Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:28:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show  (Read 66895 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2016, 08:17:03 AM »

It's unfortunate that we got two shows confirmed on Monday instead of having to wait for Tuesday for Axl to do the same on TV.

Yeah.... I'm being sarcastic.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2016, 08:21:27 AM »

It's unfortunate that we got two shows confirmed on Monday instead of having to wait for Tuesday for Axl to do the same on TV.

/jarmo

Of course Kimmel would be fun but if anyone is still disappointed after last night...

I'm sure we'll hear from Axl before too long.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2016, 08:24:09 AM »

/jarmo

Of course Kimmel would be fun but if anyone is still disappointed after last night...

I'm sure we'll hear from Axl before too long.

Bingo!!

I mean, we can post-mortem the cancelled show a bit, for fun.

But I don't know how anyone can be "disappointed" at not getting news Tuesday night, and getting it on Monday, instead.

And, hell...it means I get to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight (though I'm still recording Kimmel all week, just in case).

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Princess Leia
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »

/jarmo

I wonder if they would go to the Eddie Trunk show. I?d rather see them there than with Kimmel or Fallon. And I think Eddie deserves some exclusive interview or something. After all the guy was right

Grin
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »

/jarmo

Of course...

I was really excited to see him or "them" on tv tonight doe.

I can't wait to hear from them about how this all came together and how and what they are planning to do other than Coachella.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2016, 08:31:00 AM »

/jarmo

You would have to agree that while 'we' made it out of Monday in great shape, it probably would have been better for the band from a PR perspective if GnR (Axl or whomever) was on Kimmel tonight talking about this in front of millions of people. There would be video of the appearance all over news and entertainment shows Wednesday and audio would be all over the radio.

Again we made it out of Monday with amazing news, but I hope this is just a postponement for other appearances before April, they are missing great publicity here.

This is just nitpicking though... we are in happy times, I feel like I woke up in 1995 from a bad dream and my favorite musicians are just rolling along ready to conquer the world. This is sort of like how The Force Awakens made me feel like I was 8 years old and it was 1986... My childhood/teenage years just got extended over the course of a few short weeks.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »

I just can't stop smiling.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2016, 08:51:44 AM »

Jimmy Fallon is a real fan, right?

Yep. Fallon introduced GNR at the 2002 MTV VMAs too. Don't be surprised if Axl decides to appear on Jimmy Fallon. I wouldn't rule out a Howard Stern appearance - depending on comfort level. That could be more of a Duff appearance due to the question me that'd be asked.

Wait, Axl cancels his appearance (sorry, unforeseen circumstances arose) on Kimmel and that means he's going on Fallon and/or Stern?  I don't get the connection.  The Coachella news is fantastic.  This is going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »

Let's all hope this is the only Axl cancellation.

Good that we got the news early instead of waiting for it on the many lame ass talk shows and host that are on television these days.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2016, 09:08:09 AM »

But I don't know how anyone can be "disappointed" at not getting news Tuesday night, and getting it on Monday, instead.

Put that way, obviously not.  But is that what people are saying?

Go to any article about Coachella and read the comments.  Not exactly brimming with positivity.  LOT of talk about how Axl is an unreliable douchebag who will ultimately torpedo this whole thing with his antics.

So if people are already conditioned to think that stuff, my god, don't feed into it.

We all want this to succeed, I imagine.  Just give it the best chance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »

Go to any article about Coachella and read the comments.  Not exactly brimming with positivity.  LOT of talk about how Axl is an unreliable douchebag who will ultimately torpedo this whole thing with his antics.

Comments sections are the garbage can of the internet.  I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to discuss anything where the jumping off point is "read the comments". I'd also add...those folks posting are not very likely to be people who would consider buying a GnR ticket, anyway...and I doubt they are much in the way of opinion influencers. 

As for Axl being unreliable? Sure, 10 years ago or more, maybe.  Recently the guy's been pretty much a model citizen til THIS.  One incident a trend does not make. AND, we got word before the appearance. He didn't just no show....he cancelled.  We don't know why. I mean...honestly..the guy could be sick or whatever. Or Coachella could have decided they needed to publish the lineup early. In other words, a completely legit reason for cancellation.  That's not evidence of being "unreliable"....though I'm sure you'll find people who will bitch in that direction because....people like to bitch.

What we DO know is that we got the information, anyway. And earlier than planned.

So if people are already conditioned to think that stuff, my god, don't feed into it.

Yeah, I don't think it's nearly that big a deal.  If it had been absent the rest of yesterday....maybe.  But not in context.

So far, I think they are.  Even if the Nightrain announcement was a backup plan....it means they HAD a backup plan.  This has been just about as well executed, absent ONE seemingly small hiccup, as anything GnR has done....since...well...actually EVER.

In the context of this band, cancelling one appearance and still managing to execute the announcement, absent any additional public drama..that's a win, baby. And a big one, IMHO.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2016, 09:24:06 AM »

So far, I think they are.  Even if the Nightrain announcement was a backup plan....it means they HAD a backup plan.  This has been just about as well executed, absent ONE seemingly small hiccup, as anything GnR has done....since...well...actually EVER.

Agree on that.

Even coordinating all their Twitter accounts to put up the pic at the same time.  It was awesome.

When is that last time we saw anything coordinated, promotion wise?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »

As for Axl being unreliable? Sure, 10 years ago or more, maybe.  Recently the guy's been pretty much a model citizen til THIS.  One incident a trend does not make. AND, we got word before the appearance. He didn't just no show....he cancelled.  We don't know why. I mean...honestly..the guy could be sick or whatever. Or Coachella could have decided they needed to publish the lineup early. In other words, a completely legit reason for cancellation.  That's not evidence of being "unreliable"....though I'm sure you'll find people who will bitch in that direction because....people like to bitch.

You are living in a total dream world is you believe people see it this way.

They still think he's late all the time.  Still think he no shows concerts.  Still think he rants like a crazy person and storms offstage.

You can get up on the soapbox until you are blue in the face and try and point to him getting *better* on those fronts the past few years.  But who knows that outside of us?

And if you are going to try and sell stadiums at a few hundred dollars a pop, I got news for you.  You are going to need shitload of casual or even lapsed fans onboard. 

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »

I'd venture to guess that those same people who are complaining about Axl today were complaining about him yesterday, and even if he showed up on Kimmel as scheduled without any drama they'd still complain. He's too fat. He looks horrible. He sounds horrible. He sounds lame. It's not a real reunion. He said nothing. He still won't show up in April. There's no way the tour doesn't implode. He'll be the weak link on the tour. And on and on and on. The world will never join hands in perfect harmony and praise Axl Rose in unison. It's just not happening, regardless of what he does or doesn't do. No need to read the comments section. I already know what they're going to say.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »

They still think he's late all the time.  Still think he no shows concerts.  Still think he rants like a crazy person and storms offstage.

You can get up on the soapbox until you are blue in the face and try and point to him getting *better* on those fronts the past few years.  But who knows that outside of us?

And if you are going to try and sell stadiums at a few hundred dollars a pop, I got news for you.  You are going to need shitload of casual or even lapsed fans onboard. 

I'd agree. None of my friends are especially into GNR, but WHENEVER they come up in conversation, it's always what a total arsehole Axl is, how he's always late, how he can't sing anymore, how he looks dreadful BLAH BLAH. It even comes up from people who CLAIM to be fans (but obviously aren't.)

Sadly, it's the way he's seen by most people. I think he needs to work hard to dispel that myth.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »

I don't care what people "believe", honestly.  I can't change false notions in a segment of the population.  It's the truth. He's been reliable recently. And not "recently" as in the past year or two.  Much longer than that.  Not "better",as in middling at it, either. He's been rock solid reliable.  And if recent history isn't going to change their minds, then...showing up on Kimmel wouldn't have, either. They would have continued to say the same thing, and held the same opinion. And NOT showing isn't going to really change that perception either.  You can say it will "reinforce" but....look at the circular logical construct we've just created. Neither action actually has any appreciable effect.

Nothing is going to change certain minds. Nothing.  And they'll only internalize the pieces of info that reinforce that preconceived narrative. And I would also offer...they're not the folks that would buy tickets to a GnR show, anyway. Ultimately, their opinions don't much matter.  Or, in your case (since I know this is a point you've held on to, in the past), you'll find a way to look past it.  Either way, you're not losing sales.

So, ultimately, given that...yup, doesn't much matter in the slightest, especially in context of the day as a whole.  Because whatever "damage" you think was done was just as quickly UNDONE by the announcement last night.  You saw it RIGHT here.  You saw doom and gloom quickly turn to elation at about 8:30 PM EST when the Nightrain post went up...and uber elation about an hour later.

As for the stadium tour worries...I'm not worries.  The actual performance at Coachella will have more of an effect than a cancelled talk show appearance.  Just the SCHEDULING at Coachella will have more of an effect.  This looks, for all the world, like a hiccup on the road....absent anything else....after last night's announcement.

And, on a different note, I'd like to point out one thing: You take issue when folks bag on you for constantly posting "negative" stuff. Complaints or pointing out "problems" or whatever.  And today...on what is probably the biggest news day for GnR in at least 7 years (CD release date)...on a day when most folks are waking up to find pretty much every GnR wish being granted...you are, again, finding something to quibble with.  That's not meant as a knock on you, FYI.  But it's an observation, and something you might want to consider when next that accusation is sent your way.  Because this...this doesn't do a thing to refute it. Smiley

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2016, 09:45:52 AM »

I'd venture to guess that those same people who are complaining about Axl today were complaining about him yesterday, and even if he showed up on Kimmel as scheduled without any drama they'd still complain. He's too fat. He looks horrible. He sounds horrible. He sounds lame. It's not a real reunion. He said nothing. He still won't show up in April. There's no way the tour doesn't implode. He'll be the weak link on the tour. And on and on and on. The world will never join hands in perfect harmony and praise Axl Rose in unison. It's just not happening, regardless of what he does or doesn't do. No need to read the comments section. I already know what they're going to say.

Bingo.

And my bet? 90% of those folks wouldn't buy a ticket to a GnR show, no matter what.  And the other 10% would buy just so they could have something to bitch about.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »

I'd agree. None of my friends are especially into GNR, but WHENEVER they come up in conversation, it's always what a total arsehole Axl is, how he's always late, how he can't sing anymore, how he looks dreadful BLAH BLAH. It even comes up from people who CLAIM to be fans (but obviously aren't.)

Sadly, it's the way he's seen by most people. I think he needs to work hard to dispel that myth.

And I suspect...no matter what he does, at this point...there are going to be folks who cling to that opinion and narrative, no matter what evidence is out there to prove otherwise.

They've made their minds up.  No matter how hard he works, they will harp on the one time he meets their expectation, rather than the dozens where he doesn't.

Together again,
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2016, 09:50:55 AM »

Well don't give them ammunition.  Axl's past is well documented, but that's what it was - the past.  Late/cancelled shows, riots, outbursts, etc...we all know that all of that happened many years ago and that the most recent tours have not had any serious issues.  But this?  This happened yesterday, and it obviously added fuel to the fire that history repeats itself.  Bottom line: he is still viewed by many as unreliable, and Kimmel-gate doesn't do much to help him.  Also, if the plan is a stadium tour, you can bet your ass you will need those people to buy tickets.  Sorry, but unfortunately there's not 30,000 members here.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2016, 09:51:16 AM »

And, on a different note, I'd like to point out one thing: You take issue when folks bag on you for constantly posting "negative" stuff. Complaints or pointing out "problems" or whatever.  And today...on what is probably the biggest news day for GnR in at least 7 years (CD release date)...on a day when most folks are waking up to find pretty much every GnR wish being granted...you are, again, finding something to quibble with.  That's not meant as a knock on you, FYI.  But it's an observation, and something you might want to consider when next that accusation is sent your way.  Because this...this doesn't do a thing to refute it. Smiley

I have posts in all of these other threads about how this is amazing, the best news in 20 years, and even commending the rollout.  No reaction.

This?  Multiple replies.

Perhaps I'm not the only one that sees what he wants to see, hmm?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: