Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 new songs rumor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 new songs rumor  (Read 25747 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »

Doom & Gloom kicked ten tons of ass.

Yeah, I really dug it.  Very clever lyrics.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2016, 09:15:14 PM »

It is possible they worked up two "old" new songs. Slash in August 1996 said that between himself, Axl and Slash they had written "around 80" new songs. Could be possible there was say an instrumental track circa 1994-96, have Axl throw lyrics over it and whoever is on rhythm now dub in a new rhythm track.

I'd take that figure with a grain of salt. Well, not so much a grain as a mine. At the time the band was falling apart they were working on a number of songs that would dwarf their entire released discography? Doesn't seem particularly likely.

Every quote from that era, especially 1995 to 1996, suggested they had definitely 14 songs written, with 7 songs totally recorded (sans Axl vocals) before Slash left.
Add into this the demos done in the months Zakk Wylde was sorta a member, add in the dozen songs Izzy and Duff did in a one week stretch in April 1995. According to Marc Canter, Izzy also brought in around 50 songs for Guns to use in the summer of 1996.

Fortus himself said some of the newer songs date back to Slash.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:17:22 PM by CherryGarcia » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »

50 riffs, maybe.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »

Fortus himself said some of the newer songs date back to Slash.
90s or a tad more recent?  nervous

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2016, 10:01:05 PM »

Always wondered if when Slash was writing guitar parts for his various albums, if he came across a riff or two that he sort of tucked away....just in case
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2016, 10:08:26 PM »

Isn't "Down by the Ocean" supposed to be a finished song?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2016, 10:30:56 PM »

Isn't "Down by the Ocean" supposed to be a finished song?

"In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it, I haven't come back to know nothing." (Izzy, Popular Magazine, 2001)

Some think the Izzy song 'Box' is Down By The Ocean....

He lives in a box down by the ocean
Down off the main road by the hill
Takes what he finds and eats it right there
Makes what he can with what he will
He don't ride the bus
They don't let him drive
There he walks for miles, a day
Cause he ain't got no ride
Down by the sea side at the hill
Palm trees it ain't the beauty look, good though
Eventhough he looks pretty ill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM-oJzwVWtE&feature=youtu.be

Always wondered if when Slash was writing guitar parts for his various albums, if he came across a riff or two that he sort of tucked away....just in case
Maybe this got tucked away...

"I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of [Slash in the '96 sessions] were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks... I wanted to put that record together...  by [1996], we would have put it out."

"The day after Rock In Rio [01/16/01,] Axl and I were at the pool... [Axl] saying to me "If Slash apologizes publicly for the things he said about me in the press I have 3 songs that he could play on the new album". They were 3 songs that Slash had written on and Axl wanted to do something with them and include them on Chinese Democracy." -

"The band managed to do a little bit of jamming and come up with some things. A couple of the ideas I had come up with Axl apparently liked and they were recorded onto Pro Tools and stored for him to work on later." (Slash, autobiography)

"We hadn't written songs or recorded for many years. There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company. [...] When we tried writing songs in the old style of Guns N' Roses, they sounded too old, they didn't sound so alive. We could not make that. And I think that that also passed with the old Guns N' Roses. The songs composed by the boys for another album many years ago, everything sounded old. Then we tried to explore to maintain the band alive." (Axl, Rock & Pop FM, 01/22/01)

"[The 1996 tracks are] not something I would want to approach (without Slash), because, at the time, there was only one person that I knew who could do certain riffs that way. [...] That's the reason why that material got scrapped.

DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2016, 11:27:22 PM »

I would be interested in new material. Realistically though, tackling a giant world tour and seeing how they vibe makes a big difference. Everyone remember most accounts from the UYI tours? Axl would ride by himself while the rest of the band was together? Fast forward to the store of Axl in Miami Beach riding on a mechanical bull and how that was a rare moment, Axl hanging out with the band out and about. I think Axl spends a lot of time alone, making song writing sessions a little difficult.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2016, 03:21:52 AM »

It is possible they worked up two "old" new songs. Slash in August 1996 said that between himself, Axl and Slash they had written "around 80" new songs. Could be possible there was say an instrumental track circa 1994-96, have Axl throw lyrics over it and whoever is on rhythm now dub in a new rhythm track.

Very possible.

Crash Diet? Bring it Back home?

Anyone?HuhShocked
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2016, 06:45:08 AM »

The insider who has life-long ties to countless artists has also tipped off Metal Sludge that the band will be ?going to the studio to cut 1 or 2 new songs? in the early part of 2016.

Cheers.

So it started there and then people saw two photos and assumed they were related to this rumor.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »

The insider who has life-long ties to countless artists has also tipped off Metal Sludge that the band will be ?going to the studio to cut 1 or 2 new songs? in the early part of 2016.

Cheers.

So it started there and then people saw two photos and assumed they were related to this rumor.

/jarmo

The comedian claims to know even more about it

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »

Cheers.

/jarmo

The way Metal Sludge seems to work, is their 'insider' the first post of this comedians picture on a message board? Like I said earlier, it's sort what came first the chicken or the egg... Did the rumor start when metal sludge reported it and the pictures were 'used' to 'prove' the rumor... or did the pictures start the rumor and Metal Sludge ran with it?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »

Cheers.

/jarmo

The way Metal Sludge seems to work, is their 'insider' the first post of this comedians picture on a message board? Like I said earlier, it's sort what came first the chicken or the egg... Did the rumor start when metal sludge reported it and the pictures were 'used' to 'prove' the rumor... or did the pictures start the rumor and Metal Sludge ran with it?
I would say the first option. They say the band would still hit the studios in January and also mentioned contract works.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2016, 07:21:03 PM »

There has been some not so subtle hints on another board that Slash has already been in studio working on GNR songs.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2016, 07:29:58 PM »

I pretty much read everything on the web GNR related like most of you probably. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Richard Fortus mention something about working on old Slash work for GNR a handful of months ago before reunion rumors?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2016, 07:30:30 PM »

There has been some not so subtle hints on another board that Slash has already been in studio working on GNR songs.

Yeah, definitely. In the 1980s and 1990s for sure!

Oh, you didn't mean that.....  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2016, 07:31:20 PM »

Yeah, definitely. In the 1980s and 1990s for sure!

Oh, you didn't mean that.....  rofl

/jarmo

LOL well done sir,well done!! Grin
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM »

Well I believe the person who posted has proven before to post things regarding Slash that turned out to be accurate. Has direct contact .. I think.

But yes ur crack was amusing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2016, 08:35:33 PM »

Well I believe the person who posted has proven before to post things regarding Slash that turned out to be accurate. Has direct contact .. I think.

Well, it's all possible. I didn't see the post or know the poster.

It's just that at this particular time, there seems to be a lot of people who suddenly "know" all kinds of stuff so you gotta be careful who and what you believe in.

/jarmo

xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »

Where r the quotes from 1996 riffs  from? Anyone recall?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: