Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show  (Read 66938 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2016, 08:30:56 PM »

There's no reason to backpedal.  Something happened.  But lets not play games about whats considered confirmed or not. 
The answer is simple, nothing has been confirmed about GNR since last July that Ashba and Bumble are gone (and Axl's love for taco bell)

Nothing.

Yet. Me, you and hundreds of others have been wasting valuable time discussing this stuff.

Yes, because apparently,  for 4 months now, neither Axl or Slash or anyone of the current/old lineup never bothered to address/deny the rumours. Was it that hard really? No. So, in the end, fans are at fault for being fed reunion hype? We've been taken for a one long, looong merry go ride..and they are all having a blast out of it.

Yes, predicting a reunion with all going on today  is normal. But we created all this, if Axl is not going to go on Jimmy Kimmel, or the next lineup (if there ever is going to be one) will not include Slash or Duff. We have to blame your disappointment, my excitement (yes, im not interested in a reunion) on our self.

All this speculation is fun, but it might not lead to what we predict, at all, and its not their fault.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2016, 08:31:47 PM »

That's evading the question of whether it was confirmed or not. But I suspect that's because you know there is no question.

We're all well aware that things that are confirmed can be subsequently cancelled. Shockingly as fellow Guns N' Roses fans like yourself this is not unfamiliar to us Wink

Well I'm sorry that for me confirmed also means it would appear on the band's official web site and/or social media.
I know you're desperate to point fingers.

I'm sorry you didn't get your TV moment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:18 PM »

You posted about it in news section and you started a thread about spoilers. Are you saying now that you knew it wasn´t going to happen?

No, I thought it was gonna happen until they removed his name from their site. That made me wonder why it was removed.

/jarmo

Well it's you saying it was 'never confirmed' that's rustling feathers isn't it. It was confirmed enough for you to put it on your news page. Know you're trying to have Axl's back or whatever, but it does come off a bit 'why did you think it was happening?' at the fans when in reality you thought it was, I thought it was, ABC thought it was.

I don't recall you ever posting unconfirmed news on your site before and I don't think you did with this. But you can't have it both ways. Either it was confirmed and subsequently cancelled or you've taken to posting unconfirmed news on your well-respected site.
Directv on their tv guide still has it listed as if Axl is going to appear. I am pretty sure there are going to be some disappointed people.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:27 PM »

Possibly Coachella wants to make the announcement before GnR Huh?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:42 PM »

I can live without the TV moment. I just wonder about the bigger picture.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2016, 08:33:22 PM »

Bigger than 60"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »

Bigger than 60"?

/jarmo

Touche.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »

I wish I could get on there.  is it down for now?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2016, 08:46:50 PM »

Mentioned before, but my guess is that Coachella got in the way and didn't want Axl to spoil the "secret" before they get to officially announce it.  I'll further speculate, but if thats the case, these things should have been confirmed in advance of agreeing to be booked on Kimmel.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2016, 08:56:23 PM »

When all's said and done, we know what's what I think. It was confirmed with ABC. ABC are professionals, I think they know how to run a talkshow. They manage to do so 5 nights a week like clockwork with guests from all walks of showbusiness. Every night. Like clockwork. When Jimmy says 'tomorrow night, Steve Martin!' I tune in tomorrow night and goddamn if it ain't Steve Martin. I check the Kimmel website, or the Conan website or Colbert...Wednesday night, Don Rickles? Don Rickles is still alive?!!! Seriously?!!! No, this can't be possible. I tune in Wednesday night and I'll be a sonofabitch, that is Don Rickles!

Throw into this well oiled machine, a strange outfit known throughout the years as Guns N' Roses....  Roll Eyes

Yeah, sarcastic and disappointed. But....hell, if it's happening let's stay positive. Might be illness as I've said on other threads (though why not just say so?). Might be logistics. Might be Thursday, might be next week. Benefit of the doubt, grudgingly given past history, from me until I hear otherwise. The payoff will be worth it. If there is one.

But yeah 'was never confirmed'. Oh yes, it must be unprofessional ABC who don't run their shows and website properly and don't confirm guests and have contracts before announcing them, not typical unpredictable Guns N' Roses. Nah.

That's evading the question of whether it was confirmed or not. But I suspect that's because you know there is no question.

We're all well aware that things that are confirmed can be subsequently cancelled. Shockingly as fellow Guns N' Roses fans like yourself this is not unfamiliar to us Wink

Well I'm sorry that for me confirmed also means it would appear on the band's official web site and/or social media.
I know you're desperate to point fingers.

I'm sorry you didn't get your TV moment.

/jarmo

Stop posting unconfirmed stories on your website as if they're official news then. Very unprofessional. Quite shocked, I thought you were quite against rumours and gossip. It'd be nice if you could just be a fan once in a while with the rest of us. We're all disappointed and I couldn't give a damn about pointing fingers. Sarcasm aside, if you don't consider something confirmed until Guns/Axl/TB post about it, fine, make that your rule. Except you didn't. You treated this like it was confirmed, and posted it like it was confirmed. Because it was. I know how TV shows work. So do probably a good portion of the people here.

Everyone's disappointed and everyone's hoping this is a temporary blip on the way to something great.

Anyway peace, I can't be bothered arguing. I just don't get why at this stage in the game we need to pussyfoot around 'Guns/Axl cancelled or postponed'. Like it's never happened before.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2016, 08:59:19 PM »

If Coachella blocked the appearance on one hand I see it, on the other I think it is stupid... They get more publicity for their festival when Axl Rose goes on The Jimmy Kimmel show in front of millions of people and announces the reunion vs. the much smaller audience that is going to live stream their announcement (or however they announce it). I get that it is a big show, but to be honest I couldn't tell you anything about it other than it's in CA and AC/DC did it last year... Knowing the possible GnR news ahead of time is the only reason I am paying attention this year.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »

Stop posting unconfirmed stories on your website as if they're official news then. Very unprofessional. Quite shocked, I thought you were quite against rumours and gossip. It'd be nice if you could just be a fan once in a while with the rest of us. We're all disappointed and I couldn't give a damn about pointing fingers. Sarcasm aside, if you don't consider something confirmed until Guns/Axl/TB post about it, fine, make that your rule. Except you didn't. You treated this like it was confirmed, and posted it like it was confirmed. Because it was. I know how TV shows work. So do probably a good portion of the people here.

Everyone's disappointed and everyone's hoping this is a temporary blip on the way to something great.

Anyway peace, I can't be bothered arguing. I just don't get why at this stage in the game we need to pussyfoot around 'Guns/Axl cancelled or postponed'. Like it's never happened before.

It's my fan site, trust me, I have an idea of what I'm doing. After almost 20 years, you get a feel for it. Even though you still occasionally get it wrong. peace

/jarmo

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2016, 09:09:42 PM »

It's my fan site, trust me, I have an idea of what I'm doing. After almost 20 years, you get a feel for it. Even though you still occasionally get it wrong. peace

/jarmo

Fair enough. I suppose we should all be used to the rule of thumb (look up the etymology of that phrase if you're bored one day and don't already know....yeesh) that in Guns N' Roses land something can be treated as confirmed roughly an hour or two after its happened. Still thought your tweet unfairly implied unprofessionalism on ABC's part, but oh well. Moving on. Guess we'll see what happens when the Nighttrain rolls by.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2016, 09:14:27 PM »

I'm sorry my tweet insulted your favorite professional TV network, but to me it's a bit odd that they only put the name up today and then removed it hours later.

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »

I don't really get why everyone is busting Jarmo's balls over this.
It's a pretty small point, and one that changes nothing either way. So it might be time to give him a break on this mate.

If there is an announcement on nightrain then hopefully we get some details that explains where we are at on this, until then, let's just lay off Jarmo aye?
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »

I'm sorry my tweet insulted your favorite professional TV network, but to me it's a bit odd that they only put the name up today and then removed it hours later.

/jarmo

Call me crazy, but that to me sounds like a last minute confirmation and subsequent cancellation from Axl more than anything else. And I respect all people who work hard, whether they're at ABC, TB, HTGTH or an OBGYN with SAD listening to POD on their way to rid someone of an STD. It's not about assuming my 'favourite' anything did everything right and everyone else screwed up. Not for me anyway.

Put simply your tweet seems to imply it was ABC's fault and I have no reason to believe that's the case. Also 'silly fans, no one said it was happening'. Well, you pretty much did for one. You're a respected member of this community and as you said a 20 yr veteran. Cut people some slack, you thought it was happening too. I'm sure you felt the same sinking feeling everyone else did. Maybe you know something I don't (to my chagrin, 2 out of my 3 GNR contacts have flown the coop. There goes my backstage pass  Tongue ) . But just as I'm not going to presume Axl doesn't have good reason for cancelling, I'm not going to presume ABC didn't have confirmation
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2016, 10:03:19 PM »

Maybe it?s a case of Diarrhea

Taco Bell can do that to a guy.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2016, 10:31:13 PM »

Hopefully its just a small fumble, but unfortunately these things only fuel the public's perception that Axl is unreliable.

Yep.  And then we have people that get all bent out of shape about it.

This is why people think what they think and say what they say about him.  People act like its all some urban legend.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2016, 10:39:15 PM »

Hopefully its just a small fumble, but unfortunately these things only fuel the public's perception that Axl is unreliable.

Yep.  And then we have people that get all bent out of shape about it.

This is why people think what they think and say what they say about him.  People act like its all some urban legend.

Look, I'm upset that he won't be on Kimmel too. Was really looking forward to that. But is NOW really the time to complain about it with what we now know?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »

I guess if someone doesn't like what Jarmo posted, maybe they should run their site.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: