Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 118974 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #460 on: January 07, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »

You know what kinda sucks in a way....

obviously they don't need to promote this for coachella... so until they announce further plans... there's no reason for anybody to be out their talking this up...

and I really really really want to hear from these 3 already.....  Smiley

Perhaps that's when he goes on Kimmel.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #461 on: January 07, 2016, 04:41:34 PM »

Question: Does announcing a tour prior to Coachella go against the "first look" deal they may or may not have with the festival?  If so, I guess that would rule out warm shows too.

I think it might.  I don't know Coachella threw all this loot at them so they could do their first gig back together at some club.

I just hope they rehearse, and I mean honest to god rehearse.  The Stones do warm up shows in Toronto before their tours, but before they even do that, they all get together and play in some warehouse or somewhere to decide which songs work, which don't, and in some cases...what songs they need to get reaquanited with.

That's how we got 'Memory Motel' on the 'Bridges To Babylon' tour.  A song they had never done live.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #462 on: January 07, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »

Question: Does announcing a tour prior to Coachella go against the "first look" deal they may or may not have with the festival?  If so, I guess that would rule out warm shows too.

It could.
I think in the past, there's been cases when they didn't announce new dates until just before the festival was happening.

That dude had such a cool voice.  He was great in that role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF9gzyIQHWE

You're welcome. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #463 on: January 07, 2016, 04:45:51 PM »

It could.
I think in the past, there's been cases when they didn't announce new dates until just before the festival was happening.

/jarmo

Hammerstein In May 2006

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #464 on: January 07, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »

It could.

Hammerstein In May 2006

ok

I was thinking more like GN'R playing the Download festival in early June 2006, and then at the end of May they announced the UK tour that took place in July.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #465 on: January 07, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »

It could.

Hammerstein In May 2006

ok

I was thinking more like GN'R playing the Download festival in early June 2006, and then at the end of May they announced the UK tour that took place in July.

/jarmo

Ahhh, Is True

Wink

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #466 on: January 07, 2016, 05:30:09 PM »

This is another reason why I would like to see them go out of the box with their opening acts if the Stadium Tour happens.

You mean like with NIN in 1991?
That must've been a sight...

/jarmo

Exactly, it is certainly not a given that a fan other either of those bands was also a fan of the other. It helps open up both bands to more and more fans. That's why I would shy aware from something like Skid Row if that reunion happened, while I would love to see them, and I really like Sebastian,  I just think getting introduced to something that I'm not normally exposed to (Like even Mix Master Mike in 2002) is interesting.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #467 on: January 07, 2016, 05:55:48 PM »

I wonder if we'll hear classic Guns playing Chinese Democracy songs? Or if we'll hear Axl singing some Velvet Revolver tunes?

SOOO much speculation!  Cool

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #468 on: January 07, 2016, 06:03:37 PM »

I wonder if we'll hear classic Guns playing Chinese Democracy songs? Or if we'll hear Axl singing some Velvet Revolver tunes?

ChinDem Is Disc Of GNR

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2016, 09:19:40 PM »

It would be a cool thing to hear those songs played by those guys. Slash has a certain style of playing that suits Axl's voice. To hear Axl sing those VR tuned or Slash to play some Chin Dem would be awesome. I'm just hoping to hear some Illusions tunes that weren't really played before like Dont Damn Me or Breakdown

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2016, 09:20:30 PM »

Howard Stern talked about the GNR Coachella news the other day. He wants to interview, who doesn't these days. I think it'd be a great interview though someday, if they choose to go that route. Howard offers his guests hour long plus interviews with no commercials to speak their minds. I'd love to hear it.  peace

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwWR8iiMaMg

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #471 on: January 07, 2016, 09:36:38 PM »

I've said it before, but Howard would be the best interview we've ever gotten.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #472 on: January 07, 2016, 09:36:38 PM »

That dude had such a cool voice.  He was great in that role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF9gzyIQHWE

You're welcome. Wink

/jarmo

I totally forgot he worked with Ron... There is a Premier Guitar video where Ron covers his rig in a similar fashion and he meting McBob... I can here Ron saying it in that thick New York accent...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2016, 09:47:05 PM »

My favorite band on my favorite show. Been waiting to hear it for years. Hope we get it! But, the big hurdle has been cleared. That's the most important part.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #474 on: January 07, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »

Howard Stern talked about the GNR Coachella news the other day. He wants to interview, who doesn't these days. I think it'd be a great interview though someday, if they choose to go that route. Howard offers his guests hour long plus interviews with no commercials to speak their minds. I'd love to hear it.  peace

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwWR8iiMaMg

Publicado el 7 ene. 2016
Howard and Robin discuss Guns N' Roses reuniting for Coachella

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #475 on: January 07, 2016, 10:46:52 PM »

Its great news. This will only be a 20 or so date thing at the most id say..im just glad there talking again. Any more is a bonus  beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #476 on: January 07, 2016, 11:35:43 PM »

My favorite band on my favorite show. Been waiting to hear it for years. Hope we get it! But, the big hurdle has been cleared. That's the most important part.

I havnt been a stern fan in many years.  His schtick has gotten very old

However

With like his hilly Joel interview last year.   He is one of the best places to hear a big star get interviewed.     I am a still a fan of that.   Not so much of his games
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #477 on: January 08, 2016, 01:31:45 AM »

Billboard posted on twitter

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Princess Leia
« Reply #478 on: January 08, 2016, 06:41:04 AM »

Surreal... Not the billboard, the rain in Southern California  Grin
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #479 on: January 08, 2016, 07:23:11 AM »

Does anyone know if Coachella will be on Pay Per view?

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: