Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 102956 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2015, 01:29:37 PM »

Howard Stern would do a phenomenal interview. Imagine he has both axl and slash on for one of his marathon interviews! But I'll start with the Kimmel interview. And I do think Slash n Duff will be there. Big things to come here.
Hoping for a Stern interview as well. Howard has mentioned a few times how much he wants to interview Axl in the past. Would be a great forum to get the word out. An hour plus interview, to say whatever they want to get off their chest. Howard is a big fan at heart too. He'd be more than fair.

Howard would say stuff which would re-open old wounds and end any reunion in two seconds flat. Howard lives for controversy, he's a troll. Single-handedly getting Axl to hate Slash all over again would be a notch in his belt to him.
I don't think you know how Howard operates because he doesn't operate that way. He's always respectful of his guests. It'd be the one thing if Axl showed up and was at odds with Slash. Then, yes, Howard would work to get to the bottom of that. But if there's a reunion going on, do you honestly think Howard would take pride in being the one who ruined a potential reunion? Again, I suspect you don't know enough about Stern and how he operates.

Faldor gets Howard.  The view on Howard being a ball breaker, etc is no longer true for the A list celebs he gets on the show.  Recently did a 2 hour interview with Adam Sandler which was phenomenal.  Did long interviews with Madonna, Chris Rock, Don Henley, Tarantino, JJ Abrams, Arnold, Rod Stewart, Adam Levine, the list goes on and on.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2015, 01:31:19 PM »

Looks like Matt Sorum will be sitting in on Late Night With Seth Meyers next week.

He's scheduled for both Monday and Tuesday at least.

If the line-up is with Axl on Kimmel, I guess Sorum is not in then.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2015, 01:57:03 PM »

Looks like Matt Sorum will be sitting in on Late Night With Seth Meyers next week.

Seth is painful to watch, but I guess I can make an exception in this case.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »

Some webs says Axl on Kimmel will be on the 5th some others say will be on the 6th? Can someone confirm what date is it really,  thanx! 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »

To promote what?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »

To promote what?

Kinda makes you think he's in and he is going on the show to promote this no ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »

To promote what?

Kinda makes you think he's in and he is going on the show to promote this no ?

Slight chance, but I think Axl or Axl and Slash should and will be the ones to break the news first.  I can't see Matt doing so a day before Axl does.  Therefore, I'm unsure why Matt will be there?  And if he's not joining GNR, his conversation could be interesting. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2015, 02:53:30 PM »

Matt is playing with the 8G Band all week. Not interviewing.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »

Good

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2015, 03:30:04 PM »

Yes, I wrote "sitting in". I probably wasn't clear enough in my first post, sorry.

Sweetness is a virtue
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2015, 03:31:35 PM »

Wonder what the odds are that the reunited GNR plays live on Kimmel and then Axl sits down to reveal plans?..

Could happen.  Duff has shown pic of rehearsing correct?  Just hope Axl would rehearse
I'd love to see it, and I guess it could happen. But I'd think if Coachella is indeed paying them 8 million dollars, they might want exclusivity on their first performance. Maybe they don't even announce the lineup until they hit the stage. I would think Slash and probably Duff would be announced and join Axl at the couch on Kimmel.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2015, 03:34:12 PM »

Yes, I wrote "sitting in". I probably wasn't clear enough in my first post, sorry.
Seems like interesting timing for him to be sitting in though. If he is a part of a reunion in any way, there'd probably be a few questions or at least congratulations thrown his way. If a full lineup isn't announced maybe he'll just be coy about the whole thing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »

Prediction.  Axl announces he will retire following this run with old members. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »

Howard Stern would do a phenomenal interview. Imagine he has both axl and slash on for one of his marathon interviews! But I'll start with the Kimmel interview. And I do think Slash n Duff will be there. Big things to come here.
Hoping for a Stern interview as well. Howard has mentioned a few times how much he wants to interview Axl in the past. Would be a great forum to get the word out. An hour plus interview, to say whatever they want to get off their chest. Howard is a big fan at heart too. He'd be more than fair.

Howard would say stuff which would re-open old wounds and end any reunion in two seconds flat. Howard lives for controversy, he's a troll. Single-handedly getting Axl to hate Slash all over again would be a notch in his belt to him.
I don't think you know how Howard operates because he doesn't operate that way. He's always respectful of his guests. It'd be the one thing if Axl showed up and was at odds with Slash. Then, yes, Howard would work to get to the bottom of that. But if there's a reunion going on, do you honestly think Howard would take pride in being the one who ruined a potential reunion? Again, I suspect you don't know enough about Stern and how he operates.

Faldor gets Howard.  The view on Howard being a ball breaker, etc is no longer true for the A list celebs he gets on the show.  Recently did a 2 hour interview with Adam Sandler which was phenomenal.  Did long interviews with Madonna, Chris Rock, Don Henley, Tarantino, JJ Abrams, Arnold, Rod Stewart, Adam Levine, the list goes on and on.

Did you hear the interview he did with Axl in 1989? He was planting stuff against the band in Axl's head. Saying since he's "doing all the work, he should take a bigger cut of the pay" and that he "doesn't need these guys" etc. And then what happened with Izzy? Axl felt Izzy wasn't working as hard as he was and wanted to demote him and dock his cut of the pie.

You can't see Howard with a list of quotes of Slash and Axl have said against each other, like "Slash stole 15 years of my life", "Slash is a cancer" and not be reading them off to Axl asking him, "So ya know, Axl, how, how can you forgive all this stuff? I mean you sure Slash isn't just trying to pull a fast one on you cause he's broke from being divorced?"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2015, 04:08:27 PM »

Did you hear the interview he did with Axl in 1989? He was planting stuff against the band in Axl's head. Saying since he's "doing all the work, he should take a bigger cut of the pay" and that he "doesn't need these guys" etc. And what happened with Izzy? Axl felt Izzy wasn't working as hard as he was and wanted to demote him and dock his cut of the pie.
That was 27 years ago. Have you listened to any of Howard's interviews recently? Trust me, he's changed. He's not the "shock jock" that you remember him to be.

Two appearances ago, Slash complained that Howard asked too many GNR questions. He later apologized and told Howard how well received the interview was and how much he appreciated it. The next time Slash was on the show with Myles and the Conspirators and the GNR talk was minimal at best.

Howard is not out to stir shit up if guests willingly come on his show to promote. That's not his gig, never has been. He's the self proclaimed "King of All Media" for a reason. And it's not for pinning two guests against each other after deciding to undertake the biggest reunion in the history of rock. I don't see how one could think that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:14:37 PM by faldor » Logged

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2015, 04:09:18 PM »

Prediction.  Axl announces he will retire following this run with old members. 

I don't think that's all that implausible that he will do that.  If Axl has been working on other music, I think that he has to know that it will all die when the original members get back together.  There is absolutely no going back from here if they do indeed reunite, unless Axl wants to do something that he doesn't refer to as Guns N Roses.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »

You can't see Howard with a list of quotes of Slash and Axl have said against each other, like "Slash stole 15 years of my life", "Slash is a cancer" and not be reading them off to Axl asking him, "So ya know, Axl, how, how can you forgive all this stuff? I mean you sure Slash isn't just trying to pull a fast one on you cause he's broke from being divorced?"

I think Axl is intelligent enough to understand where Howard is going with his questions. If he does Howard, he will know what he's walking into.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2015, 04:16:05 PM »

Axl will certainly address the reunion situation at Kimmel.

I do hope he says something about new music as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2015, 06:47:27 PM »

It would be awesome if Rose tries to drag it out playfully with Kimmel and has as a surprise....Slash with him. The audience likely would go ape shit. This could really be awesome to see those 2 rockin on stage again together.

overmatik
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2015, 06:49:11 PM »

Some webs says Axl on Kimmel will be on the 5th some others say will be on the 6th? Can someone confirm what date is it really,  thanx! 

They'll be on Kimmel on Tuesday night. Coachella's announcement is on Wednesday so there's no point in going to Kimmel on Wednesday night after the Coachella gig is made public.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: