Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 09:48:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 119398 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #400 on: January 06, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »

I got my Coachella tix thanks to the Nightrain Forum.... SO WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE TO ROCK WITH SG in a sea of hipsters?Huh Am I the only one going?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #401 on: January 06, 2016, 05:23:47 PM »

I got my Coachella tix thanks to the Nightrain Forum.... SO WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE TO ROCK WITH SG in a sea of hipsters?Huh Am I the only one going?

Answers here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=4.0

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #402 on: January 06, 2016, 06:14:59 PM »

Hey, this news is all very exciting. It's something we never thought we'd see.

But you know what I hope for more than anything as a fan? I hope that there is a catharsis for the old band on a personal level. Harboring feelings of resentment or hate is unhealthy. I say this without any understanding as to what happened when these guys parted ways, but I hope this means there has been forgiveness and that it's a good thing for their emotional well being.

I hope this reunion is an outward sign of some inward happiness for these guys I've idolized since I was a teenager. They've provided me a lot of joy through the years, and I think they deserve some as well.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #403 on: January 06, 2016, 06:42:55 PM »

Coachella
‏@coachella

Thank you.

8:59 PM - 6 Jan 2016

I read that they sold out in about an hour.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:44:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: January 06, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »

Apparently that is normal for coachella sell out? Hopefully now we may hear more about any future plans.........

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
enyquist82
Opening Act

« Reply #405 on: January 06, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »

There's definitely a good group of NYC'ers here... we should have a big pre game for a NY/NJ show.

I'm in!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #406 on: January 06, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

Guns N' Roses

Coachella Tickets Are Sold Out But...

Nightrain members, you still have access to your exclusive tickets through tomorrow. Sales end at 12noon PST. Log-in to your account for details.

/jarmo

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #407 on: January 06, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »

There's definitely a good group of NYC'ers here... we should have a big pre game for a NY/NJ show.

I would definitely be interested in doing that.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #408 on: January 06, 2016, 07:25:13 PM »

Guns N' Roses

Nightrain members, you still have access to your exclusive tickets through tomorrow. Sales end at 12noon PST. Log-in to your account for details.

/jarmo

Jarmo do you know how much time it took for the tickets to sell out? Some fan sites in Brazil are reporting something like less than an hour!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #409 on: January 06, 2016, 07:27:26 PM »

Guns N' Roses

/jarmo

Jarmo do you know how much time it took for the tickets to sell out? Some fan sites in Brazil are reporting something like less than an hour!

I heard 30 minutes  Grin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #410 on: January 06, 2016, 07:47:10 PM »

Coachella tweeted that the tickets were on sale at 8:00 PM (my local time) and then thank you at 8:59 PM. So definitely less than an hour.

/jarmo

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #411 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »

I found buying a hotel package 8.6 miles from the venue did the trick... One man going two tickets flying! Over time here I come ...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #412 on: January 06, 2016, 09:23:08 PM »

I don't really get how some people (few though they be) can be upset that someone they respect has managed to get over a grudge with someone he used to be close with. 

As has been said, when the classic band imploded it was in a situation where Duff was an alcoholic (burst pancreas, anyone?), Slash was a drug addict and Axl's mental health was in a poor state (with bipolar disorder).  Matt had problems with drink and drugs.  Steven was sacked from Guns N' Roses (from Guns N' Roses!) because he took too many drugs and could not get his shit together.  How fucked up do you have to be for Guns N' Roses to decide it's too much to deal with?  I read an interview with Izzy some years back - he said that when he filled in for Gilby during the UYI tour, he didn't even bother to say goodbye when he left, because the others were so whacked out on drink, drugs, medication and paranoia that they hardly knew he was there at all.  And this was going on for years.  For all the fame and money, that sounds like a pretty fucking unbearable situation to be in.  All the stories of wild, youthful rock n' roll excess may look fun from the outside, but you can bet it all gets pretty loathsome. 

Have any of you had anyone in your life, someone you care about - a friend, a brother, a partner, whoever - who had some kind of addiction, or some kind of serious mental health condition?  If you haven't, take it from me, it can be pretty hellish.  However much you love them, it is fucking exhausting.  They say and do terrible things, often barely in control of themselves, often hating themselves for doing it.  It can be hard not to hate them back. 

So you need to bear that in mind when pulling up quotations from band members from however many years ago.  You should never speculate about other people's mental health, but the fact is that we simply don't know what kind of place any of these guys were in when they said some of the things that have been said.  Add to all that the lawsuits, the need to prove that they could make it without the other guy (Lennon and McCartney had a similar thing in the 1970s)... it all gets out of hand.  And we should be glad, shouldn't we, that they've gotten past that?  Why should we prefer that people who used to be such close, close friends should live in bitterness and estrangement for the rest of their lives?  Why should the mistakes, regrets and bad choices of men in their twenties rule those men decades later?  Should we not rather be glad that now, older, wiser, sober, healthier and against all odds all still alive, they can get together and rock again?  That they (and we) can relive, in part, the good ol' days, but without all the bullshit that turned it sour?

And even if this is a cash grab, even if they aren't really bosom buddies and are doing this as a cynical top-up to their rock-star pension funds, so what?  It's their music, they've earned the right to make a buck from it, haven't they? 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:26:34 PM by Virolec » Logged

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #413 on: January 06, 2016, 09:27:07 PM »

I don't really get how some people (few though they be) can be upset that someone they respect has managed to get over a grudge with someone he used to be close with. 

As has been said, when the classic band imploded it was in a situation where Duff was an alcoholic (burst pancreas, anyone?), Slash was a drug addict and Axl's mental health was in a poor state (with bipolar disorder).  Matt had problems with drink and drugs.  Steven was sacked from Guns N' Roses (from Guns N' Roses!) because he took too many drugs and could not get his shit together.  How fucked up do you have to be for Guns N' Roses to decide it's too much to deal with?  I read an interview with Izzy some years back - he said that when he filled in for Gilby during the UYI tour, he didn't even bother to say goodbye when he left, because the others were so whacked out on drink, drugs, medication and paranoia that they hardly knew he was there at all.  And this was going on for years.  For all the fame and money, that sounds like a pretty fucking unbearable situation to be in.  All the stories of wild, youthful rock n' roll excess may look fun from the outside, but you can bet it all gets pretty loathsome. 

Have any of you had anyone in your life, someone you care about - a friend, a brother, a partner, whoever - who had some kind of addiction, or some kind of serious mental health condition?  If you haven't, take it from me, it can be pretty hellish.  However much you love them, it is fucking exhausting.  They say and do terrible things, often barely in control of themselves, often hating themselves for doing it.  It can be hard not to hate them back. 

So you need to bear that in mind when pulling up quotations from band members from however many years ago.  You should never speculate about other people's mental health, but the fact is that we simply don't know what kind of place any of these guys were in when they said some of the things that have been said.  Add to all that the lawsuits, the need to prove that they could make it without the other guy (Lennon and McCartney had a similar thing in the 1970s)... it all gets out of hand.  And we should be glad, shouldn't we, that they've gotten past that?  Why should we prefer that people who used to be such close, close friends should live in bitterness and estrangement for the rest of their lives?  Why should the mistakes, regrets and bad choices of men in their twenties rule those men decades later?  Should we not rather be glad that now, older, wiser, sober, healthier and against all odds all still alive, they can get together and rock again?  That they (and we) can relive, in part, the good ol' days, but without all the bullshit that turned it sour?

And even if this is a cash grab, even if they aren't really bosom buddies and doing this as a cynical top-up to their rock-star pension funds, so what?  It's their music, they've earned the right to make a buck from it, haven't they? 

Wrong- You need to check your facts, Axl does not have Bipolar disorder he mentioned it in the 2008 chats.

Axl:
?I?ve not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there?s been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events, but I definitely can relate to needing my own space,".

?In my world, all bipolar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I?m bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they?re up to.?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »

I stand corrected.  But was there really any need for that confrontational response? 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2016, 09:44:43 PM »

I stand corrected.  But was there really any need for that confrontational response? 

Some of the misinformation and the outright lies are repeated so much, it's very aggravating to those that know the truth.

"Shut the fuck up."
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #416 on: January 06, 2016, 11:38:58 PM »

No, there wasnt.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2016, 01:06:12 AM »

No, there wasnt.

Don't think he was asking you Cheesy

And- it gets very tiring seeing the same lies told year after year. Misinformation repeated as if it were fact.

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2016, 07:35:35 AM »

Tickets sell out for Guns N' Roses Coachella

By Afp

Published: 00:11 GMT, 7 January 2016 | Updated: 00:12 GMT, 7 January 2016

Los Angeles (AFP) - Tickets quickly sold out Wednesday for the Coachella music festival where hard rockers Guns N' Roses will reunite after more than two decades.

Passes for the three-day festival in the southern California desert went on sale online at 11 am (1900 GMT) and one hour later Coachella social media accounts said that all tickets were gone.

Coachella, which has become one of the world's best-known festivals, draws more than 180,000 people a year over two consecutive three-day weekends with identical lineups.

Guns N' Roses, whose 1987 album "Appetite for Destruction" remains the top-selling US debut ever, are scheduled as headliners on the two Saturdays -- April 16 and April 23.

The festival will mark the first time that singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash play together since 1993 when they ended a tour in Argentina amid personality disputes.

Other prominent acts at Coachella this year will include LCD Soundsystem, the influential New York electronic band from the 2000s that is also reuniting, as well as pioneering gangsta rapper Ice Cube and singers Ellie Goulding and Sia.

http://news.yahoo.com/tickets-sell-guns-n-roses-coachella-000629310.html

/jarmo

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2016, 09:24:17 AM »

Heres to Hoping it gets live streamed somewhere or as i mentioned previously make it a pay per view event.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: