Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 103071 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »

Something else odd, here:

NONE of Kimmel's show descriptions, for this week, are actually listing the guests who are on. At least on Directv.  Usually, all that changes on Saturday into Sunday at least from what I've seen.

One other thing: In looking at the Kimmel's guest page, it sure looks, to me, like they reverted back to an earlier version, rather than removed Axl's name and updated the current version.  I don't know if that means anything, ultimately...but it could point to an error, somewhere.  Could also be that Axl's name wasn't supposed to go up until after TONIGHTS show....if at all.  We'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2016, 02:21:07 PM »

The whole world knows about it. What?s the point of taking it off?  Huh

There would be some point if he wasn't appearing anymore Huh
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2016, 02:24:18 PM »

Its just cruel if they dont have Adler play some shows with them.  I still think the idea of having two drummers works.  This is a huge show.
It would be cool to have a section where Adler comes out, and does the AFD stuff, and then he comes out for the encore PC! 
If he messes up and has a relapse then no one will feel for him.  I wont at least, but I still want to see him out there.

All should be known TOMORROW.  Come on Axl please say IZZY and STEVEN are back!    love

This may sound harsh, but can Adler even play anymore?

I think Axl is gonna get him on stage to play Civil War and if he fucks up, he's off the stage until the next show and the same again.... When he gets it right he can finish the show  Wink
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »

Its just cruel if they dont have Adler play some shows with them.  I still think the idea of having two drummers works.  This is a huge show.
It would be cool to have a section where Adler comes out, and does the AFD stuff, and then he comes out for the encore PC! 
If he messes up and has a relapse then no one will feel for him.  I wont at least, but I still want to see him out there.

All should be known TOMORROW.  Come on Axl please say IZZY and STEVEN are back!    love

This may sound harsh, but can Adler even play anymore?

Yes. Just watch the Rock N'Roll Hall of fame performance. He was class.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RPRZxEQSRkg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:39:35 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2016, 02:39:38 PM »

Axl's name was removed from the Jimmy Kimmel Live Show website
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »

Yup...as was reported about a page ago (about an hour before your post) in this thread. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2016, 02:40:35 PM »

Yes. Just watch the Rock N'Roll Hall of fame performance. He was class.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RPRZxEQSRkg

Yep, Steven was awesome at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  He sounded incredibly tight with Slash and Duff.  There is no doubt that he can play.  There have already been rumors that Steven and Izzy will participate.  I posted this on another thread....

http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Steven Adler & Izzy Stradlin?s Rumored Involvement In Guns N? Roses Reunion

Metal Sludge is reporting that Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler could be guest performers on Guns N? Roses? upcoming reunion tour.

?It?s Axl, Slash & Duff. And whoever they decided to hire for the week, month or leg of a specific tour. If anyone so much as steps a foot to the left, they will be replaced faster than Summer?s replaces clip-in extensions on tour.?

He added, ?It?s the Big 3, Dizzy will be on keys, Frank on drums and Richard on rythym. And Izzy will saunter in a few nights and do 2-3 songs. Adler will get a chance to play a song or two, and my guess, might even be done 38 Special style. With both drummers. I?ve heard from sources Axl does not like Sorum, and he?s also said a few dumb things in recent years ? so he?s not likely to be there unless he bought a ticket. Scatter in a guest here or there on guitar, or Bach singing a duet with the boss on a night or two. Maybe if Fortus breaks an arm or something, they might bring in Gilby for a run of shows. I?d also wager there will be another utility player or two on the trek playing keyboards, or maybe even some extra guitar. Mark my words on all of this.?

Ex-Poison manager Howie Hubberman hinted at Facebook at Guns N? Roses trying to find a way to have some sort of role for Steven Adler in the reunion. ?Negotiations are not finished. They are doing this the right way!! Right way would include Steven (in some way).
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »

Axl's name wasn't replaced at least, so there's a name missing. Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2016, 02:54:38 PM »

Something else odd, here:

NONE of Kimmel's show descriptions, for this week, are actually listing the guests who are on. At least on Directv.  Usually, all that changes on Saturday into Sunday at least from what I've seen.

One other thing: In looking at the Kimmel's guest page, it sure looks, to me, like they reverted back to an earlier version, rather than removed Axl's name and updated the current version.  I don't know if that means anything, ultimately...but it could point to an error, somewhere.  Could also be that Axl's name wasn't supposed to go up until after TONIGHTS show....if at all.  We'll see.

I don't see Axl's name on the guest page either. Hope this was planned and his appearance wasn't cancelled. Anyone on the board planning on going tomorrow?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »

Axl's name wasn't replaced at least, so there's a name missing. Smiley

He is fucking with us.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »

Maybe there is more than 1 guest, so they don't want to fuck the surprise  peace
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2016, 03:15:37 PM »

Seems weird they'd even put it up in the first place if it was supposed to be a surprise.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2016, 03:21:36 PM »

All will be well. Can't wait for tomorrow!~ peace
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #313 on: January 04, 2016, 03:25:07 PM »

I'm guessing Axl will announce the touring lineup, which will include Steven Adler in some way...If he weren't included I think he would have spoken out by now...
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66455.0

He did couple months ago.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #314 on: January 04, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »

He did couple months ago.

That was then, this is now.... as you reunionists like to say.   Wink

I don't think that proves anything.  I certainly don't think Steven would've remained silent during these recent rumors (and I mean more recent than 3 months ago) if nothing was including him.  But.... EVERYTHING is still a rumor even at this point, and it looks like it will remain so all the way up until something actually happens.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »

Steven Adler should be involved in some way.

What I would do is this...

assuming he's learned the UYI songs in the last 25 years since he was kicked....  I'd just give him a straight on deal... show up, be cool have fun and play. No alchohol and no drugs.... if you do you're good and you're the drummer.

Have Frank Ferrer on standby (sorum and axl are worse off that adler and axl right?)

If he fucks up, Frank is the man the rest of the way... but give Adler a chance man. I honestly don't think he'd fuck this up. He needs the money more than any of them for sure too.

Izzy...well, I don't think he will be in the reunion in a mainstay way. I see him playing a few songs on a few shows, but that is it. Adler wants this more than any of them...

at the very least, they should have Adler do the encores or something.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »

Seems weird they'd even put it up in the first place if it was supposed to be a surprise.

I was just trying to stay positive..i don't want to find myself with a classic gnr bitter taste again  Cry
Annie
« Reply #317 on: January 04, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »

Steven Adler should be involved in some way.

What I would do is this...

assuming he's learned the UYI songs in the last 25 years since he was kicked....  I'd just give him a straight on deal... show up, be cool have fun and play. No alchohol and no drugs.... if you do you're good and you're the drummer.

Have Frank Ferrer on standby (sorum and axl are worse off that adler and axl right?)

If he fucks up, Frank is the man the rest of the way... but give Adler a chance man. I honestly don't think he'd fuck this up. He needs the money more than any of them for sure too.

Izzy...well, I don't think he will be in the reunion in a mainstay way. I see him playing a few songs on a few shows, but that is it. Adler wants this more than any of them...

at the very least, they should have Adler do the encores or something.
WhY? The guy is a train wreck with a big mouth. Just cuz he kept it shut for once does not make him worthy of being included.
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #318 on: January 04, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »

Would be fun if he doesn't show up at all. Which would mean a prolonged uncertainty and frustration for the fanbase wanting to know what's going on.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2016, 04:05:36 PM »

Would be fun if he doesn't show up at all. Which would mean a prolonged uncertainty and frustration for the fanbase wanting to know what's going on.

That would be a total disaster. 

Now, if he made light of it, that could work.  Like if Jimmy starts to explain that he was supposed to be here, but never showed up.  And then he walks out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: