Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R at Coachella 2016 confirmed! Including news articles  (Read 119417 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2016, 12:33:15 PM »

OK, here's what bugs me about this....and it's actually NOT the rumor.

Ultimate guitar (and a couple other places) basically cut up an Eddie Trunk blog post, using it to source the rumor, and inserted some questions to make it look like UG interviewed Trunk.

Which isn't, remotely, what happened, here.

Sorry, I just find stuff like this annoying.  How about just cp-ing trunk's post, linking back to his site, and giving the guy all the credit for the rumor.

Yeah, someone posts "this is what I think...." and the next site just copies whatever comes after that as news. Seems like if you can get one paragraph of original content in a news article, you're lucky.The rest is just repeating the band's history or something that happened decades ago.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #381 on: January 06, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »

I hope it doesn't happen.  He totally does not deserve to be involved. Just my .02.

I'm not quite that militant.

I would not bat an eye at his exclusion.  I would understand and agree.

But I'm not so dug in that if the other guys were open to it, I'd still be against it.  They are the ones that have to deal with

his bullshit, not us.
You are correct.  It is their choice. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2016, 12:36:51 PM »

Ultimate guitar (and a couple other places) basically cut up an Eddie Trunk blog post, using it to source the rumor, and inserted some questions to make it look like UG interviewed Trunk.

Sorry, I just find stuff like this annoying.  How about just cp-ing trunk's post, linking back to his site, and giving the guy all the credit for the rumor.

Here, keep in mind is  a bit long.

http://eddietrunk.com/15-my-latest-on-the-guns-n-roses-reunion-news/

Thanks!  I saw the initial blog post, actually...that's how I recognized what UG had done.  I just find that kind of "reporting" to be icky.  They're trying to make it look like they somehow extracted the info from Trunk, when, really, they didn't do anything other than visit his blog page.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Annie
« Reply #383 on: January 06, 2016, 12:37:26 PM »

Yeah, someone posts "this is what I think...." and the next site just copies whatever comes after that as news. Seems like if you can get one paragraph of original content in a news article, you're lucky.The rest is just repeating the band's history or something that happened decades ago.  hihi

/jarmo

Yellow click bait journalism at its finest
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #384 on: January 06, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »

If I knew for a fact that it was just going to be Coachella... I'd do what I had to do to get out there...

But I'm sure the reports of the big tour to follow are true... most of the other stuff has come to fruition so far... and I'm sure NYC/Boston would be one of the big stops.

Im all over NYC ish area, and Met Life seems to be a sure bet!. Coachella works for me having family out there nearby already makes it just a better vacation with family and friends out there. But will only do one show out there, and save the other 400$ for later shows on their own.

NYC should be great this summer (MetLife) but I am blowing my load today for Coachella, I mean once in a lifetime!

I am actually holding off on Coachella.  In the history of the band since the release of the Illusions there have been multiple instances of a big show/tour announced that a few weeks later announced 'warm up' shows that preceded them.  Think the UYI tour (club tour), Rock in Rio 3 (Vegas), 2006 European tour (Hammerstein shows).  I just feel like GNR would not make their big comeback at a festival show with a shortened set list, but I could of course be very wrong.  

I bet there are warmups too but most likely in the LA area (I live in NYC) so the first "big" show I want to be there, also it doesn't hurt that's its going to be a great weekend with a group of 10 friends just partying and getting some California sun! So I say Fuck it i'll go!

Now if GNR sneaks into NYC for a warm up show well then.......

Yeah I live in NYC also (Lower East Side represent!).  I am definitely in for a NYC or LA 'warm up' show or whatever you want to call it.  I will be flying, driving or walking to wherever that show is.  I am thrilled that GNR is reuniting for Coachella, but being that I am 34 now the idea of baking in the California sun all day only to see GNR play to 200K people (80% of which are only casual/non-fans) is just not appealing to me.  
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »

Yeah I live in NYC also (Lower East Side represent!).  I am definitely in for a NYC or LA 'warm up' show or whatever you want to call it.  I will be flying, driving or walking to wherever that show is.  I am thrilled that GNR is reuniting for Coachella, but being that I am 34 now the idea of baking in the California sun all day only to see GNR play to 200K people (80% of which are only casual/non-fans) is just not appealing to me.  

Listen, ya young whippersnapper....when I was younger, we were GREATFUL to stand outside in the sun, waiting to see our favorite bands.  It was free Vitamin D, for cripes sake. 

Hell, when I first saw Guns n Roses, at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Middleton, New York...we had to wait 18 hours, in the scorching sun. It was 103 degrees, the entire time...and we were standing on a HILL.  We had to drink our own PEE to stay hydrated.  And that was just to see GnR OPEN for Aerosmith.  Crimeny's sake, I just don't understand the youth of today.  *SHAKES FIST* NOW GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!

Seriously, though, same boat.  Give me a stadium show....even if it's GA on the field...where there's reasonable bathrooms, food options, beer sales and the like.  I'll pay whatever they want.  And if it includes a padded seat to use during the opening acts, all the better!

Together again,
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »

If I knew for a fact that it was just going to be Coachella... I'd do what I had to do to get out there...

But I'm sure the reports of the big tour to follow are true... most of the other stuff has come to fruition so far... and I'm sure NYC/Boston would be one of the big stops.

Im all over NYC ish area, and Met Life seems to be a sure bet!. Coachella works for me having family out there nearby already makes it just a better vacation with family and friends out there. But will only do one show out there, and save the other 400$ for later shows on their own.

NYC should be great this summer (MetLife) but I am blowing my load today for Coachella, I mean once in a lifetime!

I am actually holding off on Coachella.  In the history of the band since the release of the Illusions there have been multiple instances of a big show/tour announced that a few weeks later announced 'warm up' shows that preceded them.  Think the UYI tour (club tour), Rock in Rio 3 (Vegas), 2006 European tour (Hammerstein shows).  I just feel like GNR would not make their big comeback at a festival show with a shortened set list, but I could of course be very wrong.  

I bet there are warmups too but most likely in the LA area (I live in NYC) so the first "big" show I want to be there, also it doesn't hurt that's its going to be a great weekend with a group of 10 friends just partying and getting some California sun! So I say Fuck it i'll go!

Now if GNR sneaks into NYC for a warm up show well then.......

respect! I am 27 and single so I don't mind checking the scene out if you know what I mean! anyways its exciting times for sure

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #387 on: January 06, 2016, 12:53:26 PM »

There's definitely a good group of NYC'ers here... we should have a big pre game for a NY/NJ show.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #388 on: January 06, 2016, 01:03:13 PM »

I'm waiting for the email!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »

There's definitely a good group of NYC'ers here... we should have a big pre game for a NY/NJ show.

no doubt! I mean its the greatest city in the world, we could get a bar to theme a pregame and just get NUTS

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2016, 01:06:19 PM »

I'm waiting for the email!

I just got mine....
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2016, 01:07:08 PM »

no doubt! I mean its the greatest city in the world, we could get a bar to theme a pregame and just get NUTS

Absolutely!!!! Code just came in for Coachella! Super pumped! beer peace

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2016, 01:07:21 PM »

Listen, ya young whippersnapper....when I was younger, we were GREATFUL to stand outside in the sun, waiting to see our favorite bands.  It was free Vitamin D, for cripes sake. 

Hell, when I first saw Guns n Roses, at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Middleton, New York...we had to wait 18 hours, in the scorching sun. It was 103 degrees, the entire time...and we were standing on a HILL.  We had to drink our own PEE to stay hydrated.  And that was just to see GnR OPEN for Aerosmith.  Crimeny's sake, I just don't understand the youth of today.  *SHAKES FIST* NOW GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!

Seriously, though, same boat.  Give me a stadium show....even if it's GA on the field...where there's reasonable bathrooms, food options, beer sales and the like.  I'll pay whatever they want.  And if it includes a padded seat to use during the opening acts, all the better!

Hahahaha.  Those first 2 paragraphs are great.

I'm right with you though.  No festivals for this guy.  Tremendous hassle.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2016, 01:07:52 PM »

/jarmo

Yep - it's "Attack of the Content Farms" - every blog, site and mediocre writer who knows nothing about this band is trying to jump on the train, attract clicks - and sometimes that requires inflaming readers. It's the world we live in.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2016, 02:05:42 PM »

At least one other member of Guns N? Roses? classic-era lineup could be part of the band?s long-awaited reunion. Eddie Trunk, the hard-rock radio and TV host, says negotiations are underway for a possible guest role for Steven Adler. Fellow co-founder Izzy [Stradlin] might also sit in, he says.

?My sources have told me current GNR drummer Frank Ferrer will be retained and play the bulk of the show,? Trunk wrote on his official website. Adler, Trunk noted, could make an appearance ?if a deal can be worked out.?

Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan have finally confirmed they will take the stage at Coachella, but made no mention of who will fill out the rest of the lineup ? or whether their April 2015 stop in Indio, Calif., will lead to more dates down the road. ?Strong rumors suggest there will be a couple warm up dates and then more extensive touring after Coachella, if it goes well and the offers are what they expect,? Trunk said. ?But things are far from cut-and-dry here.?

Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke (who replaced Adler and Stradlin, respectively) will likely not be involved at all, Trunk added. ?I would suspect the same with Richard Fortus staying, and maybe Izzy popping up. I would also expect [later-period contributors] Dizzy [Reed] and Chris Pittman to stay.?

Also included in the swirl of rumors is Dave Kushner, who played three Guns N? Roses members in Velvet Revolver. Trunk said he doesn?t ?see the connection, but anything is possible. Axl always liked three guitars in the later-era Guns, so who knows?? Is this three-fifth configuration enough to lure Guns N? Roses? purists back to the fold? ?For most, yes; for some, no,? Trunk admitted. ?But it will do huge business regardless of the percentage that was holding out hope for an Appetite reunion 100 percent. That was never going to happen anyway, since Guns only really made one album with that band.?

Guns N? Roses Confirm Coachella Shows

Read More: Guns N? Roses Rumor: Steven Adler Negotiating for Role in Reunion Tour | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-steven-adler-3/?trackback=tsmclip Grin
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »

What many have suspected for quite some time...Izzy coming in for a couple of songs and either Dust and Bones or 14 Years would be cool...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #396 on: January 06, 2016, 02:09:40 PM »

I think Pilferk inferred these guys were Clickbaiters.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #397 on: January 06, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »

Master Clickbaiters, even. 

Together again,
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #398 on: January 06, 2016, 02:25:49 PM »

Master Clickbaiters, even. 

They have been promoted  hihi
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: January 06, 2016, 04:27:37 PM »

There's so much happening with Guns N' Roses its hard to keep up with all the rumours and teasers. I would love to hear some straight talking from Axl, Slash or Duff to hear what they've got in mind for their performance at Coachella and a possible tour. Maybe keeping us in suspense is the way to go... I guess a few months isn't that long really to wait

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: