Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show  (Read 66854 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2016, 08:11:55 PM »

There's no reason to backpedal.  Something happened.  But lets not play games about whats considered confirmed or not. 
The answer is simple, nothing has been confirmed about GNR since last July that Ashba and Bumble are gone (and Axl's love for taco bell)

Nothing.

Yet. Me, you and hundreds of others have been wasting valuable time discussing this stuff.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2016, 08:12:11 PM »

Last time he was on the show, they posted it on gunsnroses.com.

This time, the show put his name on their site, until it disappeared.

/jarmo

The website has been down for a few weeks though, hasn't it? I realize there are other ways they could have confirmed but still a little weird. I wonder if Axl wanted the appearance to be a surprise and once the cat was out of the bag, it got canceled. Or maybe Coachella wants to make the announcement first, on Wednesday I guess it is now? Nothing is ever easy.  Huh

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2016, 08:13:38 PM »

right on cue...nothing ever smooth

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2016, 08:14:37 PM »

I can't wait for this to be the Kimmel show's fault... like the are in the business of putting people on their official guest blog because of a rumor they read on the internet. I have never seen one person/band be the 'victim' in so many misunderstandings in my life.

It's Merck's fault
It's Irving's fault
It's Best Buy's Fault
It's The Venue in Vancouver's fault
It's The Venue in Philly's fault
It's The labels fault
It's Videographer's fault
It's the guitar players fault (pick one)

They either botched the perfect launch of this huge reunion/reformation with ANOTHER 'cancelation/no show' OR they colossally botched the PR and created a nightmare by ignoring all of the rumors.

The Kimmel announcement was going to be bigger for the band than what ever Coachella does to announce their lineup... We obviously already know when the announcement is made and we think we know what they are going to say, but if you ask 100 people tomorrow morning 2 questions a. What time and channel is Jimmy Kimmel on and b. When is the Coachella Festival lineup announced significantly more people will know about Jimmy.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:17:08 PM by C0ma » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2016, 08:16:06 PM »

Hopefully we hear something soon. I believe that something was set up for tomorrow, or why else would it be posted here. We'll see what happens. I'm going to take a break from this for a bit. This is almost like the instant replays in the NFL, analyzing every little thing.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »

I'm pretty sure this whole thing is done.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2016, 08:18:09 PM »

You posted about it in news section and you started a thread about spoilers. Are you saying now that you knew it wasn?t going to happen?

No, I thought it was gonna happen until they removed his name from their site. That made me wonder why it was removed.

/jarmo

Well it's you saying it was 'never confirmed' that's rustling feathers isn't it. It was confirmed enough for you to put it on your news page. Know you're trying to have Axl's back or whatever, but it does come off a bit 'why did you think it was happening?' at the fans when in reality you thought it was, I thought it was, ABC thought it was.

I don't recall you ever posting unconfirmed news on your site before and I don't think you did with this. But you can't have it both ways. Either it was confirmed and subsequently cancelled or you've taken to posting unconfirmed news on your well-respected site.
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2016, 08:18:15 PM »

There's no reason to backpedal.  Something happened.  But lets not play games about whats considered confirmed or not. 
The answer is simple, nothing has been confirmed about GNR since last July that Ashba and Bumble are gone (and Axl's love for taco bell)

Nothing.

Yet. Me, you and hundreds of others have been wasting valuable time discussing this stuff.

Yes, because apparently,  for 4 months now, neither Axl or Slash or anyone of the current/old lineup never bothered to address/deny the rumours. Was it that hard really? No. So, in the end, fans are at fault for being fed reunion hype? We've been taken for a one long, looong merry go ride..and they are all having a blast out of it.
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2016, 08:19:35 PM »

Well it's you saying it was 'never confirmed' that's rustling feathers isn't it. It was confirmed enough for you to put it on your news page. Know you're trying to have Axl's back or whatever, but it does come off a bit 'why did you think it was happening?' at the fans when in reality you thought it was, I thought it was, ABC thought it was.

I don't recall you ever posting unconfirmed news on your site before and I don't think you did with this. But you can't have it both ways. Either it was confirmed and subsequently cancelled or you've taken to posting unconfirmed news on your well-respected site.

+1
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2016, 08:22:02 PM »

Well, one thing is for sure: If we don?t see any news tomorrow, we only need to wait for wednesday night to see if the Coachella gig ir confirmed. I?m pretty sure that if GNR headlines Coachella, we will get news from GNR camp till friday about all of this. But if this is bogus, maybe we can get news in 2017, 2018...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2016, 08:23:38 PM »

There's plenty of times I've posted things that didn't go as everybody thought. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »

right on cue...nothing ever smooth

Yep....out of the loop today until I checked in and saw this thread.....kinda got that feeling in the stomach again you get when you are flying on the road...great tunes on...feeling indestructible....and then you realize you just blew by a cop hiding behind some trees..............
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2016, 08:24:57 PM »

After all this shit???  What a huge disappointment.  I just need to hear it out of Axl's mouth.  It's hard to believe anything anymore.  My days are feeling like weeks.  Why is it always a damn game with  "Guns N' Fuckin' Roses"?
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »

Well, one thing is for sure: If we don?t see any news tomorrow, we only need to wait for wednesday night to see if the Coachella gig ir confirmed. I?m pretty sure that if GNR headlines Coachella, we will get news from GNR camp till friday.

That's the silver lining. If it's all gone to bollocks Coachella is big enough and ugly enough to say so (while they desperately scramble for another headliner).
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »

You posted about it in news section and you started a thread about spoilers. Are you saying now that you knew it wasn?t going to happen?

No, I thought it was gonna happen until they removed his name from their site. That made me wonder why it was removed.

/jarmo

Post of the year. I know it's only Jan. 4, but still.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »

Well it's definitely dissapointing but it's not a terminal problem IMO
If ever there was a time for a comment/clarification on where we are at with things I'd say now is as good a time as any. That won't happen though.
Just need to sit tight folks.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2016, 08:27:42 PM »

There's plenty of times I've posted things that didn't go as everybody thought. Smiley

/jarmo

That's evading the question of whether it was confirmed or not. But I suspect that's because you know there is no question.

We're all well aware that things that are confirmed can be subsequently cancelled. Shockingly as fellow Guns N' Roses fans like yourself this is not unfamiliar to us Wink
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2016, 08:28:48 PM »

Un-fucking-real.  Roll Eyes
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2016, 08:29:30 PM »

/jarmo

My guess is you didn't post the follow up tweet and remove the pinned spoiler thread with only 'confirmation' from another message board admin... which means you got a courtesy call (email etc...) from the band/TB. Without specifics did we just hit a speed bump or did we just drive off the cliff like Slash in the Don't Cry video?
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2016, 08:30:10 PM »

Well, one thing is for sure: If we don?t see any news tomorrow, we only need to wait for wednesday night to see if the Coachella gig ir confirmed. I?m pretty sure that if GNR headlines Coachella, we will get news from GNR camp till friday about all of this. But if this is bogus, maybe we can get news in 2017, 2018...

But wasn't that always the timeline? Pretty obvious that Tuesday's Kimmel show comes before Wednesday's Coachella announcement. This has the makings of another "something changed".
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: