Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 127158 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #360 on: January 06, 2016, 12:01:33 PM »

I applaud Axl for finally growing up and getting past it.  I will never understand how we are supposed to see that as a bad thing.

He was getting downright embarrassing the way he was talking about Slash.  Saying one of them will be dead in a box before they talk again.  A little over the top, no?  Unless you walked in on a guy literally fucking your Mom the same day you found out he hacked into your bank account and stole all your money, that sort of talk made Axl look silly.

I love these developments.  They should be cheered, not shit on.

Is this cheering current developments or shitting on recent past?  Even if your uninformed characterization of past tensions is accurate, why go there now?  'Great game Joey, you were so much better than last week when you really sucked!'  C'mon, Costanza, show us you're Penske material.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:12:33 PM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #361 on: January 06, 2016, 12:02:36 PM »

I really like Bumble Jarmo
Does this include "bitterness"?

Not automatically.

But if you're a fan of his and start attacking GN'R because he quit... Then maybe there's some bitterness involved.

Is this cheering current developments or shitting on recent past? 

Glad you pointed it out. I didn't want to. He might get annoyed.... hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #362 on: January 06, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »

I applaud Axl for finally growing up and getting past it.  I will never understand how we are supposed to see that as a bad thing.

He was getting downright embarrassing the way he was talking about Slash.  Saying one of them will be dead in a box before they talk again.  A little over the top, no?  Unless you walked in on a guy literally fucking your Mom the same day you found out he hacked into your bank account and stole all your money, that sort of talk made Axl look silly.

Is this cheering current developments or shitting on recent past?  Even if your uninformed characterization of past tensions is accurate, why go there now?  'Great game Joey, you were so much better than last week when you really sucked!'  C'mon, Costanza, show us your Penske material.  

Well said George!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #363 on: January 06, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »

I hope it doesn't happen.  He totally does not deserve to be involved. Just my .02.

I'm not quite that militant.

I would not bat an eye at his exclusion.  I would understand and agree.

But I'm not so dug in that if the other guys were open to it, I'd still be against it.  They are the ones that have to deal with his bullshit, not us.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #364 on: January 06, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »

If I knew for a fact that it was just going to be Coachella... I'd do what I had to do to get out there...

But I'm sure the reports of the big tour to follow are true... most of the other stuff has come to fruition so far... and I'm sure NYC/Boston would be one of the big stops.

Im all over NYC ish area, and Met Life seems to be a sure bet!. Coachella works for me having family out there nearby already makes it just a better vacation with family and friends out there. But will only do one show out there, and save the other 400$ for later shows on their own.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: January 06, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »

I really like Bumble Jarmo
Does this include "bitterness"?

Not automatically.

But if you're a fan of his and start attacking GN'R because he quit... Then maybe there's some bitterness involved.

Won't 😉
I was sad when he left - loved his way of communicating...
But then again...hell has frozen over! 😉😜😜

Is this cheering current developments or shitting on recent past? 

Glad you pointed it out. I didn't want to. He might get annoyed.... hihi

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:08:13 PM by lostdream » Logged

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #366 on: January 06, 2016, 12:07:46 PM »

If I knew for a fact that it was just going to be Coachella... I'd do what I had to do to get out there...

But I'm sure the reports of the big tour to follow are true... most of the other stuff has come to fruition so far... and I'm sure NYC/Boston would be one of the big stops.

Im all over NYC ish area, and Met Life seems to be a sure bet!. Coachella works for me having family out there nearby already makes it just a better vacation with family and friends out there. But will only do one show out there, and save the other 400$ for later shows on their own.

I will definitely drive a few hours to add some shows... Philli.. Boston.. and my casual GNR fan friends will all be down for these.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #367 on: January 06, 2016, 12:08:21 PM »

Is this cheering current developments or shitting on recent past?  Even if your uninformed characterization of past tensions is accurate, why go there now?  'Great game Joey, you were so much better than last week when you really sucked!'  C'mon, Costanza, show us your Penske material.  

You see what you want to see, I suppose.

But, since Jarmo quoted a part that exact post agreeing with the sentiment as well as without anything snide to say to me, I tend to think the post passed muster.

"I'm not too worried about it". - Mr. Kruger

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #368 on: January 06, 2016, 12:11:14 PM »

Let's just leave bitterness out of the equation. Let's just enjoy what's going on right now, even if it doesn't last after the Coachella thing...

As long as remembering old quotes and stuff, we can go on and on about things said by every band member (or employee, if u will), but that doesn't change the fact that this is actually happening right now.

I still remember Axl saying in 91 that he couldn't see himself trying to duplicate what GNR was... In 94 he said the next album would take a shorter direction (compared to "Illusions")... and then BOOM! Everything changed overnight.

Other bands have made the exact same thing and no one receives such negativity.

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #369 on: January 06, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »

I just selectively quoted one line I agreed with, because I know how upset you can get if I point out how you're often adding negativity in many of your posts.

Can't be all positive, even in times like these I guess...  no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #370 on: January 06, 2016, 12:11:41 PM »

NYC should be great this summer (MetLife) but I am blowing my load today for Coachella, I mean once in a lifetime!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #371 on: January 06, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »

Excelent LineUp

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2016, 12:15:39 PM »

You see what you want to see, I suppose.

But, since Jarmo quoted a part that exact post agreeing with the sentiment as well as without anything snide to say to me, I tend to think the post passed muster.

"I'm not too worried about it". - Mr. Kruger

I will say, that was a trademark Costanza move, last line was positive, so you left on a high note.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »

NYC should be great this summer (MetLife) but I am blowing my load today for Coachella, I mean once in a lifetime!

I am actually holding off on Coachella.  In the history of the band since the release of the Illusions there have been multiple instances of a big show/tour announced that a few weeks later announced 'warm up' shows that preceded them.  Think the UYI tour (club tour), Rock in Rio 3 (Vegas), 2006 European tour (Hammerstein shows).  I just feel like GNR would not make their big comeback at a festival show with a shortened set list, but I could of course be very wrong.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #374 on: January 06, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »

I just selectively quoted one line I agreed with, because I know how upset you can get if I point out how you're often adding negativity in many of your posts.

Can't be all positive, even in times like these I guess...  no

Yeah...life's hard.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #375 on: January 06, 2016, 12:21:32 PM »

On Adler, I still say if he's involved, it's for 2-3 songs tops if they can work out some kind of ironclad deal.  Let's say he was the drummer, it'd just be an hour show...Because that's all he can play. There's 3.5 other albums worth of songs to consider. He couldn't handle it, and you can bet the the three of them know it.

Axl once said that with someone as desperate as Steven, even doing just a few songs could result in years of legal aftermath.  There's also that to consider.

So color me Team Frank.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #376 on: January 06, 2016, 12:26:55 PM »

Yeah...life's hard.

It's been obvious to some of us for a while now. Don't worry. No need to spell out how hard your life is. Smiley

/jarmo

johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #377 on: January 06, 2016, 12:27:16 PM »

I am actually holding off on Coachella.  In the history of the band since the release of the Illusions there have been multiple instances of a big show/tour announced that a few weeks later announced 'warm up' shows that preceded them.  Think the UYI tour (club tour), Rock in Rio 3 (Vegas), 2006 European tour (Hammerstein shows).  I just feel like GNR would not make their big comeback at a festival show with a shortened set list, but I could of course be very wrong.  

I bet there are warmups too but most likely in the LA area (I live in NYC) so the first "big" show I want to be there, also it doesn't hurt that's its going to be a great weekend with a group of 10 friends just partying and getting some California sun! So I say Fuck it i'll go!

Now if GNR sneaks into NYC for a warm up show well then.......

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2016, 12:29:31 PM »

Could a "first appearance" deal with Coachella get in the way of warm up shows in the LA area?
Princess Leia
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »

OK, here's what bugs me about this....and it's actually NOT the rumor.

Ultimate guitar (and a couple other places) basically cut up an Eddie Trunk blog post, using it to source the rumor, and inserted some questions to make it look like UG interviewed Trunk.

Which isn't, remotely, what happened, here.

Sorry, I just find stuff like this annoying.  How about just cp-ing trunk's post, linking back to his site, and giving the guy all the credit for the rumor.

Here, keep in mind is  a bit long.

http://eddietrunk.com/15-my-latest-on-the-guns-n-roses-reunion-news/

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: