Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show  (Read 66801 times)
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jimmy-kimmel-pokes-fun-at-axl-rose-for-canceling-talk-show-appearance/

Jimmy mentioned Axl on last night show.

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #221 on: January 05, 2016, 10:39:39 AM »

Yeah, I have my anecdotal examples too.

But me and my 5-6 buddies aren't going to sell out Lincoln Financial Field here.

I guess I'm looking more big picture than you are, perhaps.  

No, in actuality I think you are looking way too "small picture".  You're considering that those folks who slag on axl are the majority, or even a very large minority, of the potential ticket buyers for this tour.

I don't think that's true.  Especially not this time around.  And everything I'm seeing, anecdotally and informationally, tells me that.  I'm seeing multiple 40 year old moms asking me to let them know when tickets go on sale.  I'm getting dms from guys I went to HS with...the folks I went to the Foxboro Faith No more/Metallica/Gnr show....when we're going to get tickets to see this one.

I think the ticket buying pool of folks just increased by such a large factor that, in fact, you can afford to completely ignore the population you're talking about and be 100% OK.  That's "big picture".

"Small picture" is thinking Axl not doing Kimmel tonight had much of any effect on that pool of people.  
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:41:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2016, 10:40:51 AM »

If his last decade plus of good behavior hasn't changed their minds nothing will.

Have they even paid attention to that though?  That would be my question.

And who's fault is that?  Certainly not Axls.

You're asking the right person.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »

Well don't give them ammunition.  Axl's past is well documented, but that's what it was - the past.  Late/cancelled shows, riots, outbursts, etc...we all know that all of that happened many years ago and that the most recent tours have not had any serious issues.  But this?  This happened yesterday, and it obviously added fuel to the fire that history repeats itself.

It was a canceled appearance, cancelled well before the actual time he was supposed to be there.  And then publicized in advance, too.  This was not Philly part deux.

And it was quickly followed by the announcment we were supposed to get, you'd think, a few hours later.  Which really sort of minimizes the talk of "unreliable", since the ultimate output still got out there.

If it added fuel, in most reasonable people's brains, it added a tiny little twig that'll burn for about 10 seconds....and was quickly put out by the news from about 7 hours later.  In certain people's minds....I'm sure it will be a point to bitch and further rag on the guy.  But, you know, they were ragging before, and are LOOKING for further fuel to rag into the future.

Bottom line: he is still viewed by many as unreliable, and Kimmel-gate doesn't do much to help him.  Also, if the plan is a stadium tour, you can bet your ass you will need those people to buy tickets.  Sorry, but unfortunately there's not 30,000 members here.

Bottom line: Nothing is likely going to change that opinion in certain people.  Does it help him? Maybe not.  But nor do I think it really hurts him, at all, in context.

And no...you don't need "those people" to buy tickets.  You need PEOPLE to buy tickets.  Saying you need "those people" is akin to saying you have to appear to Katy Perry's fanbase, because "those people" have to buy tickets.

"Those people" bitching aren't necessarily GnR fans, under any circumstances.

Yes, we got the Coachella announcement via Nightrain, but, IMO the Kimmel appearance was supposed to be more.  I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison.  I think with Kimmel we were going to get the what (Coachella), the who (Slash, Duff, etc.), and the where (North American tour, European tour, etc.).  With Nightrain, we got the what.  To me, that means that the "who" and the "where" are still being ironed out...and that's why he canceled Kimmel. 

I would also quibble that one day before is not "well in advance" but that would just be me being picky, and dammit, I'm going to be positive today.    hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2016, 12:00:44 PM »

Yes, we got the Coachella announcement via Nightrain, but, IMO the Kimmel appearance was supposed to be more.  I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison.  I think with Kimmel we were going to get the what (Coachella), the who (Slash, Duff, etc.), and the where (North American tour, European tour, etc.).  With Nightrain, we got the what.  To me, that means that the "who" and the "where" are still being ironed out...and that's why he canceled Kimmel. 

Obviously, that's speculation on both reason and on content, for Kimmel.  It's easily as likely it was something else (both in terms of content, and reason for the cancel), too.  Esp given Slash and Duffs responses last night. I know, from other posts, that's not "enough" for you, but I think it's pretty telling, and its certainly enough for me.  AND, apparently, there's more news coming today on Nightrain, so..the day is young.  You may still end up with what you were expecting, before the time you were expecting to get it.

Ultimately, the point remains, though: We got news early, and in pretty good quantity, in place of the cancellation.  It might not be everything you wanted, but...there's no gaurantee the Kimmel appearance would have been, either.

I would also quibble that one day before is not "well in advance" but that would just be me being picky, and dammit, I'm going to be positive today.    hihi

Depending on "why", I think roughly 30 hours prior to an appearance is "well in advance". It is considered so for OTHER celebrity appearances, etc.  It's certainly not last minute...and it's not a "no show".  I mean, Kimmel even had time to address it on his show LAST NIGHT, so they certainly got in front of it "enough" for there to be forewarning.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2016, 12:05:06 PM »

I still hold out slim hope this is a Jimmy prank and they show up tonight.

But I think that's a pretty long shot.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2016, 12:31:04 PM »

The way I see it, the end result is what matters.

There were going to be certain questions asked by Kimmel, and certain answers provided.

So long as we get those answers one way or another, I'm satisfied.

Ali
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »

How incredible would that be?  I think it would go a long way to quelling the perception of unreliability.  Will it solve it completely?  Of course not.  You're always going to have some people that bag on Axl regardless of what happens...but it would be a great way to calm everyone down (why are you so angry D-X?  Grin) and emphatically state that we're back.  Seeing Axl and Slash on camera together will work wonders to right the wrongs (real or perceived).  That would be so bad ass!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2016, 12:32:28 PM »

Well don't give them ammunition.  Axl's past is well documented, but that's what it was - the past.  Late/cancelled shows, riots, outbursts, etc...we all know that all of that happened many years ago and that the most recent tours have not had any serious issues.  But this?  This happened yesterday, and it obviously added fuel to the fire that history repeats itself.

It was a canceled appearance, cancelled well before the actual time he was supposed to be there.  And then publicized in advance, too.  This was not Philly part deux.

And it was quickly followed by the announcment we were supposed to get, you'd think, a few hours later.  Which really sort of minimizes the talk of "unreliable", since the ultimate output still got out there.

If it added fuel, in most reasonable people's brains, it added a tiny little twig that'll burn for about 10 seconds....and was quickly put out by the news from about 7 hours later.  In certain people's minds....I'm sure it will be a point to bitch and further rag on the guy.  But, you know, they were ragging before, and are LOOKING for further fuel to rag into the future.

Bottom line: he is still viewed by many as unreliable, and Kimmel-gate doesn't do much to help him.  Also, if the plan is a stadium tour, you can bet your ass you will need those people to buy tickets.  Sorry, but unfortunately there's not 30,000 members here.

Bottom line: Nothing is likely going to change that opinion in certain people.  Does it help him? Maybe not.  But nor do I think it really hurts him, at all, in context.

And no...you don't need "those people" to buy tickets.  You need PEOPLE to buy tickets.  Saying you need "those people" is akin to saying you have to appear to Katy Perry's fanbase, because "those people" have to buy tickets.

"Those people" bitching aren't necessarily GnR fans, under any circumstances.

Also...I saw a KROQ/Goldenvoice Press Release somewhere...having a hard time finding it..that confirmed the line up.  I thought I saw it in another thread, here...I'll try to see if I can find it again and will edit this post with it if I do.

Edit: I think this is it:

KROQ and Goldenvoice are proud to present Coachella 2016!

Once again this year?s festival will be taking place two weekends in April, the 15th-17th and 22nd-24th, at the Empire Polo Club in Indio.

The lineup includes the previously-speculated reunion of Guns N? Roses with original members Axl Rose, Slash, and bassist Duff McKagan, as well as the return of LCD Soundsystem. Other notable KROQ artists on the bill include Of Monsters And Men, Foals, Halsey, James Bay, Rancid, M83, and more.

Dance music will be represented by power houses like Calvin Harris, Jack ?, Disclosure, and Major Lazer.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 11am via Coachella.com.

Edit 2: I now see that this has been edited at the source...so either they jumped the gun (no pun intended), or they were asked to change it. Here's how it reads, now:

KROQ and Goldenvoice are proud to present Coachella 2016!

Once again this year?s festival will be taking place two weekends in April, the 15th-17th and 22nd-24th, at the Empire Polo Club in Indio.

The lineup includes the previously-speculated reunion of Guns N? Roses. While the band members haven?t been confirmed, it has been heavily rumored that Axl Rose and Slash will share the stage for the first time in nearly two decades: Slash quit Guns N Roses in 1996. James Murphy and LCD Soundsystem will also be performing their first show since 2011. Other notable KROQ artists on the bill include Of Monsters And Men, Foals, Halsey, James Bay, Rancid, M83, BORNS, CHVRCHES, Silversun Pickups, The 1975, Cold War Kids, and more.

Dance music will be represented by power houses like Calvin Harris, Jack ?, Disclosure, and Major Lazer.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 11am via Coachella.com.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:37:52 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pedrolg
Opening Act

« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2016, 12:35:43 PM »

If his last decade plus of good behavior hasn't changed their minds nothing will.

Have they even paid attention to that though?  That would be my question.

And who's fault is that?  Certainly not Axls.

You're asking the right person.  hihi

/jarmo

Jarmo, do you think for sure that there is 0% chance that Axl shows up at Kimmel tonight?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2016, 12:36:52 PM »

What sucks is... I am going to stay up late and watch it no matter how many people say he;s not going on tonight!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2016, 12:49:53 PM »

What sucks is... I am going to stay up late and watch it no matter how many people say he;s not going on tonight!

Hell yeah.  Me too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2016, 12:59:50 PM »

If anyone could/would pull a prank like this, it would be Jimmy Kimmel.

Maybe it really was supposed to be a surprise, and they're just feeding in to the "no show" rep to build even more hype.

Hmm...I'll be watching, that's for sure...
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2016, 01:17:59 PM »

Welcome to the new Guns N? Roses era, ladies and gentlemen! And we?ll start off in a very, really very unusual and surprising way this time.

Wait for it.............................

Aaaaand Axl is a no-show!!!!!

I guess some things never change, whoa, never change... Cheesy

Hell has frozen over.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »

Welcome to the new Guns N? Roses era, ladies and gentlemen! And we?ll start off in a very, really very unusual and surprising way this time.

Wait for it.............................

Aaaaand Axl is a no-show!!!!!

I guess some things never change, whoa, never change... Cheesy

Cut it out just anytime- here, I'll quote from Pilferk:

It was a canceled appearance, cancelled well before the actual time he was supposed to be there.  And then publicized in advance, too. 

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2016, 01:28:06 PM »

Well somebody better watch Kimmel tonight, maybe axl?s just screwing with us and will be there. Maybe Slash and Duff will be there too

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2016, 01:29:54 PM »

Maybe it really was supposed to be a surprise, and they're just feeding in to the "no show" rep to build even more hype.

I would absolutely love that if that were true.  Always a fan of self deprecating humor.

In a weird way, you could even spin it as a sign he's matured.  As in, he knows people have those sorts of doubts about his reliability.  But he's just showing them that he is not blind to that, but can assure them all will be well.

lassie4ever
Headliner

« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »

well i just go to sleep and will read it on here if he showed up or not Smiley
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2016, 01:31:30 PM »

I doubt this would be a planned prank. If anything maybe Axl was on the fence about making the appearance and never officially said he'd do it. That's what I take from his use of the word "confirm" in his last two tweets. Now apparently there was some sort of agreement at some point, enough for them to list Axl as a guest for at least a few hours. Who knows what really happened. And at this point, I'm not sure it matters all that much. I'll still tune in tonight, but I'm not expecting to see Axl.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2016, 01:32:23 PM »

You still think he's going on a talk show to announce what was already announced and is public knowledge by now?

Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: