Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:32:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 127360 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »

Not sure if it was posted yet, just saw, ...

GN'R MODERATOR wrote:
NIGHTRAIN - Stay glued to this forum tomorrow? You will hate yourself if you don't.

Where do you see that?? I am on the Nightrain forum, havent seen where that post is.  Tired eyes after last night though!
I am glued!
So, anyone? Are we gonna have some more news coming up later?

In 2001 I was an Axl Rose supporter.
After 15 years, all of the struggles, with just one album that was pretty much butt-raped by the Label I don't think whether its a matter of Considering the Slashless incarnation of GNR as GNR.

I see NUGNR (I can't say New, cause now Its Old) as an egg.

Axl tried to lay a new GNR egg. It was conceived, in part with Love from Axl and the rest, in part with semen from the Rapist (The Label) ,  it was in the womb for far too long, and when it was finally hatched, we got what seemed like a abnormal twisted GNR baby bird due to the rapist's semen.
Eeeeewwwwww puke

matty29
Headliner

« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »

More annoyed, really.

3 times he came back with that, after I twice tried to move past it. 

Considering you brought it up to begin with....

And calm down. Take some deep breaths. Think of Axl in his shorts or something.  Smiley

LOLZ

Read my sig, bro.  Not like you've ever needed encouragement to do so.

Couldn't be happier with recent developments. 

You guys are a RIOT!  The guy with the web site and 35k posts tells the other guy with almost 7k posts "its just a rock band".  Lets be honest, if you post here, its not just a rock band.  Its part of who you are which gives everyone the right to feel however they want to.  That said, chicken was AFD URI era GNR, the egg was CD.  That is not up for dispute.  You simply can't have one without the other.  So if you are defending the wall for new guns, you gotta know that the roots are what made it possible.  I personally think the band was never better musically as they were around the time of RR3.  Super solid, aggressive, great stuff however i still think the chemistry that existed was one of a kind prior to that.  

I for one, don't and will never blame any member past or present for the changes that happen in this band.  Who are any of us to determine how these guys should feel.  As a rock fan, i'm just thrilled that they are open to working together again to see what it looks like today.  And as a GNR fan, i'm as excited as i ever have been about this band.  

I think this is a time to come together as a community of fans and pat ourselves on the back for sticking with it through thick and mostly thin over the past 20 years.  If you feel cheated because you don't like this particular lineup together than you are projecting the same negativity that you have ranted about for a decade or more.  Lets fuckin enjoy it, tomorrow is never promised!

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2016, 01:04:15 PM »

Seeing Slash and Duff post that picture last night got me so hyped up..never going to forget this.

That was the coolest thing, I think.

It was Slash's picture I shared on my FB feed, making sure to point out it was from him and not GNR.

Ha I did the same freaking thing....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »

So much for the smart ones who said it would never happen and the past is dead.

A little at odds with the quote in blue under your post!

No, not at all. Never had a problem laughing at something from the past. Only a problem with things that brought sadness, disappointment, and bitterness into my life.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
stephan
Headliner

« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »

Frank and Richard are in I think.
Nice retweet

https://twitter.com/FrankFerrer66

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2016, 01:25:10 PM »

I'm happy, Slash and Duff back!  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »

So much for the smart ones who said it would never happen and the past is dead.

A little at odds with the quote in blue under your post!

No, not at all. Never had a problem laughing at something from the past. Only a problem with things that brought sadness, disappointment, and bitterness into my life.

Fair enough. I think it's healthy thought that most GNR fans always looked at the present/future as the best thing, and wanted to move on from past glories. Now of course, the past has become the present and (maybe) future, so god knows!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »

You guys are a RIOT!  The guy with the web site and 35k posts tells the other guy with almost 7k posts "its just a rock band".  Lets be honest, if you post here, its not just a rock band.  Its part of who you are which gives everyone the right to feel however they want to.  

It was a silly little joke. When discussing the band with people who don't agree with me, their comeback often is that I need to relax that it's just a rock band.
Ironically they seem to get upset/annoyed about stuff all the time.... Smiley

You're right, it's not just a rock band. It's my favorite rock band. And more than that. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »

Yeah, the "it's just a rock band" is a just a joke between me and my buddy here.  That's all good.

The frequent borderline homophobia taunts though, that's sort of weird.  Come back to it too many times now to not raise an eyebrow.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »

Yeah, the "it's just a rock band" is a just a joke between me and my buddy here.  That's all good.

The frequent borderline homophobia taunts though, that's sort of weird.  Come back to it too many times now to not raise an eyebrow.

Homophobic? As in a fear of homosexuals?  I don't see any taunts that would indicate that....maybe you mean another word (homoerotic, maybe??).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2016, 01:45:21 PM »

Homophobic? As in a fear of homosexuals?  I don't see any taunts that would indicate that....maybe you mean another word (homoerotic, maybe??).

Perhaps that's the wrong word. 

But he goes to that "what are you, some kind of fag" type material pretty often, and often out of nowhere.

It's just...odd.  I feel like I'm back in 6th grade, almost.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2016, 01:48:23 PM »

Perhaps that's the wrong word. 

But he goes to that "what are you, some kind of fag" type material pretty often, and often out of nowhere.

It's just...odd.  I feel like I'm back in 6th grade, almost.

Again, I've never seen him use that word, ever.  And, honestly, that's not the example I would use, because it looks like you're accusing him of using homophobic slurs, and, afaik, he never has.

Maybe you're looking for "grade school level insults", or something of that type....maybe that's what you're feeling/reading.  IDK, because I'm not sure of the exact feeling or words you're trying to convey.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2016, 01:49:08 PM »

Trust me, I have zero interest in your sexual orientation.
Whatever it is, doesn't bother me. All that doesn't matter to me. People are people. No matter their sexual orientation, nationality, gender, skin color or age etc.. Smiley

You're just trying to deflect from the fact that I saw some humor in your comments about how you think of Axl, and what he's wearing in your thoughts.  Kiss

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:50:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2016, 01:51:22 PM »

What a great way to start the year. Nice how they made the announcement on the site. Can't wait to hear what else is coming this year.  beer

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »

What a great way to start the year. Nice how they made the announcement on the site. Can't wait to hear what else is coming this year.  beer

Yeah, the fan club members were among the first to hear about it. Very cool. Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2016, 01:54:54 PM »

Maybe you're looking for "grade school level insults", or something of that type....maybe that's what you're feeling/reading.  IDK, because I'm not sure of the exact feeling or words you're trying to convey.

I forget the exact origin of it.  Wasn't long ago though.

We were talking about Axl's physical appearance, as I recall.  And from there things jumped to "you sure spend a lot of time thinking about other guy's looks" or some such.  That seems like the sort of thing one might hear in the recess yard.

And there have been more than a handful of times he's come back to it out of nowhere, like the crack about the shorts upthread.  So its never far off his mind when he talks to me.

Again...just odd.  Not insulting or offensive, but definitely odd.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #256 on: January 05, 2016, 01:58:51 PM »

I forget the exact origin of it.  Wasn't long ago though.

We were talking about Axl's physical appearance, as I recall.  And from there things jumped to "you sure spend a lot of time thinking about other guy's looks" or some such.  That seems like the sort of thing one might hear in the recess yard.

And there have been more than a handful of times he's come back to it out of nowhere, like the crack about the shorts upthread.  So its never far off his mind when he talks to me.

Again...just odd.  Not insulting or offensive, but definitely odd.

Yup, the term you're looking for is "homoerotic reference". For sure.

Which isn't bad, or offensive. 

Together again,
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #257 on: January 05, 2016, 02:17:26 PM »

Im   Undecided right now! I dont get my sallary before 12th of January!!!  Huh And i neeeed tickits for this!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »

Im   Undecided right now! I dont get my sallary before 12th of January!!!  Huh And i neeeed tickits for this!

I'm hoping tickets for the LARGER tour do not go on sale before the end of January.  I've got a bonus coming the 29th which will take care of a couple tickets (even on the high end).  But before that? Iffy.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2016, 02:22:33 PM »

The old "I joke, I bust balls, but I can't handle if the same is done to me".... peace

The guy is an amusing source of humor.

NIGHTRAIN - Stay glued to this forum tomorrow… You will hate yourself if you don't.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:24:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: