Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What non-GNR songs will be played / would you like them to play?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What non-GNR songs will be played / would you like them to play?  (Read 12752 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 11:49:07 PM »

Guns N' Roses Active:

1985 - Present

Play All Songs !!

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2016, 07:02:42 AM »

I love Ain't it Fun and always considered one of the best Slash's performance in a official cover track. I think this would be a good opportunity to finally play this song live.

From CD, Slash maybe can play: CD, Street Of Dreams, Catcher In The Rye, This I Love. Minor chances has: Madagascar, Prostitute, TWAT. Almost zero: Shakler's, ITW, IRS, Sorry, Riad, Better, Scraped. Just my opinion.
I know it's all your opinion, but why the hell do you think Prostitute is more likely than IRS and Better?

Also, saw some people talking about Riad not being Slash style.. I think it's one of the more guitar driven songs in Chinese Democracy with a solid riff - Axl himself said to Bumblefoot that it reminds of Beatle's Hey Bulldog. Of course, the song has its synths and the solo and outro are wacky as fuck, but it could work in a more straight fowarad approach with Slash.

Still, I don't think Axl likes to sing this song. He had every chance to do it in 2006/7 when he was hitting all those high notes more easily.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 11:47:06 AM »

From slash's songs I'd really like to hear Axl on "Dissident".

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
lipeguns
Rocker

This guy wanna pinch my ass! Ha! Ha! Ha!

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2016, 10:46:58 PM »

I love Ain't it Fun and always considered one of the best Slash's performance in a official cover track. I think this would be a good opportunity to finally play this song live.

First song from "TSI" that I heard! Good one!

From CD, Slash maybe can play: CD, Street Of Dreams, Catcher In The Rye, This I Love. Minor chances has: Madagascar, Prostitute, TWAT. Almost zero: Shakler's, ITW, IRS, Sorry, Riad, Better, Scraped. Just my opinion.
I know it's all your opinion, but why the hell do you think Prostitute is more likely than IRS and Better?

Nothing explainable, just opinion. Maybe the lyrics...

Also, saw some people talking about Riad not being Slash style.. I think it's one of the more guitar driven songs in Chinese Democracy with a solid riff - Axl himself said to Bumblefoot that it reminds of Beatle's Hey Bulldog. Of course, the song has its synths and the solo and outro are wacky as fuck, but it could work in a more straight fowarad approach with Slash.

Still, I don't think Axl likes to sing this song. He had every chance to do it in 2006/7 when he was hitting all those high notes more easily.

Everybody knows your love to Riad... A really great song, played at HOB 01.01.01 and not in Rio III unfortunately... The vocal requirement is a factor to the band not plays it easily, like Silkworms, if could would be great.

Speaking in "Everybody knows"... wow, great "Intro" from Illusion's era!
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 08:52:20 PM »

Covers have always been part of the GN'R experience. On the UYI tour, songs like Imagine and Wild Horses were live staples; with more recent lineups, Riff Raff, Whole Lotta Rosie and other songs were covered.

If this regrouping is a long term prospect and they tour, what songs would you eventually wanna hear them cover and try live?

I vote for the following:

-Over the Hills and Far Away (they did this songs on a very rare occasion in the 90s, but Axl's voice is extremely fitting to cover Zeppelin material. He was turned down by a punk band in the early 80s cause he 'sounded too much like Robert Plant'!)

-Love of My Life (Queen - This piano driven number would make a great opener for This I Love or November Rain, the way It's Alright and Someone Saved My Life Tonight Have. Especially given Axl's love of Queen)

-Across the Universe (would make a great intro [think duet with Axl singing, Slash and Richard on acoustic guitars) for Catcher if it's played by the regrouped lineup

nightrain007
Opening Act

This is my Jungle!!

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 03:39:14 AM »

With the sad passing of David Bowie, I'd like to think they'd cover one of his tracks, maybe Space Oddity.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 05:59:54 AM »

Not a single cover. Not heavens door, not LALD and so on. Original songs only, of course that wont happen.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2016, 06:05:17 AM »

Covers have always been part of the GN'R experience. On the UYI tour, songs like Imagine and Wild Horses were live staples; with more recent lineups, Riff Raff, Whole Lotta Rosie and other songs were covered.

If this regrouping is a long term prospect and they tour, what songs would you eventually wanna hear them cover and try live?

I vote for the following:

-Over the Hills and Far Away (they did this songs on a very rare occasion in the 90s, but Axl's voice is extremely fitting to cover Zeppelin material. He was turned down by a punk band in the early 80s cause he 'sounded too much like Robert Plant'!)

-Love of My Life (Queen - This piano driven number would make a great opener for This I Love or November Rain, the way It's Alright and Someone Saved My Life Tonight Have. Especially given Axl's love of Queen)

-Across the Universe (would make a great intro [think duet with Axl singing, Slash and Richard on acoustic guitars) for Catcher if it's played by the regrouped lineup

YES
Princess Leia
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2016, 07:28:28 AM »

It would be nice if Wild Horses and Dust In The Wind could make a come back. Also I?d love to see Slash playing Anastasia and/or Gotten.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »

Not a single cover. Not heavens door, not LALD and so on. Original songs only, of course that wont happen.

I want to see them go back to their old way of playing KOHD.

Also I?d love to see Slash playing Anastasia and/or Gotten.

I think there is a chance you'll hear Anastasia worked into Slash's solo... not sure on band participation.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:33:27 AM by C0ma » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2016, 10:28:35 AM »

Guns N' Roses Active:

1985 - Present

Play All Songs !!

Cool

Not even close to being that easy lol.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »

The only songs I think Slash can play well from Chinese Democracy are:
Chinese Democracy
Street Of Dreams
TWAT
Catcher
This I Love

But let's not hold our breathe as I'm sure these gigs will be dominated by radio singles and if something as obscure as Yesterdays gets through we're lucky.

He can play anything from CD... just some of the songs don't fit his style very well... so I hope you aren't implying that his skill isn't up to par on some of the CD songs?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »

With the sad passing of David Bowie, I'd like to think they'd cover one of his tracks, maybe Space Oddity.

Yes, good call.  My preference for them would be Suffragette City.  Another possibility would be Let's Dance, which I never knew until reading the recent obituaries that Stevie Ray Vaughn played lead guitar.  That fits right into Slash's bluesy style of playing.  
Annie
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 10:33:06 AM »

I would like for them to do a David Bowie song. maybe Ch-Ch-Changes. Cool
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 12:17:34 PM »

I always loved the guns rendition of "Symphaty for the Devil", and always wanted to hear it live, but I know Axl replaced Slash guitar parts for Paul's so... it's very unlikely. Also loved the old intro that Axl used to play before November Rain, that little part of Black Sabbat's "It's Alright".

//JK
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2016, 12:23:47 PM »

The covers are part of the essence of GNR, that's what I think. A song like LALD, played in the GNR style has being worldwide recognized that have become practically of their own, becoming part of the legacy of the band.

//JK
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »

The covers are part of the essence of GNR, that's what I think. A song like LALD, played in the GNR style has being worldwide recognized that have become practically of their own, becoming part of the legacy of the band.

Good insight, I agree and love that GNR puts their own unique style on covers and makes them their own, a big fan of a lot of the covers they have done.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2016, 12:36:20 PM »

Oasis - Champagne Supernova or Dr Feelgood's Milk and Alcohol 
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »

If they do a Bowie cover, Rock n' roll suicide. Other than that, a Hanoi cover would be fun. But like Cheap Jon, I prefer as many originals as possible. Even though it's correct like JK75 says, Gn'R usually make cover songs even better.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »

I know and get that. I want to change my statement. It would be awesome to hear several songs from "Spaghetti".

If they played a 5 minute version of Heavens door that would work too, but to me, that's not a 10 minute song, especially not if Axl uses the cowboy voice that he has the past tours.

I'm 99.9% sure that it'll always be in the setlist though, same with LALD.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: