Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 102959 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2016, 10:35:45 PM »

I'm sure everything will go as planned. Im sure the producers who probably don't follow axl like we do just go by what his alleged reputation is of being late or delayed alot. I will definitely be curious to see if he is the only guest they have on that particular show or if he will be on first then someone else or vice versa
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2016, 10:36:04 PM »

Monday as well currently only lists two guests.

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are supposed to be on as well.

Oh ok, they aren't on the schedule i saw.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2016, 10:36:45 PM »

I don't know if we have any late night experts here but typically these late night talk shows pre tape these shows. Now i'm sure if a situation arises where someone like axl rose decides he wants to talk they are able to make an exception on short notice. Im sure if its planned to be done on tuesday they are able to add it to the show. I think someone posted that natalie dormer is supposed to be on the tuesday night spot what a combo game of thrones and guns n roses.
They tape the show at 4:30 Pacific, so they could be giving themselves a little leeway just in case. But the normal schedule is to have a main guest, a secondary guest, and a music act, comedian, etc. Unless they have a major guest on. Then that guest could get at least two segments instead of just one. Again, no offense to Natalie Dormer or PVRIS, but I don't think either of them deserve an extra segment. So it makes sense to have Axl on that night.

Could it be it will be a pre-taped segment in the program? Maybe Axl and Slash hanging out in a recording studio..  Cheesy

Hence Axl isn't listed as a live guest on the show...
Anything is possible, but I'd expect him (them) to be there in person. Maybe this time he'll give out free tacos instead of burgers.  Grin

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2016, 10:37:07 PM »

Makes me think the current list posted isn't complete.

http://xfilesrevivalhellyeah.tumblr.com

scroll down a little bit.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:40:23 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2016, 10:41:17 PM »

I'd say that's quite possible. But I'd say Monday's list would seem more complete than Tuesday. Like her or not, J-Lo is a pretty big star and The Bachelor is an ABC show, I think. All Monday is missing is a music act. I know a few guys.  peace

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2016, 10:41:26 PM »

Anything is possible, but I'd expect him (them) to be there in person. Maybe this time he'll give out free tacos instead of burgers.  Grin

That would definitely be the coolest, hearing the audience's reaction also.

Sweetness is a virtue
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »

I'd say that's quite possible. But I'd say Monday's list would seem more complete than Tuesday. Like her or not, J-Lo is a pretty big star and The Bachelor is an ABC show, I think. All Monday is missing is a music act. I know a few guys.  peace
Yeah she'll be promoting her new NBC show Shades of Blue.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2016, 10:51:50 PM »

I don't know if we have any late night experts here but typically these late night talk shows pre tape these shows. Now i'm sure if a situation arises where someone like axl rose decides he wants to talk they are able to make an exception on short notice. Im sure if its planned to be done on tuesday they are able to add it to the show. I think someone posted that natalie dormer is supposed to be on the tuesday night spot what a combo game of thrones and guns n roses.
They tape the show at 4:30 Pacific, so they could be giving themselves a little leeway just in case. But the normal schedule is to have a main guest, a secondary guest, and a music act, comedian, etc. Unless they have a major guest on. Then that guest could get at least two segments instead of just one. Again, no offense to Natalie Dormer or PVRIS, but I don't think either of them deserve an extra segment. So it makes sense to have Axl on that night.

Could it be it will be a pre-taped segment in the program? Maybe Axl and Slash hanging out in a recording studio..  Cheesy

Hence Axl isn't listed as a live guest on the show...

Nice call
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2016, 11:07:55 PM »

Does Jimmy Kimmel usually do a theme week? 
And is the theme for the week "reunions" or "The Truth Is Out There"  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2016, 12:18:54 AM »

Just a theory on why he (they) are not listed:

All the information we've got so far regarding reunion, live shows, line-up... they are all from leaks to the press.

In an ideal world none would have leaked and Coachella could announce GNR as a headliner as a total surprise. Jimmy Kimmel could have baffled everyone by having Axl and Slash on the same show revealing that they are reuniting GNR.

So, the instructions Kimmel's production team got originally was not to reveal Axl and Slash as guests beforehand as it would ruin the surprise.

Naturally things leaked days ahead of time, but now Kimmel's production hasn't got any counter message from Axl/Slash about announcing them on the show, so they are just going ahead as originally planned ? no announcement of the appearance on the show.

Sweetness is a virtue
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:12 AM »

Ya think they are planning in case he is late? lol
i just re-watched his last appearance and there were a few jokes made about not knowing if he would show up for sure. So it's possible. But he did show up and everything went well. I'd think things would go even better this time around since they've done this once before.

I will go out on a limb and say this may have already been recorded to air Tues.  Just my gut talking. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2016, 12:37:28 AM »

Just a theory on why he (they) are not listed:

All the information we've got so far regarding reunion, live shows, line-up... they are all from leaks to the press.

In an ideal world none would have leaked and Coachella could announce GNR as a headliner as a total surprise. Jimmy Kimmel could have baffled everyone by having Axl and Slash on the same show revealing that they are reuniting GNR.

So, the instructions Kimmel's production team got originally was not to reveal Axl and Slash as guests beforehand as it would ruin the surprise.

Naturally things leaked days ahead of time, but now Kimmel's production hasn't got any counter message from Axl/Slash about announcing them on the show, so they are just going ahead as originally planned ? no announcement of the appearance on the show.

Certainly isn't impossible they already filmed their segments.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2016, 09:45:10 AM »

i just re-watched his last appearance and there were a few jokes made about not knowing if he would show up for sure. So it's possible. But he did show up and everything went well. I'd think things would go even better this time around since they've done this once before.

I will go out on a limb and say this may have already been recorded to air Tues.  Just my gut talking. 
Without a studio audience though? That would take away some of the excitement from the big reveal I'd think.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »

I suspect that just because they currently only list one guest for the days, doesn't mean that's how it'll be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »

Without a studio audience though? That would take away some of the excitement from the big reveal I'd think.
Talk shows film segments for the future, its possible that after the taping of episode of, let say 28 december, Kimmel changes his suit to a different one, and they tape another interview / music performance / comedian/ during the same day, for a later episode.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »

Talk shows film segments for the future, its possible that after the taping of episode of, let say 28 december, Kimmel changes his suit to a different one, and they tape another interview / music performance / comedian/ during the same day, for a later episode.

Then..trust me when i tell you this....we would already know about the appearance. People in the audience would have talked....

Afaik, Kimmel typically doesn't do what you are describing, usually either. Not even for his Friday eps (something letterman did, and i think leno, too).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2016, 10:20:31 AM »

Then..trust me when i tell you this....we would already know about the appearance. People in the audience would have talked....

Afaik, Kimmel typically doesn't do what you are describing, usually either. Not even for his Friday eps (something letterman did, and i think leno, too).
Conan does that sometimes.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »

Yeah, I'd say there's no chance this was already filmed, at least not with a studio audience. I think it'll take place on Tuesday during normal business hours, for JKL that is.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »

I can honestly say i don't think there is any other performer out there in the world musician, actor or actress or artist that has this aura or mystique that Axl Rose has. The whole will he won't he thing in no matter what he does whether its a guest appearance a concert or music release. Whether you love em or hate em people are truely fascinated when something comes up involving Axl.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »

Woulb be sort of cool, when they just played a tune without having a talk with Jimmy Kimmel. But that performance had to be spot on.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: