Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:33:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 new songs rumor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 new songs rumor  (Read 25711 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2016, 03:11:12 AM »

Its pretty customary to tour behind SOMETHING. So why not double dip and sell a more authorized best of, with a couple brand new songs as the selling point? Plus gives 2 new songs to play live also and extend the setlist if they don't want to revisit every AFD song or some of the UYI stuff.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2016, 08:35:40 AM »

right now, I'd guess the label is far more accommodating to GnR than they have been in the last 10-15 years. there is an opportunity like no other time in the last 10 years or so to make money from GnR. I think a GH would be a waste, but if that is what it takes to get a new song or two, i'll take it. dying to hear more music from Axl, and if it is Axl/Slash.....holy shit!!!  since Richard and others have mentioned new music and there's been mention of songs slash had input on, I think there's a good chance we get a song or two.

I have a tiny bit of hope that we get a full release. if CD II songs were truly ready to go, and this reunion has been in the works for several months (some reports are now saying years), and some songs are from years ago that slash had actually worked on, and the label sees this is as good a time as ever to make money from a release, maybe it happens. slash could have easily worked on any number of songs in the last few months. and maybe the album is called "Guns N Roses" and there are songs developed during the last 15+ years and includes all guitarists.

Axl and Slash are back together.....anything is fucking possible!!!  beer

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2016, 08:40:29 AM »

Its pretty customary to tour behind SOMETHING. So why not double dip and sell a more authorized best of, with a couple brand new songs as the selling point? Plus gives 2 new songs to play live also and extend the setlist if they don't want to revisit every AFD song or some of the UYI stuff.

I'd be happy with two new songs and more than excited but in my opinion these bonus tracks are only perceived as pretty randomly bonustracks. I'd rather have an full album than two tracks in advance.
when VR released Set me Free and Slither they felt like fillersongs on Contraband.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2016, 08:55:22 AM »

I get the desire to hear the music we have been told about for the last 15 years... three albums worth... blah blah blah...

I just don't think it makes any sense for the reformed band or the label to release material primarily written and recorded by a lineup doesn't exist anymore and really has no public support. Outside of the hardcore fans of these boards it's not like anyone is asking for it. The label's best bang for their buck and the best way to draw interest around this tour is a retrospective package that Axl Duff and Slash work on and agree on, the hope is that it would give us a new song or two and maybe make more commercially available to the general public songs that were b sides or never saw the light of day (like the Don't Cry Demo, Shadow of Your Love, Crash Diet, etc...)

The other option would be to record the rehearsal process for Coachella and the possible work on new tracks for a documentary released after Coachella but before the tour dates. Similar to the special created during the making of Velvet Revolver. This gives us the chance at seeing one on one interviews with the members about how this got off the ground. It would be very interesting to hear from Frank and Richard (assuming they are in, we'll see Tuesday).

CDII (or what ever it is called) can see the light of day after this all gets off the ground... once the label is happy, Axl will probably get more flexibility and will be able to get what he wants out of it without getting his hand forced by the label. Look at the Spaghetti Incident, do you think they would let Axl release that in 2010? No, that was the product of following Appetite, Lies, and the Illusions... GnR could have recorded 45 minutes worth of farts and Geffen was going to happily release it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:57:02 AM by C0ma » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »

Yeah, but when you have the biggest reunion in years happening, do you really need that?
Obviously the record company probably wouldn't mind repackaging another compilation.

I still think it'd be cool if they instead released the second half of Chinese.... And no, it wouldn't bother me if the band on tour isn't the same as the one that recorded those tracks.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:14 AM »

I would really LOVE to hear the second half of Chinese! beer
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »

Yeah, but when you have the biggest reunion in years happening, do you really need that?
Obviously the record company probably wouldn't mind repackaging another compilation.

I still think it'd be cool if they instead released the second half of Chinese.... And no, it wouldn't bother me if the band on tour isn't the same as the one that recorded those tracks.  Smiley

/jarmo

Does not bother me in the slightest, and I don?t think the reunion will prohibit its release.  Honestly, now is probably the best time to release it.  If the label is interested in maximizing revenue (hint: they are) strike while the iron is hot.  With all the attention Guns has gotten in these last few weeks, this renewed interest alone will help drive sales.  If Slash and Duff added some parts, even better (but not really necessary, IMO).  CDII presumably has Axl on vocals, that?s really all you need.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »

That's exactly my point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2016, 09:22:43 AM »

I get the desire to hear the music we have been told about for the last 15 years... three albums worth... blah blah blah...

I just don't think it makes any sense for the reformed band or the label to release material primarily written and recorded by a lineup doesn't exist anymore and really has no public support. Outside of the hardcore fans of these boards it's not like anyone is asking for it.

Correct.

Of all the people that will tune in to see Axl tomorrow night, how many will be doing so saying, "man, I hope he gives us an update on 'Atlas Shrugged'!!"?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »

/jarmo

Does not bother me in the slightest, and I don?t think the reunion will prohibit its release.  Honestly, now is probably the best time to release it.  If the label is interested in maximizing revenue (hint: they are) strike while the iron is hot.  With all the attention Guns has gotten in these last few weeks, this renewed interest alone will help drive sales.  If Slash and Duff added some parts, even better (but not really necessary, IMO).  CDII presumably has Axl on vocals, that?s really all you need.
True. Add to the fact that the money is made in touring these days, not album sales. So I doubt Slash, Duff, etc. would mind if they're making loads of cash touring around the release of an album that was worked on without them. And IF the Chinese leftovers were released, it's entirely possible that they could work up a few songs with Slah, Duff, etc. to include on the album. Anything is possible, and I now say that with a renewed sense of optimism.  peace

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »

I would like them to release a Best Of box set type of deal. I don't see why not?

I'm sure they've got several songs from their 94-96 era, so just get 2 of those or just make up 2 more?

Do a 2 disc definitive BEST OF, and the 3rd disc could be a live cd of 14 tracks or something. Or just make the 3rd disc demos from the 94-96 era. That would be pretty incredible.

The 1st GH album that no one wanted to come out when it did does get all the "greatest hits". So that album is perfect for the "hit" songs.

A best of would be fantastic. It would have to be 2 discs and AT LEAST 22 songs in total. 22 or 24 I think. I don't see why not? But as some of you have already said, they don't need to do this right now... the reunion tour should be more than enough for now.

There's so many things they could do to market this, and really bring back some good memories and rock n roll man. I hope they do the most with this. The 3rd disc in a box set is probably just wishful thinking. I could see them doing a best of with 2 new songs though

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »

If they were to release CD 2 before/during a reunion tour, I'd be thrilled.  I guess its possible we're going to see a reunion because this is what it took to get label support to promote CD 2 material.  However, would the public/media consider it false advertising if they release new material that doesn't have Slash and Duff on it?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2016, 11:36:02 AM »

I want the "perfect song"! Coma

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2016, 11:37:12 AM »

If CD2 was released as is while a reunion tour was going on, I'd be very surprised indeed. CD2 with Slash adding a few parts, perhaps, but still seems unlikely. A reunion tour just seems to say 'this is the real Guns N' Roses and that wasn't'. Not my personal belief but I'm sure that's how a lot of people will see it. For Slash and Duff to effectively tour CD2 would seem an almost extraordinarily generous gesture on their part.

I think we can agree one thing for sure - the label are going to want to put something out. Whichever way you slice it a reunion tour (unless it's in support of a completely new album) is a mining of the past so some sort of retrospective release is both the most natural and the easiest thing to do, not to mention a guaranteed seller. A box set would be nice too. All the albums remastered with CD2 in there as well as getting a separate standalone release? Now that would be a dream scenario. The perfect thing to support a tour by a hybrid lineup. "Here it is, all of Guns N' Roses. Past meets present". Oh and throw in the Perfect Crime documentary while you're at it. Wink

You never know. If I was a betting man though, my money would be on 2-disc hits compilation with a couple of new songs.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2016, 11:38:16 AM »

Coma always embodied everything I adore about this band! Just play it live - I would sell body parts to
hear this live!!!

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »

Coma always embodied everything I adore about this band! Just play it live - I would sell body parts to
hear this live!!!
So would I, about 2-5,000,000 little swimmers   Grin
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2016, 02:35:29 PM »

/jarmo

I know I want to hear it too (whether Slash and Duff get a crack at them or not) I just don't see how it doesn't cause confusion. I also don't see how it doesn't get at least some negative feedback from rock stations on terrestrial and satellite radio plus the typical entertainment websites. It will be looked at as a huge bait and switch. People are finally getting what they view as the core of Guns N Roses back, yet they are going to get an album with guitar tracks featuring people named Buckethead and Bumblefoot... plus once it gets released and the CD Era fans listen too it, they are going to have their favorite tracks, and here comes the setlist whinning when the reformed lineup doesn't play Atlas Shrugged or the General in concert... ever.

I think it should see the light of day, I just think they need to get this all off the ground first.

They finally have what seems like a fresh start, they can put a plan together, execute on it, and build momentum. Suddenly throwing a album with tracks that could be anywhere between 15 and 2 years old featuring people that have been potentially gone for more than a decade just seems like a distraction more than anything.

Edit: the only way this makes sense is that Axl already has buyoff from the label and this thing hits iTunes tomorrow live while he's on Kimmel. He announces the reformed lineup, thanks the various members of the CD Era, and says "to close this chapter out, I am releasing everything we worked on... I have spent every waking moment since leaving Vegas getting these buttoned up. I hope you like it and appreciate the talented people who stood with me over the last several years helping me get to this point."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:40:07 PM by C0ma » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2016, 03:55:29 PM »

Well said, agree with all of that.

People aren't going to pay $275 to hear stuff that didn't make the cut for the last album.  Be serious, folks.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2016, 04:10:24 PM »

Why do we care so much as to who writes what songs. In the pop music world alot of the songs these pop artists sing are written by other people but you never hear people saying oh how can this artist sing someone else's songs. If Axl, Slash n Duff got together and said lets see how these songs sound with you guys on them and thats what they end up deciding to do are we really going to say NO DONT DO THAT.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2016, 04:15:52 PM »

Well said, agree with all of that.

People aren't going to pay $275 to hear stuff that didn't make the cut for the last album.  Be serious, folks.

It may not be that "It didn't make the cut" it may be that it was saved for the next album.

A little positivity goes a long way.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: