Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:31:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 103006 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »

I cant see it...   But, that would be so great.

I totally think the first time we see anything musical from this band will be at the festival

I'm not betting on it, just a wish scenario.

I get the argument that Coachella has probably paid a lot of money for GNR, but it's not unusual for bands to do warm-up shows before "the big one". As for the money spent, Coachella will be sold-out regardless.

I can imagine Rock in Rio 3 paid a lot for the comeback in 2001, yet GNR played for a small crowd in Vegas on New Years.

A TV performance on Kimmel would reach a lot of people, but there's a difference between doing one song as a teaser and full blown big concerts ahead of the festival.

Again, not arguing hard that there WILL be a performance on Kimmel. I also doubt it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2015, 11:08:19 PM »

I cant see it...   But, that would be so great.

I totally think the first time we see anything musical from this band will be at the festival

I'm not betting on it, just a wish scenario.

I get the argument that Coachella has probably paid a lot of money for GNR, but it's not unusual for bands to do warm-up shows before "the big one". As for the money spent, Coachella will be sold-out regardless.

I can imagine Rock in Rio 3 paid a lot for the comeback in 2001, yet GNR played for a small crowd in Vegas on New Years.

A TV performance on Kimmel would reach a lot of people, but there's a difference between doing one song as a teaser and full blown big concerts ahead of the festival.

Again, not arguing hard that there WILL be a performance on Kimmel. I also doubt it.

oh I bet there will be a warm up show or shows....   

probably secret, with proceeds to a charity

I am in Vegas in Feb, probably too soon for one, but I am hoping

However, just like RNR 3.....   

When they did Vegas....   Where is the footage of that show??  That show was on lock down 101....   

hence why I think there will be warm up shows, but not on tv, not to joe average ticket buyer
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »

When they did Vegas....   Where is the footage of that show??  That show was on lock down 101....   

Those were different times though. No social media, no (good) camera phones, no youtube.

Regular fans attended that show.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2015, 11:27:37 PM »

Those were different times though. No social media, no (good) camera phones, no youtube.

It was on serious lock down

All cameras and recorders were taken away

So todays standard would be, no phones allowed....... 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2015, 11:40:42 PM »

Cameras and recorders are taken away today also. Difference is everybody has a smart phone today, which has both those capabilities. If that had been the case in 2001, they couldn't have enforced the same on that. No one gives up their $500 phone at the door, they would have played to an empty venue.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2015, 11:47:36 PM »

Cameras and recorders are taken away today also. Difference is everybody has a smart phone today, which has both those capabilities. If that had been the case in 2001, they couldn't have enforced the same on that. No one gives up their $500 phone at the door, they would have played to an empty venue.

any recording device or any flash device was taken away then

now, usually, only any large recording devices or any cameras with large zooms are taken away/not allowed in

I would think

any secret show would have a zero tolerance for any of the above as back in the day

olus

a zero cell phone policy

you want in the show

leave your phone in your pocket

you pull it out

your gone

as the show would be for a 1000 give or take...   its a rule they can in force
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2015, 11:50:46 PM »

Not all recorders were taken away though.

We have the 010101 audio Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2016, 12:01:15 AM »

Not all recorders were taken away though.

We have the 010101 audio Wink

pocket recorders
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2016, 02:37:29 AM »

While we wait...

Tuesday next week is the only day not currently scheduled with 2 guests at Kimmel.

Monday - Jennifer Lopez, Ben Higgins
Tuesday - Natalie Dormer
Wednesday - Bill Maher, Brie Larson
Thursday - Kate Blanchett, Kevin Durant

Sweetness is a virtue
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2016, 02:44:42 AM »

very intersting. very very interesting.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2016, 02:56:25 AM »

While we wait...

Tuesday next week is the only day not currently scheduled with 2 guests at Kimmel.

Tuesday - Natalie Dormer

The title of the thread says ''5th'' and most articles say ''6th''. Do we have an exact date, or just a ''next week'' affirmation?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #151 on: January 01, 2016, 03:16:28 AM »

While we wait...

Tuesday - Natalie Dormer

The title of the thread says ''5th'' and most articles say ''6th''. Do we have an exact date, or just a ''next week'' affirmation?

Rolling Stone said Tuesday.

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #152 on: January 01, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »

I Set the whole week up on the dvr.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:27:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2016, 10:34:40 AM »

Van Halen did a very small and private show for family, friends, and selected media members a few years back when they reunited with Dave. They also played private warmup arena shows in LA if I recall correctly. I could see them doing something like that. I could maybe see Axl and Slash alone performing on Kimmel, but I doubt it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »

When Axl did the jimmy kimmel?s interview, they announced him on the show how many days in advance?

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »

Van Halen did a very small and private show for family, friends, and selected media members a few years back when they reunited with Dave. They also played private warmup arena shows in LA if I recall correctly. I could see them doing something like that. I could maybe see Axl and Slash alone performing on Kimmel, but I doubt it.
also VH played on Kimmel las year , they had a stage outside, i remember that time DRL broke his nose while doing his cheerleader routine with that stick lol
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2016, 01:07:51 PM »

also VH played on Kimmel las year , they had a stage outside, i remember that time DRL broke his nose while doing his cheerleader routine with that stick lol
Yeah, I think they played two nights on Kimmel. But that was their second time around since they first reformed with Dave. I would think Guns would want to keep things close to the vest along the way and not reveal everything all at once. I'd love for a full band performance on Kimmel, but I'm not expecting it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »

Yeah, I think they played two nights on Kimmel. But that was their second time around since they first reformed with Dave. I would think Guns would want to keep things close to the vest along the way and not reveal everything all at once. I'd love for a full band performance on Kimmel, but I'm not expecting it.

I completely agree.  I think unveiling / seeing the full (whatever that means) "reunited" lineup together for the first time at Coachella would be an insanely powerful draw.  A Kimmel performance would be spectacular, though.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »

For people in the LA area, right now there are tickets for Tuesday available. Earlier they were sold-out. I guess this comes and goes as some figure they can't attend and so on.

http://1iota.com/Show/1/Jimmy-Kimmel-Live

Axl hasn't been announced yet though.

Sweetness is a virtue
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »

I saw Dave Chappelle a few weeks ago. They didn't allow phones and they handed out a locking device prior to entry in to the venue. Then, on the way out, they unlocked it for fans. So...it is very possible on a small scale anyway. That said, no way there is a warm up show prior to Coachella in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: