Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 09:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 127139 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2016, 09:39:20 AM »

Not in this way. People change but this is too much. Axl turned 180?. "One Of The Two Of Us Will Die Before A Reunion" "not in this life time" "he is in my ass".

2014 Axl interview, talking about a reunion:

You feel that people have pushed you to try to make that happen?

Well, I feel there's people in the industry who feel that they can make some money off that. So that's what they want. Even our last U.S. arena tour, that was put together by yet another manager and agent, who we eventually let go and took the tour over. But at the time of taking it over, most of it was already in place. So then we made it work for us, but had it been set up the way we feel it should have been from the beginning it could have been more successful than it was.

I mean, this is a lot of change in a short time. This is like a goodbye tour, after this, GNR is over. There wont be a re reform GNR. For me, this is the end.
"New" GNR was pretty success, people came to love that band, new sound, new material. Now all that years of work are carry out to the trash.

Team Brazil? they are prettty good with Axl's money. They sucked. Their behaviour with Ron was a shit. They wanted this, they pulled Axl to the reunion, and Axl is like a robot now, i dont know what happen with him.
Im dissapointed with Axl.

Really? Dissapointed? Wow...

You must be bitter about something... Deal with that and stop being such a bitch.

If you haven't noticed, Axl does whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Get over it.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: January 06, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »

OMg!!!
Your fucking opinion will kill it all!!! NOT!!
Searching button "Eurlos love to have fun"! 😜😜

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2016, 09:50:28 AM »

Not in this way. People change but this is too much. Axl turned 180?. "One Of The Two Of Us Will Die Before A Reunion" "not in this life time" "he is in my ass".

Well, I feel there's people in the industry who feel that they can make some money off that. So that's what they want. Even our last U.S. arena tour, that was put together by yet another manager and agent, who we eventually let go and took the tour over. But at the time of taking it over, most of it was already in place. So then we made it work for us, but had it been set up the way we feel it should have been from the beginning it could have been more successful than it was.

I mean, this is a lot of change in a short time. This is like a goodbye tour, after this, GNR is over. There wont be a re reform GNR. For me, this is the end.
"New" GNR was pretty success, people came to love that band, new sound, new material. Now all that years of work are carry out to the trash.

Team Brazil? they are prettty good with Axl's money. They sucked. Their behaviour with Ron was a shit. They wanted this, they pulled Axl to the reunion, and Axl is like a robot now, i dont know what happen with him.

I think the piece that you are overlooking is the introduction of a sober Duff back into Axl's life. When everything went down in the 90's Duff was loaded with booze and coke, Slash was strung out, and Axl's life was in shambles personally between Erin, Stephanie, and dealing with everyone practically killing themselves in his band.

Fast forward to 2010, London happens and the lines of communication are open between a healthy Duff and Axl. Duff can now start giving Axl a run down on where a healthy Slash is at personally then at some point Duff had to have put them in touch. I think Slash's divorce probably even played a part...

The Slash that Axl was bashing was an active heroine addict... even though I'm sure he's heard reports of his recovery... that level of distrust is had to fix, I think that is where Duff came in. Duff can personally say that he has more than a decade of time spent working off and on with Slash and can vouch for the fact that he has changed. At that point maybe Axl gives Slash a quick meeting and it turns into hours of reminiscing and talking what they both love... Themselves (just kidding)... Music.

matty29
Headliner

« Reply #343 on: January 06, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »

What is the litmus test for how much someone can change?  Axl is a pragmatist.  The situation changed enough for him to feel like he could make it work, and he did.  He may have felt that way about slash at the time, and that's fine.  What matters is whats happening now.  CD isnt dead, its a great album that will stand as a testament to that period.   As far as this being it, what basis do you have to say that? Look at the never gonna happen reunions that have been successful for years?  VH? Goddamn AEROSMITH?Huh

As far as you trashing Team Brazil for whatever it is you think they did...

Mr. Alex, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:38:14 AM by matty29 » Logged
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »

Sorry man, I respect your opinion, but what you said is a lot of shit .

Axl is the same guy , the situation has changed because everyone is more mature for this to happen, fans are very f@## happy for it.

And this will not be the end of the GNR
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:56:44 AM by Slashrose » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2016, 11:05:09 AM »

The irony of some previous posts makes me  rofl

To say TB (and, honestly, I HATE that name for them, but will use because I have nothing else to use) "dragged Axl to a reunion", after hearing, for years, how TB was/would be the biggest stumbling block to a reunion, and, ultimately, they are the ones presiding over sed reunion...all of it is just too much.  I feel like my sides are splitting, I'm laughing so hard.

The arm chair QBing on that front has been, and will continue to be, a source of endless amusement for me.  I'm sure those much closer involved don't find it nearly as funny, but...well....Fernando does seem to have a pretty wicked sense of humor, so...maybe....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2016, 11:16:42 AM »

I applaud Axl for finally growing up and getting past it.  I will never understand how we are supposed to see that as a bad thing.

He was getting downright embarrassing the way he was talking about Slash.  Saying one of them will be dead in a box before they talk again.  A little over the top, no?  Unless you walked in on a guy literally fucking your Mom the same day you found out he hacked into your bank account and stole all your money, that sort of talk made Axl look silly.

I love these developments.  They should be cheered, not shit on.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
alex
Opening Act

« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »

Thanks to everybody to answer!
I try to write as good as i can ( i'm from south america)

And to those who wrote sarcasm, the same for you!!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »

Agreed.

That Alex guy sure seems bitter about something. Maybe he's a Bumblefoot fan.  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2016, 11:48:49 AM »

The irony of some previous posts makes me  rofl

To say TB (and, honestly, I HATE that name for them, but will use because I have nothing else to use) "dragged Axl to a reunion", after hearing, for years, how TB was/would be the biggest stumbling block to a reunion, and, ultimately, they are the ones presiding over sed reunion...all of it is just too much.  I feel like my sides are splitting, I'm laughing so hard.

The arm chair QBing on that front has been, and will continue to be, a source of endless amusement for me.  I'm sure those much closer involved don't find it nearly as funny, but...well....Fernando does seem to have a pretty wicked sense of humor, so...maybe....

In fairness isn't team brazil the name they gave themselves for their management company?  Smiley

They are all aces in my book! Guarantee me a show this summer in the NYC are and then they are really aces.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2016, 11:51:04 AM »

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_drummer_steven_adler_is_negotiating_with_gnr_to_join_the_reunited_lineup.html

Gotta feel for the guy. Nobody has wanted this longer than he... But it's his own doing.

Side note: video of him playing sounds good and feels right. I don't think he still has that swing everyone talks about. Sounds like a drummer who can play a song. Nothing too extraordinary in my opinion.

Frank is entertaining as hell to watch tho.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2016, 11:52:25 AM »

Sounds like he could do some guest spots...

I hope so .. would be cool to see...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2016, 11:52:37 AM »

In fairness isn't team brazil the name they gave themselves for their management company?  Smiley

Maybe. If so I find it a bit less bothersome.  I thought the fans and message board denizens coined the term. It's never been my favorite way to refer to them.  I usually stick with "managment", but, in this case...I had to be more specific.

They are all aces in my book! Guarantee me a show this summer in the NYC are and then they are really aces.

I agree, 100%.   Boston (ish) and/or NYC (ish) for me, too.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2016, 11:56:11 AM »

OK, here's what bugs me about this....and it's actually NOT the rumor.

Ultimate guitar (and a couple other places) basically cut up an Eddie Trunk blog post, using it to source the rumor, and inserted some questions to make it look like UG interviewed Trunk.

Which isn't, remotely, what happened, here.

Sorry, I just find stuff like this annoying.  How about just cp-ing trunk's post, linking back to his site, and giving the guy all the credit for the rumor.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »

If I knew for a fact that it was just going to be Coachella... I'd do what I had to do to get out there...

But I'm sure the reports of the big tour to follow are true... most of the other stuff has come to fruition so far... and I'm sure NYC/Boston would be one of the big stops.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »

It would be awesome as hell to see all 5 play all AFD and a few EP songs. That would be fucking epic!!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #356 on: January 06, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »

OK, here's what bugs me about this....and it's actually NOT the rumor.

Ultimate guitar (and a couple other places) basically cut up an Eddie Trunk blog post, using it to source the rumor, and inserted some questions to make it look like UG interviewed Trunk.

Which isn't, remotely, what happened, here.

Sorry, I just find stuff like this annoying.  How about just cp-ing trunk's post, linking back to his site, and giving the guy all the credit for the rumor.

Agreed.

One would think Trunk got that from the horses mouth too.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #357 on: January 06, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »

Agreed.

That Alex guy sure seems bitter about something. Maybe he's a Bumblefoot fan.  Huh

I really like Bumble Jarmo 😉
Does this include "bitterness"?
😜😜

/jarmo

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #358 on: January 06, 2016, 11:59:04 AM »

If I knew for a fact that it was just going to be Coachella... I'd do what I had to do to get out there...

But I'm sure the reports of the big tour to follow are true... most of the other stuff has come to fruition so far... and I'm sure NYC/Boston would be one of the big stops.

I couldn't do west coast, either way.  Too far, too hard to get out there, and too hard to be away from work (esp this year) for that long.  I thought about it for about half a second til I got about 1/3 of the way through the expense tally ($$ and time) and realized it just wasn't in the cards.

But if they are anywhere within 300 miles of my front door...it's on like Donkey Kong.

Together again,
Annie
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »

I hope it doesn't happen.  He totally does not deserve to be involved. Just my .02.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: