Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:28:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 new songs rumor
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 new songs rumor  (Read 25649 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »

So should a band stop creating new music then? Seems like we were having quite the opposite argument not too long ago.

Depends who we are talking about.

Circa 2014, people still got VERY upset if you said they weren't a viable band and just a touring one.  All that bought you was reposted quotes from Axl's internet chats...in 2008, mind you...that was supposed to dispel any doubt about where things stood, 6 years later.  With no sign of progress.

This though, this probably is just a touring configuration, at least right now.  I don't think any of us really expect new tunes from this line-up, a line-up we don't even fully know yet.
Color me gullible, but I would expect new music if some of the newer members are still involved. I'd have less hope for new music if this was strictly a reunion, if that makes any sense. Why keep Frank, Richard, and Pitman around if they aren't focused on the future? Again, I could be totally off base thinking that, but that's my viewpoint right now.

Pitman, oddly enough, might be the tell that they either plan on playing CD material or new material. Because do you even need him for the older stuff? Dizzy sure, and Richard if Izzy's not back, but I don't see Pitman being needed outside of new era stuff.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:25 PM »

That doesn't stop the Stones from playing one or two new songs. It doesn't (and shouldn't) stop any band. You have to cater to ALL your fans, not just the casual ones. Guns often play three hour shows, including covers. There's plenty of room in the setlist for a couple new tracks. And yes, some people will use it to hit the beer lines, and so be it. If they're playing 20 songs, you're still getting 18 hits.

Whenever the Stones do a new song, I always try to remain standing and see who joins me.  Or who else knows the words.

Funniest example had to be the 'Voodoo Lounge' tour.  After Keith's songs, they do 'Love Is Strong', the lead single from that album.  LOVE that song.  No reaction.

The next song?  'Monkey Man', a deep album cut from 1969's 'Let It Bleed'.  People stood back up.

Funny and depressing at the same time, I found.

Any concert where "baby-boomers" are the main demographic is ALWAYS depressing.  I had someone yell at me to sit down the last time I saw Aerosmith.  A Stones show to those old farts might as well be a night at the Opera.

On topic: I think new music is coming, and sooner than most think.  Whatever form it takes is anyone's guess, but I agree with Jarmo that they will likely strike while the iron's hot.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2016, 04:24:30 PM »

On topic: I think new music is coming, and sooner than most think.  Whatever form it takes is anyone's guess, but I agree with Jarmo that they will likely strike while the iron's hot.

Even one new Rose-Hudson-McKagan song would be amazing.

Think how much we would all play it over and over.

Would be like the summer I wore out my 'You Could Be Mine' / 'Civil War' cassingle.

Yeah, I said it : CASSINGLE

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ben9785
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2016, 04:26:43 PM »

I would be glad if they were to release some or all of the unreleased CD material including new recordings by Slash and Duff. In theory, the recording lineup would then be pretty close to the rumored hybrid lineup, not that it matters though.

Would be more excited if they were to release the hypothetical Chinese Democracy 2 alongside the new lineup touring Coachella etc. I'm more keen on new music though so I'm probably in a minority.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »

Color me gullible, but I would expect new music if some of the newer members are still involved. I'd have less hope for new music if this was strictly a reunion, if that makes any sense. Why keep Frank, Richard, and Pitman around if they aren't focused on the future? Again, I could be totally off base thinking that, but that's my viewpoint right now.

But do you think Richard or Frank is back if Izzy were interested or Steven was at all reliable?

I tend to think they are there out of necessity more than anything, no?

I think Richard would be in with or without Izzy because 3 guitars.  No Izzy probably means adding DK, if the rumors are true.

As for Adler, is it just reliability?  I'm not a drummer but it seems far from certain that he has the chops to play non-AFD material.  Look, I loved him on AFD, but his rep as a drummer beyond that is suspect.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2016, 04:28:49 PM »

Even one new Rose-Hudson-McKagan song would be amazing.

Think how much we would all play it over and over.

Would be like the summer I wore out my 'You Could Be Mine' / 'Civil War' cassingle.

Yeah, I said it : CASSINGLE

I think you may very well get what you're looking for.  The last half of 2015 for these guys have been filled with harmless deceits and half truths.  Slash devoting 2016 to the next Conspirator's album. Yeah, not so much.  Duff and Izzy in the studio this past fall for an upcoming Duff "solo" project.  Let's just see about that.  

Point is, if Axl Rose & Slash can arrange the miracle that is the two of them appearing onstage together again, despite all odds, I'm going to go ahead and say anything goes from here on.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »

As for Adler, is it just reliability?  I'm not a drummer but it seems far from certain that he has the chops to play non-AFD material.  Look, I loved him on AFD, but his rep as a drummer beyond that is suspect.

I'm right with you on that.  But we have people that will take you into the Thunderdome over his being able to do it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »

I think you may very well get what you're looking for.  The last half of 2015 for these guys have been filled with harmless deceits and half truths.  Slash devoting 2016 to the next Conspirator's album. Yeah, not so much.  Duff and Izzy in the studio this past fall for an upcoming Duff "solo" project.  Let's just see about that.  

Point is, if Axl Rose & Slash can arrange the miracle that is the two of them appearing onstage together again, despite all odds, I'm going to go ahead and say anything goes from here on.

Great points in that first paragraph.

As for the second, all bets are off as far as I'm concerned in this business.  Axl & Slash patching up was my gold standard of impossibility.

Now?  Pitch me something wacky.  I can't dismiss it.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2016, 04:34:45 PM »

I'm right with you on that.  But we have people that will take you into the Thunderdome over his being able to do it.

Yeah, if Adler is in fact involved, it will likely be a Mick Taylor type situation where he pounds out the same 2-3 Appetite songs every night until he ODs. ::KIDDING!!::
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2016, 04:35:02 PM »

Maybe they could put the next release on 8-track....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2016, 04:39:37 PM »

Guns last toured in mid 2014, who would've thought then that just one year later Axl & Slash would be planning a reunion?  The answer is not many, myself included.

So why the hell not a new album in 2016 with Slash & Duff's fingerprints also on it?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:40 PM »

Guns last toured in mid 2014, who would've thought then that just one year later Axl & Slash would be planning a reunion?  The answer is not many, myself included.

So why the hell not a new album in 2016 with Slash & Duff's fingerprints also on it?

That's how we got 'Compton' from Dr. Dre.  Dude fucked around with 'Detox' for over a decade.

Then, one day, decided it just wasn't very good despite all the tinkering in the world.  Scrapped it.  And banged out an entirely new album with all differnet people very quickly.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »

Didn't a lot of these rumours start in Vegas last year?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2016, 04:46:26 PM »

That's how we got 'Compton' from Dr. Dre.  Dude fucked around with 'Detox' for over a decade.

Then, one day, decided it just wasn't very good despite all the tinkering in the world.  Scrapped it.  And banged out an entirely new album with all differnet people very quickly.

If this week has taught us anything, it's that when there is smoke, it's okay to entertain the idea that a fire is burning somewhere.  GNR fans know better than to bite the hook right away, especially when initially all we had to go on in reality was that Slash said he and Axl had patched things up and spoken on some level.  That was literally it until BAM...

Hopefully the same goes for these 2 (or more) new songs rumors with Slash & Duff.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:48:57 PM by sofine11 » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »

Maybe within Guns, but the only rumors I recall was that Axl was "disbanding" that incarnation of GNR after Vegas. Which was a half truth, at best.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2016, 04:59:38 PM »

Check you calendar. You might have to turn the page.
2014 wasn't last year. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »

Check you calendar. You might have to turn the page.
2014 wasn't last year. Wink

/jarmo

Hahahaha it's all been a blur to myself
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2016, 07:48:53 PM »

I don't know if this bears any significance, but Axl is no longer listed as an ASCAP composer. Not sure if he's switched to BMI or SESAC?

This change must have been quite recently, as I quite regularly check the database in hope of finding new song registrations.

Black Frog Music is still an ASCAP publisher. Also, I firmly believe that the entity Guns N Roses Music Publishing (Axl, Slash, Duff I think) was listed under the ASCAP directory before, but now it's not.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: