Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 102916 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2015, 07:03:49 AM »

What happens if Axl comes on Kimmel and says:

Why are you working against his appearance on the show?

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »

Would you guys want more a rambling sort of explanation of how it all came together and they patched it up...

...or him saying, "Eh, what...were we just never gonna talk for the rest of our lives?  It's over and done, who cares?  This could be fun."

I'd prefer the latter, I think.  I kind of don't want to spend much talking about the bad time.

But do you guys think, after all this time, you want each and every detail?

I'd like to have each and every detail because I'm curious. But I don't think itwould make any sense for them. Joking around about it, is probably the best way to handle the situation. Sort of a rocknroll/whatever/fuckyou/none-of-your-business Attitude. But I'm still curious and would like to know what Slash did or did not for fucks sake.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2015, 07:06:22 AM »

Why are you working against his appearance on the show?

rofl

/jarmo

Axl has to be 28 again and not age like Dan Mcafferty. Or else!

Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2015, 07:08:58 AM »

Would you guys want more a rambling sort of explanation of how it all came together and they patched it up...

...or him saying, "Eh, what...were we just never gonna talk for the rest of our lives?  It's over and done, who cares?  This could be fun."

I'd prefer the latter, I think.  I kind of don't want to spend much talking about the bad time.

Some of each?

I don't need an autopsy of their conversation(s) and a blow by blow of how they patched things up.  But I wouldn't mind a "Yeah, back in May, we bumped into each other at Starbucks...and after all this time, I just had to give the guy a hug. It sorta snowballed form there" kinda thing.  Just a general layout of how when and how the initial reconnecting happened...but it can be "breezy".

After that, I'm good.  I'm sure we'll get someone who will, eventually, get a more in depth story out of them..but now is not, I don't think the time for that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2015, 07:09:55 AM »

"Over the past few months I've heard all these rumors and this and that and yadda yadda about a reunion of the old band floating around on the web, and all these guys commenting and getting their chips in "Oh isn't that cool?! Axl made nice with everyone!" and you know, I thought I'd come here and address it all. Slash and I are on good terms again, for now there's good vibes, and a whole lot of stuff just got blown out of proportion, as usual by the media to support their own agendas. And you know, it's come to such an avalanche of misinformation to mislead our fans that I've got to come here on live TV to address it. While the relationship between Slash and I has improved, we've both decided you know, a reunion's just not in the cards. Not now or at any foreseeable point. I'm here to tell you, to clear up the muddiness, that the new band will be moving forward once we get our new guitarists, then we're on to the next leg of the tour and the next album!"

What's the fallout from that?

Can you please stop with your negative hypotheticals. There would be absolutely no reason to go on a talk show to shoot this down use common sense please. I'm sorry but this type of thing is aggravating after all these months of waiting.

I just don't understand what the f'n problem is?! It's a scenario (worth/worhtless) that one can think about. Axl will give the answer next week. Stay cool.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »

"Over the past few months I've heard all these rumors and this and that and yadda yadda about a reunion of the old band floating around on the web, and all these guys commenting and getting their chips in "Oh isn't that cool?! Axl made nice with everyone!" and you know, I thought I'd come here and address it all. Slash and I are on good terms again, for now there's good vibes, and a whole lot of stuff just got blown out of proportion, as usual by the media to support their own agendas. And you know, it's come to such an avalanche of misinformation to mislead our fans that I've got to come here on live TV to address it. While the relationship between Slash and I has improved, we've both decided you know, a reunion's just not in the cards. Not now or at any foreseeable point. I'm here to tell you, to clear up the muddiness, that the new band will be moving forward once we get our new guitarists, then we're on to the next leg of the tour and the next album!"

What's the fallout from that?

Oh, enormous.  But I think can say there is zero chance that would happen.

Since when does Axl not only feel the need to speak up like that, he sets it up on national TV?

Nevermind how improbable that would be based on everything we've heard, its just not what he does. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2015, 07:12:41 AM »

Just a general layout of how when and how the initial reconnecting happened...but it can be "breezy".

You're right, that would be great.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2015, 07:13:28 AM »

I'll be more surprised if Slash isn't there than if he is tbh. Got to have your 'lets bring him out' onscreen reunion. That's your viral moment right there.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2015, 07:18:35 AM »

I'll be more surprised if Slash isn't there than if he is tbh. Got to have your 'lets bring him out' onscreen reunion. That's your viral moment right there.

Definitely. I expect to see Duff on Tuesday as well.

Jimmy is a smooth operator, I expect some light hearted jokes out of all em.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2015, 07:20:00 AM »

Oh, enormous.  But I think can say there is zero chance that would happen.

Since when does Axl not only feel the need to speak up like that, he sets it up on national TV?

Nevermind how improbable that would be based on everything we've heard, its just not what he does. 

I agree: Zero chance.

Because a) a denial could be handled via a press release or a social media tweet....and it would be more effective for that type of thing and b) Kimmel would not, likely, have any interest in Axl being on JUST for that conversation.  I mean, I'm sure he'd love to have Axl on to shoot the shit over other stuff, but not if the main reason was to discuss something NOT happening.  And that's not even taking into account the enormous negative blowback Axl would then have to deal with from the audience.  Yeah, just not the right forum for that kind of talk...not at this point.

No, I'm 100% sure this is Axl coming on to talk about the future of GnR, and announce that something is happening soon.  We can debate what that something is, I guess (though, at this point...other scenarios are going to be lower on the likelihood scale, given the confirmations from major press outlets)...but it's NOT "The rumors are not true, and I'm going back to Malibu to hike some more...so what's going on with you, Jimmy?"

I mean, if Axl wants to be funny, that would be a great way to open the interview.....but I think there's no way that's the actual message he's on the show to give.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:26:51 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2015, 07:42:41 AM »

Can't wait to hear about his "New Years Tree" 😎..As the old saying goes this is Must Watch TV!! I'm not expecting too much as far as revelations go, but am truly excited for this interview...I think Axl would be the perfect guest as Howard Sterns first interview of the New Year and first interview under his new contract!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:45:19 AM by LIGuns » Logged
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2015, 08:54:24 AM »

I'd like to have each and every detail because I'm curious. But I don't think itwould make any sense for them. Joking around about it, is probably the best way to handle the situation. Sort of a rocknroll/whatever/fuckyou/none-of-your-business Attitude. But I'm still curious and would like to know what Slash did or did not for fucks sake.

To me there are no details to be said...

When 2 people have lived in a hellhole, in their youth, with no money, no food, trying to make it to rock business with almost no chamce to succeed in it, strong bonds are created...
And despite all these years of anger, sometimes a single look in the eyes is more than enough to bring back those feelings...
Wink

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2015, 09:03:35 AM »

The world is exploding. Every single person around me is talking about the reunion. Definitely one of the greatest news (if such is to be announced) in the music history.

"...It don't really matter..."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »

The world is exploding. Every single person around me is talking about the reunion. Definitely one of the greatest news (if such is to be announced) in the music history.

Agreed. People I haven't heard from in years have reached out to me to talk about this.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »

Agreed. People I haven't heard from in years have reached out to me to talk about this.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Same here mate, same here. I live in Bulgaria where Guns are not 'the most popular band' and it's still insane. Smiley

"...It don't really matter..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2015, 11:51:45 AM »

Can't wait to hear about his "New Years Tree" 😎..As the old saying goes this is Must Watch TV!! I'm not expecting too much as far as revelations go, but am truly excited for this interview...I think Axl would be the perfect guest as Howard Sterns first interview of the New Year and first interview under his new contract!!
Is Stern back next week or the week after? If they have another week off, that'd be a great way to kick off the new contract indeed. I'm sure Gary is furiously working the phones. He came close to having him on a few years back.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »

It's insane indeed.

A couple of days ago, the reunion story was on the fucking news here in Norway(NRK, Norway's equivalent of the BBC), and a 3 minute report at that. They rarely report anything music related other than when big acts are performing a concert or are in the country.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »

Wonder what the odds are that the reunited GNR plays live on Kimmel and then Axl sits down to reveal plans?..

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »

Wonder what the odds are that the reunited GNR plays live on Kimmel and then Axl sits down to reveal plans?..

Could happen.  Duff has shown pic of rehearsing correct?  Just hope Axl would rehearse

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »

Just hope Axl would rehearse

LOL, Axl almost never reharsed in his career

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: