an epic run.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #453 on: January 07, 2016, 04:09:38 PM »

Your post reminds me of another point.

Sometimes people ask "why would they play there?". Meaning, a festival with a totally different crowd than your usual GN'R concert.
Well, that's probably one of the reasons. Which is what festivals are pretty cool for. Lots of people get to see lots of artists they wouldn't see otherwise. Hell, some might even discover new artists they might become fans of....

It's like watching a TV series and hearing a song you like, but never heard before. So you go on iTunes and get it after...  Cool

/jarmo

This is another reason why I would like to see them go out of the box with their opening acts if the Stadium Tour happens.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #454 on: January 07, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »

This is another reason why I would like to see them go out of the box with their opening acts if the Stadium Tour happens.

You mean like with NIN in 1991?
That must've been a sight...

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #455 on: January 07, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »

You know what kinda sucks in a way....

obviously they don't need to promote this for coachella... so until they announce further plans... there's no reason for anybody to be out their talking this up...

and I really really really want to hear from these 3 already.....  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #456 on: January 07, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »

You know what kinda sucks in a way....

obviously they don't need to promote this for coachella... so until they announce further plans... there's no reason for anybody to be out their talking this up...

and I really really really want to hear from these 3 already.....  Smiley

Agreed.  Hopefully there will be a proper tour announcement soon where we can actually get some face time with these guys, and get their thoughts.

Question: Does announcing a tour prior to Coachella go against the "first look" deal they may or may not have with the festival?  If so, I guess that would rule out warm shows too.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #457 on: January 07, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »

While we continue to wait for official word from the Guns N? Roses camp regarding who?s on board for the group?s upcoming Coachella shows, it?s time to take a moment to gather the latest rumors about the 2016 GNR lineup. As previously reported, we already know that Slash and Duff McKagan are back in the fold for the Coachella concerts. If recent reports are to be trusted, frontman Axl Rose will also be joined by a handful of vets from the more recent version of the group, with guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer and keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman mentioned as the strongest candidates to take the stage. As tends to be the case with this sort of thing, what we have to go on stems from social media posts from the musicians and/or people connected to them. Ferrer, for instance, retweeted congratulations from a user who said he and Fortus gave the GNR lineup ?a shot in the arm? and called them ?all the best guys.? Whether that?s a sign that they?re involved or just a tribute to time spent in the trenches is up to your interpretation, but the timing seems significant.

Guns N? Roses Lineup: Fortus, Ferrer, Reed and Pitman Reportedly Part of Reunion | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-lineup/

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #458 on: January 07, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »

Not sure if this has been asked, but with Duff back in the band, does McBob introduce the band like the old days 'Of all the bands in the world, this is definitely one of them, from Hollywood, Guns N' Roses'?

That dude had such a cool voice.  He was great in that role.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #459 on: January 07, 2016, 04:39:06 PM »

All One Day:

Guns N' Roses (ROCK) - Zeed (ElectroHouseMusic) - Ice Cube (GangstaRapHipHop)

Only Example Some Artist This Day

Wink

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: